AVS Forum banner

741 - 748 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am very disappointed of the box because it's plenty of bugs. I decided to buy the new Zidoo box.
With Zidoo boxes you wil also get a lot of bugs, it is very annoying but currently there is no other choice.

Reactions: tbass2k

·
Registered
155 Posts
The most annoying thing to me is the subtitles still forced on by default, which means I have to disable them every single time I start a film.

How difficult is it to only play forced subtitles by default, like any standalone player?

I use BD folders (1:1 from the original disc), so the info is there and the Dune can play BD menus, so it has the ability to interpret it.

I'm not using the Dune mostly for this reason (and because of the banding).

It's been a long time since launch, and seeing no improvement for these two basic issues reported on day one by myself and others is disappointing, to say the least.

The Oppo 203 clone remains my favorite source when I'm not using the HTPC, despite its poor interface. With MyMovies on iPad as a front end, it's fine though.

At least it's able to play every single title flawlessly, has no banding and plays BD folders as intended (only forced subs by default)
Hey Manni, i completely agree! If you are lucky, you can hit the popup menu and turn the subs off or if there are only 3-4 subs you can toggle through them until its off...

But if you are unlucky... as usual... the popup will already be set to subs off but subs are still on... or toggling through 20+ subs while the movie is under way makes me want to shoot myself when my family ridicules me about my “awesome” tech that i keep sinking money into...

Or the chapter skip graphic that comes up randomly...

Was hoping that the newer unit would have had updated software but seems this issue on the Pro / Realbox / Pro II seems like they just dont want to bother fixing it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
New Pro4K II owner here...but have had several Dunes going back to Smart H3....

In any case, I'm hoping someone can give me a quick clue on what I've got wrong. The Pro4KII will not pass any HD audio out via the HDMI. I have a Dune RealBox and there is an audio setting that 'Enables' HDMI HD Audio. The Pro4K doesn't have this option in the Audio setup menu. There are other locations on the 1619 menu where I have audio HDMI set to Raw - I always just have the Dunes pass Bitstream (which I have set in the Audio setup menu).

This is connected to my Marantz AV8805 to the same input which had a Dune 4K Solo connected. The Solo played HD fine - Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD MA, etc.

After a couple of hours, the only thing I've gotten out of the Pro4K DD....no DTS, no TrueHD... :(

I've searched the Dune site and not found anything showing what all of the menu options are for. Again, I've compared the RealBox menu items to the Pro4KII and the key audio/video items are set up the same aside from the HDMI HD Audio Enabled toggle on the RealBox that I don't see on the Pro4KII. I have always used the native Dune player to stream ISO and MKV files using SMB...

Much thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
New Pro4K II owner here...but have had several Dunes going back to Smart H3....

In any case, I'm hoping someone can give me a quick clue on what I've got wrong. The Pro4KII will not pass any HD audio out via the HDMI. I have a Dune RealBox and there is an audio setting that 'Enables' HDMI HD Audio. The Pro4K doesn't have this option in the Audio setup menu. There are other locations on the 1619 menu where I have audio HDMI set to Raw - I always just have the Dunes pass Bitstream (which I have set in the Audio setup menu).

This is connected to my Marantz AV8805 to the same input which had a Dune 4K Solo connected. The Solo played HD fine - Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD MA, etc.

After a couple of hours, the only thing I've gotten out of the Pro4K DD....no DTS, no TrueHD... :(

I've searched the Dune site and not found anything showing what all of the menu options are for. Again, I've compared the RealBox menu items to the Pro4KII and the key audio/video items are set up the same aside from the HDMI HD Audio Enabled toggle on the RealBox that I don't see on the Pro4KII. I have always used the native Dune player to stream ISO and MKV files using SMB...

Much thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks - I was expecting to receive the Pro 4K II next week and was surprised when it arrived today. We're heading out of town tomorrow and I was trying to give it a quick run and hit this right out of the gate....

I'll apply the patch next week when I'm back.

Thanks again!!!

Reactions: tbass2k

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've got the patch in and getting the HDMI HD audio out now (DTS HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, ATMOS) playing from MKV files. The patch added the "Enable HDMI HD Audio" setup item which wasn't there previously.

The Pro 4KII seems very similar to the Dune RealBox - I have a handful of MKV files that will not play normally on either the 4KII or RealBox but play fine on the 4K Solo and old Dune Smart H3 - MKV files of Deepwater Horizon and Apocalypse Now are examples - selecting the movie and it just sits there and doesn't actually start playing. Pressing play doesn't do anything either. I'd noticed this on the RealBox and hoped the 4KII wouldn't have this hiccup. If you do a chapter skip, everything is fine but you miss the first several minutes. I've tried H.264, H.265, H.265 10-bit and they all hang.

I can fast-fwd in 10 seconds and it plays fine from there on. I'd searched but hadn't seen any references to this issue...has anyone else experienced this??

Reactions: atz and gymnos

·
Registered
1 Posts
After three days of normal usage, for the first time today, the Dune HD Pro 4K II Plus does not recognize gigabit network. After I plug in the device, the green light comes on and flashes for a few seconds and then goes out and the orange light comes on. On all other devices in the home network, the green light blinks neatly and the devices recognize the gigabit network. Now, content is transferred to Dune at a speed of about 50Mbit and while the device recognized the gigabit network, the content was transferred at a speed of about 100Mbit. Since everything worked for the first three days, I'm interested in whether there is a malfunction on the device or the problem is related to the current firmware. I've tried everything but I can't get the device to recognize a gigabit network

the same happens to me.. How have you solved this problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the link. i remember having to do a similar patch on my Duo years ago. No idea why dune doesn't just fix this themselves...

741 - 748 of 748 Posts