AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday Feb 3 at 9PM on Sci Fi. Back in '93 or '94 I taped this on VHS and that tape has since 'folded space' somewhere under our basement steps, never to be seen again.

So anyway, if you are a Dune nut like me, you might want to catch this. It's sortof the directors's cut that makes slightly more sense than the theatrical release. Frencesca Annis was IMO, the best Jessica ever. Sean Young was an awful Chani, but hey, there are only so many 'android but doesn't know it roles'. Sting should have been Paul. ....Discuss....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wooohoo! Big thanks for this heads-up!

I've been waiting for a DVD version of the 4-hour, I had all but given up hope to ever get this version.

Now I'll make my own DVD!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some DVDs on ebay...region 2, I think. I think there is an even longer version than the 4-hour.

I almost forgot Linda Hunt....oooh baby.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh man! there's a 194min version?! Now I'm wondering if I should bother with the TV cut or go for the big 194min.

Decisions decisions.

Thanks for pointing out about the ebay copies Rev.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Will definately record this.

I'm kinda an oddball in this Dune regard. The theatrical cut Lynch doom was my first exposure to Dune. I later read the books and everything was colore by my recollections of the Lynch VHS.

Sting as Paul????? Never pictured him or his Leto-ites as blondes (see above) just seems strange to me. Then agan the fremen should be black right? All that sun, all those eons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.