AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Checking to see if this new version still activates subtitles on certain releases and displays the chapter change graphic.

The old PRO and the current Realbox still does this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this Dune player handle 4:3 correctly? This is important to me. I play a lot of 3D blu-rays and 4k/HDR, but I still have a lot of DVD content also.
4:3 it's correct if you use MKV or other media files, but it seems to be still wrong if you want to play a DVD ISO. There you have to switch the format to 4:3 after you've started it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
But does switching it to 4:3 manually actually display it correctly in this Dune player? Because with my Zidoo x10, it does not. Even switching manually to 4:3 in the Zidoo aspect ratio settings, it displays both PAL and NTSC 4:3 material incorrectly, for DVDs and also files like mkv. It's always stretched or squished no matter what you do or what display mode you choose. At least if I could manually swicth it and it worked that would be something.

Supposedly the new Zidoo x9s has fixed this issue. Does Dune plan to fix the auto 4:3 switching for DVD folders and ISOs?

·
Registered
471 Posts
But does switching it to 4:3 manually actually display it correctly in this Dune player? Because with my Zidoo x10, it does not. Even switching manually to 4:3 in the Zidoo aspect ratio settings, it displays both PAL and NTSC 4:3 material incorrectly, for DVDs and also files like mkv. It's always stretched or squished no matter what you do or what display mode you choose. At least if I could manually swicth it and it worked that would be something.

Supposedly the new Zidoo x9s has fixed this issue. Does Dune plan to fix the auto 4:3 switching for DVD folders and ISOs?
yes..4:3 works perfectly

·
Registered
3 Posts
After three days of normal usage, for the first time today, the Dune HD Pro 4K II Plus does not recognize gigabit network. After I plug in the device, the green light comes on and flashes for a few seconds and then goes out and the orange light comes on. On all other devices in the home network, the green light blinks neatly and the devices recognize the gigabit network. Now, content is transferred to Dune at a speed of about 50Mbit and while the device recognized the gigabit network, the content was transferred at a speed of about 100Mbit. Since everything worked for the first three days, I'm interested in whether there is a malfunction on the device or the problem is related to the current firmware. I've tried everything but I can't get the device to recognize a gigabit network

·
Registered
94 Posts
After three days of normal usage, for the first time today, the Dune HD Pro 4K II Plus does not recognize gigabit network. After I plug in the device, the green light comes on and flashes for a few seconds and then goes out and the orange light comes on. On all other devices in the home network, the green light blinks neatly and the devices recognize the gigabit network. Now, content is transferred to Dune at a speed of about 50Mbit and while the device recognized the gigabit network, the content was transferred at a speed of about 100Mbit. Since everything worked for the first three days, I'm interested in whether there is a malfunction on the device or the problem is related to the current firmware. I've tried everything but I can't get the device to recognize a gigabit network
Have you done a factory reset?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Not sure if been answered..
Deciding to get this dune..

I want to use emby tv app with Dune.. As I use emby server to scrap movies..

Will dune allow emby app to use dunes awesome internal video player?

I know emby app gives option to use external player...

If so, then awesome... I can use emby for posters etc and dune video player for best sound and video..

Question also..
Dunes built in movie wall app, can you store the database to a Nas (SMB) location instead of using internal storage in dune..

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure if been answered..
Deciding to get this dune..

I want to use emby tv app with Dune.. As I use emby server to scrap movies..

Will dune allow emby app to use dunes awesome internal video player?

I know emby app gives option to use external player...

If so, then awesome... I can use emby for posters etc and dune video player for best sound and video..

Question also..
Dunes built in movie wall app, can you store the database to a Nas (SMB) location instead of using internal storage in dune..

thanks
Hi Muad,
Emby works on DUNE, but the resolution still limited to 1080p. Dune's developer said me that they will allow to use dune player as external, but for now, I didn't saw that change in the firmware.
I am very disappointed of the box because it's plenty of bugs. I decided to buy the new Zidoo box.

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
The most annoying thing to me is the subtitles still forced on by default, which means I have to disable them every single time I start a film.

How difficult is it to only play forced subtitles by default, like any standalone player?

I use BD folders (1:1 from the original disc), so the info is there and the Dune can play BD menus, so it has the ability to interpret it.

