AVS Forum banner

801 - 820 of 849 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
hi all,

dune hd pro 4k II, five months have passed.
when will there be a new firmware?
When covid is over and people can get back to work i would suspect?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am going to play my ST Bluray ISO files from Sandisk Ultra USB3 stick and see where my problem is going. It is not the cables and it is not the Factory Reset. If there is no Bluray ISO problem known to Dune, then the bottleneck (short freeze moments) are WD My Book or rip quality related. Since my computers are in the next room, I'm not going to play via LAN just yet...(To be continued)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am going to play my ST Bluray ISO files from Sandisk Ultra USB3 stick and see where my problem is going. It is not the cables and it is not the Factory Reset. If there is no Bluray ISO problem known to Dune, then the bottleneck (short freeze moments) are WD My Book or rip quality related. Since my computers are in the next room, I'm not going to play via LAN just yet...(To be continued)
All i can say is... LOL.... No one cares about your tribulations.. You have been told time and time again on how to find the error, and you continue to refuse to try the solution.

Your problem at this point is YOU.

And with that, welcome to my ignore list..

Reactions: compingharry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Playing Bluray ISO via Sandisk Ultra (without moving parts) instead of WD My Book (presumed problem with "parking the heads") will reveal if there is something wrong with the Bluray ISO files itself...And with just watching ST (not endless testing) I am ruling out the causes of the short freezes 1 by 1...I will consider using LAN after knowing the limitations I experience via USB...(Call me stupid)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried the "simple" LAN Shared Map approach advised by Tsunamijhoe...I can share a Bluray ISO file under Windows10, but I cannot Share the map on my computer in which the file resides even after half a day of following up all Troubleshooting Microsoft suggestions concerning the properties of the map, properties of the network...What should be the most simple thing to do is a time consuming nightmare....(Thank you Windows10 ?)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I tried the "simple" LAN Shared Map approach advised by Tsunamijhoe...I can share a Bluray ISO file under Windows10, but I cannot Share the map on my computer in which the file resides even after half a day of following up all Troubleshooting Microsoft suggestions concerning the properties of the map, properties of the network...What should be the most simple thing to do is a time consuming nightmare....(Thank you Windows10 ?)
First, make sure your local network is private,not public (How to Change Your Network Profile to Public or Private in Windows 10), then you need to enable file and printer sharing in the network options (How to Enable Network Discovery and Configure Sharing Options in Windows 10 - dummies), then you make a new administrative user on the windows 10 machine called dune with the password dune,or the dune player wont be able to browse and add the network share as windows 10 has blocked access from anonymous users on smb protocol..

Also you need to enable SMB on the windows 10 pc (How to enable SMB on Windows 10)

And you might need to change users and security permissions on the folder you share on the network.. (How to set up network file sharing on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech)

Windows 10 stink so bad and make everything so hard for even simple things.. Which is why i still use windows 7 on my home network,as lan just works..

Happy trails pardner!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
First, make sure your local network is private,not public (How to Change Your Network Profile to Public or Private in Windows 10), then you need to enable file and printer sharing in the network options (How to Enable Network Discovery and Configure Sharing Options in Windows 10 - dummies), then you make a new administrative user on the windows 10 machine called dune with the password dune,or the dune player wont be able to browse and add the network share as windows 10 has blocked access from anonymous users on smb protocol..

Also you need to enable SMB on the windows 10 pc (How to enable SMB on Windows 10)

And you might need to change users and security permissions on the folder you share on the network.. (How to set up network file sharing on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech)

Windows 10 stink so bad and make everything so hard for even simple things.. Which is why i still use windows 7 on my home network,as lan just works..

Happy trails pardner!!!!
Thank you for helping me...I mostly did all above, exept for the new administrative user and enable SMB on Windows. Still it's strange...I have a music computer Windows 10 Pro (with ESET Security) which shares folder in a second, and my Internet (Dune) computer Windows 10 Pro (with Bitdefender) which refuses to Share a single map...completely frustrating to find out which detail makes the difference....I will try your above settings (Love U :eek:;)(y))

