AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned speaker stands, nor do I remember knowing anybody else who did. All speakers I've owned (and that I can remember friends/relatives having owned) were bookshelf speakers literally on a shelf, or wall-mounted satellites or floor standers.

In the next month or two I'm planning to get either floorstanders or a bookshelf pair and stands. So when researching bookshelf speakers I'm also considering stands that would go well with them.

My confusion is with how the speakers get attached to the stands. I see some stands have L-brackets, but those won't help if the speaker doesn't have a hole low down at the back. Other stands just have a flat plate at the top. How are the speakers affixed onto them? Adhesive? Are separate brackets normally needed to clamp them to the plate somehow? I don't want to drill any holes in the speakers.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The majority of the time, they are not attached. You can use something like blu tack for a nice damped connection though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmi4ever /forum/post/0

My confusion is with how the speakers get attached to the stands. I see some stands have L-brackets, but those won't help if the speaker doesn't have a hole low down at the back. Other stands just have a flat plate at the top. How are the speakers affixed onto them? Adhesive? Are separate brackets normally needed to clamp them to the plate somehow? I don't want to drill any holes in the speakers.

Generally speaker stand come with few different types of top plates. You place the speakers on the top plate and use some sort of adhesive (like blue tac or industrial velcro) to secure the speakers. These adhesives are easy to remove and are not something which will spoil the speakers. There is no need to drill the hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.