AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dune will scale the 1080i output of my AccessDTV card to 1080P without a problem.

When connecting the 1080i output of my Sony HD100 HD receiver to the same input it doesn't work. (No picture)

I tried input 7 and downloaded the latest firmware.(1q011008)

Any suggestions ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After trying a new upload, the unit does not accept a 1080i input at all except when using Analog passthrough. This is true on input 6,7 and 8.

Is anyone doing 1080i scaling on these inputs?

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
611 Posts
Frank,

I could swear that I once did it with my GVC-1280 (SDI), but for the life of me I cannot repeat it. I plan to talk with Jim Ferguson about it tomorrow. One of us will pass on whatever we can conclude. I have mentioned this in other posts, but noone rose to the question.

I do find that I prefer the analog passthrough of 1080i to the 1365x1024 output, but it is close. All of this in the context of D-ILA.

Vince

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vince.

While I was able to get the 1080P mode to work with the AccessDTV card, I watched some of 'Visions of Italy' from PBS and the image was wonderful and appeared to be better then 1080i.

Now I get nada. :(

Man this thing is touchy.

Frank

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it to work again with the AccessDTV card and the 1080P is awesome.

The problem was that the S-video cable had come out while I was screwing with it and it has to be connected like the manual says.

Unfortunately, the 1080i from the Sony HD100 still doesn't work.

Frank

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another major problem with the unit is that the clocks per line defaults to 1472 even if I change it to 1436 which it needs to be for my display.

As soon as I change an input and return to that one it returns to the usless 1472 again.

This is a major problem.

Before upgrading the firmware it didn't do this.

P.S. I did save it by pressing the save button.

It just doesn't save it for some reason.

Frank

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm getting lots of complaints about the latest firmware. I've contacted Vigatec and they are looking into the issues and trying to replicate the problems.

In the interim, I've attached a couple of past firmware versions for you in the event you want to back rev until the dust settles on 11008.

vigfirmware.zip 87.4658203125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks much Tom.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have only scaled 1080I YPrPb to 1024x768 going out to an NEC LT150. That appeared to work pretty well. I have not tried to scale to 1080P (wish I had a device that could actually display 1080P!)

Personally I preferred the straight 1080I pass-through from the HDTV receiver to the scaled version. The scaled version seemed to have lots of little "micro-blurs" whenever there was any motion.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the 1080P output but I noticed quite a few artifacts with the other resolutions.

Reverting back to the two previous firmware versions didn't help anything.

The save function still doesn't work with the HD input settings and the 1080i from the Sony HD100 still doesn't work.

Frank

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also find that only input 7 will scale 1080i.

The default 'clocks per line' of 1472 doesn't sync correctly and none of the firmware versions saves the changes so it's virtually worthless.

Sure could use a fix.

Frank

·
Super Moderator
21,597 Posts
I have same thing on GVC 1280- it scales nicely via HD-100 component output into Vig input 4, but VGA 1080 out only works on pass thru via inputs 6, 7 or 8

·
Registered
611 Posts
Frank,

I tried all three graphics inputs (6, 7, and 8) with the DTC-100 540P output. None will permit a selection of 1080P as an output. Also, the only two acceptable outputs are the analog passthrough and the DTC100. The aspect ratios are significantly different between these two. The analog passthrough is significantly wider and shorter. I would hazard to say it is more correct than the DTC100 output. I tried your input 7 in hopes of finding something, but nothing. In fact, at the moment, it won't permit a 1365x1024 output either. Though it would do that yesterday when Jim Ferguson was here. That is not entirely true, it passes 1365x1024, but it rolls violently and repeats 4 or five times horizontally.

The D1 input will not permit you to output the correct aspect ratio for anamorphic disks. But I hear that is coming.

I am using the 720 firmware.

I just tried to see if the svideo output of the DTC100 can be rescaled to 1080P and if you believe the display, it can. It is not as good as the analog passthrough of 540p in my opinion. So maybe the only place I have encountered 1080p is NOT on inputs 6-8.

I wish we had a PC-based, RS232-controlled view of all the Vigatec settings. Then we could tick mark the on-creen (PC monitor) and then punch the preview button and decide whether to tweak something. This could all be done in the PC which would send the settings to the processor. It would not require anything new in the Vigatec. Maybe Immersive will ride in on a white horse. The present interface is like looking through a knothole.

Vince

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am running a Panny DST-50 at 1080i into input 6 and outputting 1080p. I always have a picture however there is some ringing on the left side of the picture. I suspect my RGB cable is choking on the high bandwidth, although the problem goes away at 960p, so that's strange. Display is a Barco 1209

My firmware ver. is 10523 US

·
Registered
827 Posts
ok here some help:

output resolutions can only be adjusted if

input 1-5 is activated. 1080p is only supported at 60 Hz so check

your framerate.

That the pixelclock of input 6 cannot be saved is a bug we will fix

that.

The SONY HD 100 is a miracle to us and to solve your problems

would require some good technical documentation of that box.

We have good and nice pictures out of our HD generator, why not

asking SONY why they do not stick to the international standards which we all support. We apologize that we are unable to fix all the problems of SONY, PANASONIC and ........ .

We try hard but sometimes we fail.

The format conversion for SDI has been fixed with the latest firmware so that should work. If your units still behave funny

press the STORE button when repowering to clear and load

the EEPROM with the new values of the updated firmware.

thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
I take it from Spatz's post that the input on one of the 1-5 inputs must be active. Not merely connected with the source inactive.

Also, I guess Spatz must mean that firmware version 11008 fixes the SDI aspect ratio issue, but that is the version that Tom has referred to as causing lots of problems. Do we know what those problems are (maybe they would not affect me, since for instance, I don't use component-in)?

Vince

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I recently got the component output of my Panasonic DST-51 to work on input 6. The 1080P output works flawlessly. The image quality is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I tried the component output of my Sony HD100 receiver on input 7 but it doesn't work correctly.

What can be done to make it work?

I might be willing to pay to have it work............ :)

Frank

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.