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thank you for helping me...I mostly did all above, exept for the new administrative user and enable SMB on Windows. Still it's strange...I have a music computer Windows 10 Pro (with ESET Security) which shares folder in a second, and my Internet (Dune) computer Windows 10 Pro (with Bitdefender) which refuses to Share a single map...completely frustrating to find out which detail makes the difference....I will try your above settings (Love U :eek:;)(y))
I had to delete Eset from my pc as it kept blocking local network traffic,i havent used it for years due to this error,which Eset never fixed in the time i used it. I just use ms internet security,it is fine. No need to pay for such things unless you are a dingdong or has children that download all sorts of things from dubious sources. Dont know bitdefender but disable it while trying this.
Windows 10 is difficult to get to work with Dune or other media players is my experience,i never got it working on a Intel NUC with windows 10 and KODI for example,i never found out why i could not access the shares.
You might have better luck if you mount the file location folder to a new shared folder or using the home group function in windows 10,but how to set that up i dont know..

If you enabled smb,made the admin user and just shared the folder the iso is in,and made sure file & printer sharing was enabled and correct permissions are added, you should add the folder on the dune using manual setup with the correct pathing.. This is where a lot of problems stem from, as the network browser on the dune is very particular using smb.

What i usually do,which is not adviseable under normal circumstances,is i add the "everyone" user group and elevates this to have all the control and deletes ALL other user groups in the folder security tab on the shared folder,this way there will be nothing blocking access remotely,but i am the only user on my network,so it dont matter to me,but it works (How to configure folder access for different user groups | V2 Cloud).. I then add the folder manually on the dune player.. So when adding the shared folder on the dune type in ip of the windows pc with the shared folder, folder name,user=dune,pass=dune,protocol smb it should work..

Oh,and remember to disable windows indexing on the drive your iso is shared from, or you might get stutters as the drive will read/write everytime a change occurs.. In fact, disable indexing on all drives for better performance overall..

Dune works best playing from a NAS or internal SSD is my experience.. I also used to use external drives via usb hubs,it worked like ****.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had to delete Eset from my pc as it kept blocking local network traffic,i havent used it for years due to this error,which Eset never fixed in the time i used it. I just use ms internet security,it is fine. No need to pay for such things unless you are a dingdong or has children that download all sorts of things from dubious sources. Dont know bitdefender but disable it while trying this.
Windows 10 is difficult to get to work with Dune or other media players is my experience,i never got it working on a Intel NUC with windows 10 and KODI for example,i never found out why i could not access the shares.
You might have better luck if you mount the file location folder to a new shared folder or using the home group function in windows 10,but how to set that up i dont know..

If you enabled smb,made the admin user and just shared the folder the iso is in,and made sure file & printer sharing was enabled and correct permissions are added, you should add the folder on the dune using manual setup with the correct pathing.. This is where a lot of problems stem from, as the network browser on the dune is very particular using smb.

What i usually do,which is not adviseable under normal circumstances,is i add the "everyone" user group and elevates this to have all the control and deletes ALL other user groups in the folder security tab on the shared folder,this way there will be nothing blocking access remotely,but i am the only user on my network,so it dont matter to me,but it works (How to configure folder access for different user groups | V2 Cloud).. I then add the folder manually on the dune player.. So when adding the shared folder on the dune type in ip of the windows pc with the shared folder, folder name,user=dune,pass=dune,protocol smb it should work..

Oh,and remember to disable windows indexing on the drive your iso is shared from, or you might get stutters as the drive will read/write everytime a change occurs.. In fact, disable indexing on all drives for better performance overall..

Dune works best playing from a NAS or internal SSD is my experience.. I also used to use external drives via usb hubs,it worked like ****.
Thanks...I am new to the game. First I have to find out why I cannot share any folder on my Internet PC. Maybe I'll uninstall Bitdefender and see what it does. Maybe install a fresh install of Windows and check the sharing of folders. I considered SSD, but since I have 4-6 TB of Star Trek, to put this on SSD is too expensive for me. I wondered if an internal WD 6-8TB harddrive was the solution. Also read about Synology and NAS. I probably disabled indexing via services.msc...not manually for each harddisk...I may be (=am) slow but I will get there ;) I did a reading test of the Bluray ISO file on WD My Book...23 Mbyte/s...Theoretically seems fine. Maybe ISO downloads suffer from small errors. Most important to my wife...I spend 2 euro's (and my wife's coupons) on Sandisk Ultra...It would be nice to get it working with the stuff I already own...

