AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to change sweep before I hoisted it onto my shelf... 8110.

I can't see how to get at the horizontal sweep connectors to turn them since I have barely a foot of space to work in, another shelf is in the way.

Does the H card just slide out the top or are there some screws I can't see or something? It doesn't seem to want to move.

I tweaked my back getting it in place, and I really don't want to lift it again if I don't have to.

sorry for such a noob question.

Troy

·
Registered
412 Posts
Check out Tim's tech tip:
Link to Etech

You just need to remove the main cover and the three plugs are in the middle, just below or along side the Green tube (to the left of the HD card if you are looking from the lenses back at the unit in a ceiling mount situation.)

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

You will want to reverse vertical sweep also, that is the green/yellow wire pairs going to the rear heat sink.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... Yes I could reach and see vertical no problem. I still don't see connectors like that web page shows for horizontal, but like I said I can't get my head in there.

Damn... I dead lifted the thing onto a 4ft shelf myself... Looks like I have to figure out a smarter way to get it up and down again because the sheiliding and shelf blocks my view and I can't see what I'm doing.

I only have three crushed vertibrae from an old rollerblading accident, there's more to spare right??

:)

Troy

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
A couple 'o friends and a 12 pack will solve the lifting problem very quickly... ;)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm too impatient to wait for help though... I've been without a pj long eough already and I have new toys to play with.

I think I can weasel it onto another stand and back. If you don't hear back it's because Ive fallen and I can't get up, call lifealert. :)

Troy

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It turns out I did have to remove the board to get at the connectors. I don't know why but it didn't have the connectors out in the open as stated on the e-tech site.

Anyway it's working and I didn't break my back.

Troy

·
Registered
412 Posts
And we didn't have to call life alert!!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention I found one of the grounding straps loose and floating around on the backplane board. Not just loose on one end, it wasn't connected to anything and I don't know where it came from but I am sure lucky it didn't short anything before I saw it. If I hadn't pulled the card and cage I wouldn't have even seen it.

I gotta say even with a worn blue tube and only about 1/2hr of half done setup I am really impressed by the marquee. Right off the bat you can see it's potential and the setup is so easy. I expected to be disappointed with a worn tube and poor color reproduction without gel filters but no way... Looks great.

Troy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.