AVS Forum banner

821 - 840 of 849 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello
Can anyone tell me if Dune works with HBO GO and how well it works?
Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I so called forced the resolution 1080p 50Hz upon playback of my Bluray ISO instead of Auto Edid...Et voila ! For the first time..No short freezes...(I guess no one here is watching Bluray ISO on Full HD screen?)

·
Registered
159 Posts
(I guess no one here is watching Bluray ISO on Full HD screen?)
THAT, is definitely not the conclusion I would come to after all your troubleshooting...

Rather you have a situation specific to your screen needing a forced resolution of 1080p 50hz to be stutter free. Maybe there are others with similar display hardware that also requires this and have figured this out but the lack of response to your specific situation should not lead to a conclusion or even a guess that "no one here is watching Bluray ISO on Full HD screen"... because I can definitively say that "no one" is incorrect. I have several Dune devices all watching Bluray ISO all on Full HD screens and not having your short freeze issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
THAT, is definitely not the conclusion I would come to after all your troubleshooting...

Rather you have a situation specific to your screen needing a forced resolution of 1080p 50hz to be stutter free. Maybe there are others with similar display hardware that also requires this and have figured this out but the lack of response to your specific situation should not lead to a conclusion or even a guess that "no one here is watching Bluray ISO on Full HD screen"... because I can definitively say that "no one" is incorrect. I have several Dune devices all watching Bluray ISO all on Full HD screens and not having your short freeze issues.
The only thing I need to do now is reproduce the problem and send a bug report to Dune. Because I am an unexperienced first Dune user I made the stupid mistake not to send a bug file when the freezes occurred, but trying to solve it myself. But in the end it was just the thing I was told not to do ("force the resolution") that lead to my first evening Star Trek without the freezes...Maybe the 2 months of checking everything inside and out was good in the way you get to know the Dune and the connected hardware inside and out...Sadly my music hobby got down to zero...Thanks everyone who tried to think along with me...(y)🎬

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
maybe someone can help me :) I bought the D.H pro 4K II And I have a terrible image quality I have the sony ubp-x700 and the popcorn hour A410,I'm using them through a Denon Avr,compared with this to is very disappointing in darker scenes I'm missing the 80% of the details,no faces,or half of them,no details on buildings,and the entire movie looks darker . I found the picture quality setting and If I raise the brightness its still darker but milky is there any solution to this problem? I used full HD, and 4K sources and the results are the same even raised the brightness on the Denon but it remains darker and milky I used all 3 video playback options on the dune but the same, embeded,kodi ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi all,

Here the Netflix solution. For me Netflix works again with 5.1

This is a service of Dune, all attention !!!
In my opinion, the "Error 1044" Netflix solution in another / customized version of Netflix, which will be downloaded from the Dune server, if you delete Netflix via pop up menu and restores ............ .INGENIOUS !

----------------------------
Hello,
Netflix should work currently -- just reinstall the app to make it working, in the following way:
In the "Android apps" menu: select Netflix, press "POP UP MENU" and choose "Delete", press "POP UP MENU" and choose "Restore Deleted Applications".
If the problem is still there, create a debug dump: right after reproducing the problem, do "Setup / Misc / Support / Send Debug Dump", and send to us the following information: ID of the created debug dump (it will be shown on the TV screen), and description of the steps you performed to reproduce the problem (so that we could try to repeat the problem on our side to check if there is a solution for it).

Please don't hesitate to reply to this email if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Svetlana
Dune HD
------------------------------

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi all,

Here the Netflix solution. For me Netflix works again with 5.1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am interested if HBO GO is already working? Can someone try it? I no longer have my Dune. Reported to HBO GO 5.1 error.

·
Registered
96 Posts
5.1 error, but nothing to do with sound. Hbo Go does not work. Does it really run fine for you?
Netflix on Deutsche reports crash. Works well, or does it?

·
Registered
Denon AVC-X6700H, Sony BR X-800M2, TV Sony55-A90J, Polk HTS-12; 7.1.4: JBL E100,60,50+PolkAtrium4
31 Posts
I have an old Dune HD D1 player, want to upgrade it to a newer Dune model - thought about this one. My main objective is to be able to play 4k Bluray files (both in .iso and in folders format) without any issues.
Is the subject a right choice for this?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have an old Dune HD D1 player, want to upgrade it to a newer Dune model - thought about this one. My main objective is to be able to play 4k Bluray files (both in .iso and in folders format) without any issues.
Is the subject a right choice for this?
I've gone through several generations of Dunes - I use them for streaming from my media server (DVD, BD, CD, SACD, DVDA, etc) and more recently 4K Bluray (folders, iso and mkv). The Pro 4K II is doing everything I need with HDR and Dolby Atmos playback. I've had one in my dedicated theater for a few months and just ordered a second unit for my family room...

Reactions: Silantyev

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·
I'd get the Vision version instead.

·
Registered
Denon AVC-X6700H, Sony BR X-800M2, TV Sony55-A90J, Polk HTS-12; 7.1.4: JBL E100,60,50+PolkAtrium4
31 Posts
I'd get the Vision version instead.

I have looked at the comparison between the two and decided that €150 difference is too much for the bells and whistles I don’t think I will need. So ordered Pro4k II from the German Amazon today.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Has someone tried to do a basic calibration of their display with the Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark, 2nd Edition Disc and the Dune HD Pro 4K II? I was at a friend and we tried to calibrate a Epson TW9400/6050 using a iso file of the disc. Contrast was blown out and no amount of tinkering with the contrast controls of the Epson could do anything to reign it in. We tried with the Oppo 105 and the older Dune 4K Solo and there was no problem. All three were set to 12bit, 4:2:2. Can anyone replicate that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,
I know this device is considered ancient now 😀, but I have a couple of questions. After searching the internet and these forums, I am still confused as to what the difference is between the native player and the internal player. I figure the native player is the Dune proprietary engine, but what is the internal player? Is that the proprietary Realtek player?
I'm digging into all of this because while I like the quality that the Dune engine produces, I really am annoyed at the "My Collection" catalog. The list of issues have been recited here many times (no way to sort removing "A" or "The" in the title, No way to add your own art, etc...) I currently get around this by using 3rd party DB / Catalog software, but the 3rd party application I use can't do some of the cool things that "modern" catalogs can do, such as have links to "similar movies", or getting biographies of cast and crew and seeing all the other films that the person was involved in. I have tried to use catalog servers (Plex, Emby, Jellyfin ...) which produce great catalogs, but cannot use the Dune Player. I've tried KODI (which can read XML files to tell it what player to use), but cannot get it to actually use the Dune engine.
Has anyone successfully gotten one of the server solutions or KODI to use the Dune engine? Also, I saw on the Dune "vision" thread that there might be a new version of the My Collection catalog coming for that device. Does anyone know if that new version will be retrofit to this device?
Apologies if this has all been explored someplace before. If it has, I'd greatly appreciate a link to the discussion.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Both 2017 and 2019 Shields output at a perfect 23.973Hz at 4K23 12-bit 422 and as you say, no banding.
I have big frame rate issues with my 2017 shield I get some stuttering. I have tried Kodi setting Kodi frame rate switching to on and whitelisted diffrent frame rates. What works best is the app auto refresh rate from play store but sometimes I get stutter with that as well on my jvc x5500. Therefore I’m considering the dune since my dune d1 plays all but 4K fine

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have purchased it a week ago - the device seems okay to me. There's one thing that's bugging me - it seems to be incompatible with CEC and HDMI Control standards. There's an option in menu and I turned it on - but still, it doesn't "talk" to the AVR or TV... Did anyone manage to solve this problem?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Does the Dune support UHD BD MENU with DV, I just bought Zidoo Z9X and realize that it doesn't support BD-Menu for DV content.

821 - 840 of 849 Posts