I'm not using the Dune mostly for this reason (and because of the banding).

It's been a long time since launch, and seeing no improvement for these two basic issues reported on day one by myself and others is disappointing, to say the least.

The Oppo 203 clone remains my favorite source when I'm not using the HTPC, despite its poor interface. With MyMovies on iPad as a front end, it's fine though.

At least it's able to play every single title flawlessly, has no banding and plays BD folders as intended (only forced subs by default)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hi Muad,
Emby works on DUNE, but the resolution still limited to 1080p. Dune's developer said me that they will allow to use dune player as external, but for now, I didn't saw that change in the firmware.
I am very disappointed of the box because it's plenty of bugs. I decided to buy the new Zidoo box.
What are the main bugs in dune that made you decide to get the zidoo?
Thanks for answering emby question..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazon prime nt able to play 5.1 audio 4k support. whn can we expect the resolution. netflix able to play 4k dolby atmos. Hdd playback picture & sound track is gd with marantz sr8015 compare to previous model. Some times screen goes off suddenly, whn we stop movie in middle, dont knw why. Mobile app needs to polish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What are the main bugs in dune that made you decide to get the zidoo?
Thanks for answering emby question..
First, because I cannot use emby (because of the limitation).
I really don't like how Dune manage/show/follow your collection (Emby is much more better):
- emby scan automatically new element added (scan is automatic and give better result) <-> for Dune, you have to run manually indexing (at least, I don't see where I can run it automatically). And sometimes, when it doesn't found correct result, even IMDB id doesn't work.
- you have plenty of way to show your collection, and you can create several profile (for me, I need a different profil for my kids, to show different collection) <-> for Dune, you have less options

The remote is to "sensitive". You have to point on Dune, and not 1 cm next to it, otherwise, it will not detect you.
There is several little bugs annoying. For example, when screensaver start, the default language is overwritten by chinese.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
First, because I cannot use emby (because of the limitation).
I really don't like how Dune manage/show/follow your collection (Emby is much more better):
  • emby scan automatically new element added (scan is automatic and give better result) for Dune, you have to run manually indexing (at least, I don't see where I can run it automatically). And sometimes, when it doesn't found correct result, even IMDB id doesn't work.
  • you have plenty of way to show your collection, and you can create several profile (for me, I need a different profil for my kids, to show different collection) for Dune, you have less options

The remote is to "sensitive". You have to point on Dune, and not 1 cm next to it, otherwise, it will not detect you.
There is several little bugs annoying. For example, when screensaver start, the default language is overwritten by chinese.
Is there a way in dune to use Kodi and use the emby add on? and have Kodi use the Dune internal player? like a wrapper function..

I know there is a Kodi wrapper app(xbmc wrapper) for Android that let's you choose external players for Kodi, but will dune player show in list?

If so, then we could use Kodi and Embuary skin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a way in dune to use Kodi and use the emby add on? and have Kodi use the Dune internal player? like a wrapper function..

I know there is a Kodi wrapper app(xbmc wrapper) for Android that let's you choose external players for Kodi, but will dune player show in list?

If so, then we could use Kodi and Embuary skin
I tried, but for me Kodi dump. I didn't try all versions. But for sure, you will have the same limitation problem (1080p).

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I tried, but for me Kodi dump. I didn't try all versions. But for sure, you will have the same limitation problem (1080p).
Let's hope they allow internal player soon
Is this also true for Android plex app?
if it can use or see dune internal player mahbe I'll switch to plex from emby. I don't have any ISO files as plex can't see them anymote anyway .

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You can still choose the stock RTD player though.
Plex doesn’t allow for external player on Android afaik.
Does the stock player have same quality as dunes internal?
And is this player seen in external player list in emby app or xbmc wrapper for Kodi app?

Basically, I want a good movie collection app. I might get 3 Dune players for around house. And want them to all see same movies with art work etc.. And to access maybe a global database on a Nas..
Kind of like zappiti..

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #740
I don't see a reason why the PQ should be different. Dune added some features besides skinning the app. It looks pretty horrible (look at my Zappiti review for some pictures).
If I remember correctly, the stock player shows up in the external player apps.

721 - 740 of 748 Posts