·
Registered
47 Posts

Happy trails pardner!!!!
Is the Windows user account dune with password dune related to the SMB passwords you have to enter in the Dune Network Folder? In other words...Is everybody here watching Star Trek any time soon? 😄 I will experiment with Bitdefender Firewall exeptions to keep the network safe...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Q: About Realtek system settings - Video: Peak Luminance Level 4? More, Auto 1080P 24Hz Playback, what if this as "default" ? Audio: HDMI Rx Audioformat, what are that ? Audio DAC switch? Others: Performance Mode CPU, Performance on or off? Playback with less reserved buffer ?
I dont think this settings are discussed in this thread ?
Why isn't there a normal manual that describes the options and what they do? Auto Resolution is OFF by default? Enable Playback Performance Mode? Switch TV system to 1080p 24Hz when playing a video with 24Hz content?...I thought some settings were already set to Auto (concerning TV and resolutions)....Which Bluray ISO player is best?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Does anyone have experience regarding Internal Player vs System Player in regard to playing Bluray ISO...?
The internal player is the Dune player, the system player is the native Realtek player.
The Dune player was developed originally on the earlier Sigma based players, then ported to Android on Realtek hardware.
Dune were first to resolve near flawless menu playback and seamless branching on the Pro 4K.
It should still be the better player on the Pro 4K II.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How reliable is the Auto Edid function? To get rid of endless searching I bought a Solo Lite demo model (75 euro) which seems to play my ST Bluray ISO files just fine. Nothing wrong with WD My Book, my ISO files, Full HD TV, cables etc. After the first boot Solo Lite suggested 1080p 50Hz...I will try this setting for Pro4K Plus II (which by the way moved my subtitles to the right above corner of the screen, and another Factory Reset was necessary...)

·
Registered
994 Posts
How reliable is the Auto Edid function? To get rid of endless searching I bought a Solo Lite demo model (75 euro) which seems to play my ST Bluray ISO files just fine. Nothing wrong with WD My Book, my ISO files, Full HD TV, cables etc. After the first boot Solo Lite suggested 1080p 50Hz...I will try this setting for Pro4K Plus II (which by the way moved my subtitles to the right above corner of the screen, and another Factory Reset was necessary...)
That initial suggested EDID setting of 1080p @50HZ is for the Dune GUI.
For movie playback the refresh rate switches (most likely to 23p or the framerate of the movie).
If you force 50HZ that would introduce stutter.

·
Registered
16,661 Posts
To break off from the previous 'back & forth', I haven't read thru all the 800+ posts here, but does anyone realize (in the US at least) "Dune" has had their license "terminated" since 2016? Which means customs can seize these units.

My Zidoo X10, 3 or 4 years ago was held up at customs probably for the same reason, but Zidoo was not on that list. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
That initial suggested EDID setting of 1080p @50HZ is for the Dune GUI.
For movie playback the refresh rate switches (most likely to 23p or the framerate of the movie).
If you force 50HZ that would introduce stutter.
Pro4K Plus II already stutters with Auto Edid setting...My Bluray ISO's on WD My Book seem to play back well on Solo Lite with 1080p 50Hz setting....Just wondering and trying the settings to know for sure it isn't the firmware itself/the android software on Realtek chip instead of Sigma...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Pro4K Plus II already stutters with Auto Edid setting...My Bluray ISO's on WD My Book seem to play back well on Solo Lite with 1080p 50Hz setting....Just wondering and trying the settings to know for sure it isn't the firmware itself/the android software on Realtek chip instead of Sigma...
But, if it was a firmware/android problem, other users of the Pro 4k II would be reporting the stutter issue with Blu-Ray ISOs too ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pro4K Plus II already stutters with Auto Edid setting...My Bluray ISO's on WD My Book seem to play back well on Solo Lite with 1080p 50Hz setting....Just wondering and trying the settings to know for sure it isn't the firmware itself...
But, if it was a firmware/android problem, other users of the Pro 4k II would be reporting the stutter issue with Blu-Ray ISOs too ?
I will try Manual settings instead of Auto Edid for Pro 4K Plus II and see what it does...If the stutters remain, I will switch to Solo Lite for now which seems to be able to play my Bluray ISO without any problem...(If I'm right cables, TV, WD MyBook are not the problem...so it must be the settings or the firmware...Do others play Bluray ISO with more episodes on it?)

801 - 820 of 849 Posts