AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or do I have to find the Scorpian King even though I got The Mummy Returns?

·
Registered
109 Posts
is the Scorpian King the Mummy Returns ? NO

do I have to find the Scorpian King even though I got The Mummy Returns ? YES

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it just me, or do the three movies (Mummy, Mummy Returns, and Scorpion King) not have a "flowing" story line? It's been a while since I've seen all three and I could be talking out of my a** here, but I remember that the Scorpion King was, like, the bad guy in the Mummy Returns, while he was sorta the hero in the Scorpion King. I also think that I remember there were story line differences between the original Mummy and the Mummy Returns. Even though they were all good movies, it was an inconsistant story line.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDog /forum/post/0

Is it just me, or do the three movies (Mummy, Mummy Returns, and Scorpion King) not have a "flowing" story line? It's been a while since I've seen all three and I could be talking out of my a** here, but I remember that the Scorpion King was, like, the bad guy in the Mummy Returns, while he was sorta the hero in the Scorpion King. I also think that I remember there were story line differences between the original Mummy and the Mummy Returns. Even though they were all good movies, it was an inconsistant story line.

The whole theory of the Scorpion king was that he became bad over time and was not this evil villain at heart. Also the Scorpion king was not so much a third movie in the series but rather a spin-off telling some of the history of the Scorpion King.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
In the mummy the hero meets the girl and the villian . In the sequal they are married and have a kid and the villian is back and unleashes a bigger villian .

The scorpian king was just a knock off conan . It was really bad . I persoanly wouldn't waste my time with it .

Also yes they are working on a part 3

·
Registered
5,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

I have heard rumors that they are coming out with and actual mummy 3, is this true? So there will be a total of 4 movies in the series if this comes out.

Yeah, it's been in production for a little while. However it's kinda amusing but the producers are very adamant about not calling it "the mummy 3" for marketing reasons, hoping that people won't ignore it because of "sequalitis". They are marketing it as a "Rick O'bannon adventure"
. But to cut to the chase, yes a 3rd mummy movies is coming out sometime this year or 2008, can't remember when.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have not seen these movies. I'll give them a try, but I have pretty low expectations. Should they be watched in this order?

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King

Do they get better or worse? If I cannot stomach the first one, will I like the others?

MB

·
Banned
720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLindsey /forum/post/0

Should they be watched in this order?

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King

Thats how they were made but timeline wise its

Scorpion King

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King is a brain twister if you think about it though because it is a prequel of a sequel of a movie that was a re-make of another movie that was made 70 years ago.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Rick' O'Connell

my bad,
, been a while since I've seen them and I'm way too lazy to get up and go look at the DVD case

EDIT: That name O'bannon is tickling at the back of my mind though. I can't remember what movie character was named that but I'll figure it out later.

·
Registered
502 Posts

Quote:

I have not seen these movies. I'll give them a try, but I have pretty low expectations. Should they be watched in this order?

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King

Do they get better or worse? If I cannot stomach the first one, will I like the others?

MB

Definitely watch mummy and mummy returns in order. The scorpion king character is not introduced until mummy returns, and he serves a smaller role in the plot. Haven't seen the scorpion King.

The mummy is an entertaining action film. It's a bit corny, but all in good fun, the story is so so. The mummy returns IMO is not as good as the first one, it develops the plot some more, fills you in on the story much more, has some great action scenes and some great effects, but the story really is ridiculous, a few parts come to mind, but if I tell you it would ruin the movie for you. Once you've seen the first one, if you liked it, you will enjoy the second, just try not to think about the films too much, especially the second one. I sort of equate these films with the pirates of the carribean films, great effects, great action, entertaining to watch, but really not great films. They do pack the theatres though and make a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

Quote:

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King

MB

Mummy Returns is the best one and looks excellent in HD.

Scorpion King was horrible. The acting was putrid and the story line was shallow as those one hour sitcoms(Macguyver,Quantum Leap etc) where the hero saves the day ALL THE TIME

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Quote:

Mummy

Mummy Returns

Scorpion King

MB

Yeah, that's the order...

They aren't bad movies. They have plenty of action.

Keep your low expectations going in and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Premium Member
26,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 /forum/post/0

Mummy Returns is the best one and looks excellent in HD.

Scorpion King was horrible. The acting was putrid and the story line was shallow as those one hour sitcoms(Macguyver,Quantum Leap etc) where the hero saves the day ALL THE TIME

I happen to watch it last night on HD-DVD. It was worst than I remember. Pure pulp.....but since Vince McMahan from WWE OR WWF...never watch the "sport" was executive producer...that should say it all.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chako /forum/post/0

Scorpion King is a brain twister if you think about it though because it is a prequel of a sequel of a movie that was a re-make of another movie that was made 70 years ago.

Let me get this straight, the scorpion king is based on another movie that was made in the 1930s?? What was that movie called?

I guess that I am the only one who liked the scorpion king, in fact I liked it better then both the mummy. I found it to be a kick ass action film. Oh well...... To each there own. Though my wife liked both mummy movies, she doesn't like the scorpion king, she sais its too much of a guys film for her.

·
Banned
720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

Let me get this straight, the scorpion king is based on another movie that was made in the 1930s?? What was that movie called?

I guess that I am the only one who liked the scorpion king, in fact I liked it better then both the mummy. I found it to be a kick ass action film. Oh well...... To each there own. Though my wife liked both mummy movies, she doesn't like the scorpion king, she sais its too much of a guys film for her.

No The Mummy is a remake of the 1932 Boris Karloff The Mummy.

So Mummy Returns is the sequel of that

The Scorpion King in a prequel to The Mummy Returns.

Sooooo The Scorpion King is a prequel of a sequel (The Mummy Returns) of a movie that was a re-make (The Mummy) of another movie that was made 70 years ago. (The Mummy 1932)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.