AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
New firmware states you won't be able to revert to older fw if you install latest, why is this? What if new firmware does not work as intended, or introduce new problems then what?
This seems like a really bad idea.

Reactions: Hyrax

·
Registered
21 Posts
A couple of months ago I asked a question about 'movie walls', and the relative merits of Dune and Zidoo. I explained that I currently use zappiti on my Dune HD Max, and because I also have lots of Home Movies, in addition to ripped DVDs and blu-rays, I need to create my own images for my home movies which obviously fail the regular scraping of 'known' commercial movies.

I now want to order either the Dune HD Pro 4k II or a Zidoo Z9x.

• Is there a way to load zappiti on either the Dune or the Zidoo?
  • failing that, are there better options (plex doesn't play my preferred media formats)
  • how easy is it to incorporate your own categories of movies, e.g. 'Holidays', 'Sports Events', 'Family', etc into the media jukebox?
Blenky kindly explained, and demonstrated, that you can create your own categories on the Zidoo Home Theatre 3 movie wall, but what I was really asking was 'can you use your own images to illustrate your own movies once you have created a category?'

On zappiti, when my home movies fail the movie scrape, I then individually personalise them with my own screenshots, descriptions and titles.

Sorry, the only movie wall I am familiar with is zappiti and I don't want to be restricted to rips of commercial movies.

Thanks
You can use your version of Zapiti on every Dune, but not on the Zidoo.
An alternative would be YADIS, which is also very easy to use and free software.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You can use your version of Zapiti on every Dune, but not on the Zidoo.
An alternative would be YADIS, which is also very easy to use and free software.
Only older versions of Zappiti Media Centre work on Dune. The current one does not or else I would use it myself.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Since he is using Zapiti Media Center on a Dune HD Max, it obviously is an older version
Missed that bit, the clue should have been when you said your version. Sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, thanks folks. Zappiti version 2.9.16.0.
I suppose in settings, now that I am using a NAS, the Files, Export, and Configuration Folder all remain the same as now. My only confusion is around how to load the shortcut onto my Dune. Do I just copy and paste one there?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I installed Zappiti on the Dune HD Pro 4K II and it works great.
Yes, thanks folks. Zappiti version 2.9.16.0.
I suppose in settings, now that I am using a NAS, the Files, Export, and Configuration Folder all remain the same as now. My only confusion is around how to load the shortcut onto my Dune. Do I just copy and paste one there?
I think you just need to mark the Zappiti folder as a favorite, assuming it is on your NAS drive.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
New firmware states you won't be able to revert to older fw if you install latest, why is this? What if new firmware does not work as intended, or introduce new problems then what?
This seems like a really bad idea.
I think that this sometimes is the case when there is some licensing issue where a feature has to be dropped. Is that the case here? I also note that the firmware download page says that the previous fw:
"
Version "200910_2300_r15"
Download: N/A (is not available / is not recommended for this player model, the listed changes are included into next firmware versions)
"
I have that version installed and it seems to work fine. Does anyone know why it is not recommended? I want to keep it because it allows audio sync. I could update to the latest beta, but want to wait to see if the new version introduces problems. It is bad news that once you update you will no longer be able to revert.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think that this sometimes is the case when there is some licensing issue where a feature has to be dropped. Is that the case here? I also note that the firmware download page says that the previous fw:
"
Download: N/A (is not available / is not recommended for this player model, the listed changes are included into next firmware versions)
"
I have that version installed and it seems to work fine. Does anyone know why it is not recommended? I want to keep it because it allows audio sync. I could update to the latest beta, but want to wait to see if the new version introduces problems. It is bad news that once you update you will no longer be able to revert.
I am not updating from 2300-r15 until i know exactly what changes are made, and why you can't revert.
The fact that you might be stuck on a beta firmware that might introduce new problems is not good.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #691
"
"
It’s usually the case when they update the SDK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed Zappiti on the Dune HD Pro 4K II and it works great.

I think you just need to mark the Zappiti folder as a favorite, assuming it is on your NAS drive.
Yes, thanks. Obvious now.
Create a new network folder from Network Browser on the Dune, access the shares and add Zappiti to Favourites.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Q: About Realtek system settings - Video: Peak Luminance Level 4? More, Auto 1080P 24Hz Playback, what if this as "default" ? Audio: HDMI Rx Audioformat, what are that ? Audio DAC switch? Others: Performance Mode CPU, Performance on or off? Playback with less reserved buffer ?
I dont think this settings are discussed in this thread ?

Reactions: Krairerk Pokmanee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
And what about using the Dune Pro 4K II as an audio transport. Is it going to send the sound to the DAC max 24bit / 192KHz after s-pdif? Does it happen automatically when we listen to music?
How does the Tidal service look like?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Did anyone get Netflix working properly on this dune(pro 4k ii)? I tried downloading the newest version/upgrading the current one. No luck. Even if it does switch resolution / her correctly, after a short while e.g. when playing a 1080p movie, it gets stuck on this resolution. If Netflix worked properly with a 'source direct' that Dune ii 4k would become my most used device.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the unit and there is no way I see Google play store as well as the Android TV under the Android folder. One major feature I purchase the Pro II is the ATV function... Any insight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replied in a private conversation, but glad you got things sorted out 😀
The "return" key on the remote will get you back to the Dune UI
Yeah, got your private IM and it works out all great, now the only thing that's missing is the full 5.1/audio passthrough on those Android app (but most likely never going to happen). At least I need to keep my shield as a backup for Plex and online streaming. I wish I can retire the Shield...

681 - 700 of 700 Posts