AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it bad to touch the screen of a plasma TV? I know it isn't suggested that you touch an LCD screen, but my unfamiliarity with plasmas leaves me wondering if the same is true for plasmas.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Plasma screens are glass, and much more rigid than the typical softer plastic LCD screen. So touching it won't distort the picture. I would, however, avoid it because you might leave fingerprints or scratch the screen.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse0213 /forum/post/18198995

Is it bad to touch the screen of a plasma TV? I know it isn't suggested that you touch an LCD screen, but my unfamiliarity with plasmas leaves me wondering if the same is true for plasmas.

You won't do any harm by touching the glass screen of the plasma, other than perhaps leaving a smudge : )

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse0213 /forum/post/18198995

Here is a quote from the manual. It gives you an idea on how much plasma screen touching you can do.

Quote:
The front of the display panel has been specially treated....

Do not scratch or hit the surface of the panel with fingernails or other hard objects. Furthermore, avoid contact with volatile

substances such as insect sprays, solvents, and thinner; otherwise, the quality of the surface may be adversely affected. .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts