AVS Forum banner

841 - 860 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will support very very soon!
At this time Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo do what you want..
The Dune HD Pro 4K II will NEVER support Dolby vision, because the built in chip does not support DV at all. All DV content will be played in HDR.
If you want Dolby Vision, then you have to go with the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K or the Max Vision 4K. Both support full menu playback from ISO files or from folder structure very well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not to be a pain in the butt, but that’s not true, either. Profiles which doesn’t have a base layer (like profile 5) aren’t supported at all.
Hey,

Did you resolve your problem with the Philips Oled on the hdr10+ output ? And how is the ambeo working out ?

Grtz

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The Dune HD Pro 4K II will NEVER support Dolby vision, because the built in chip does not support DV at all. All DV content will be played in HDR.
If you want Dolby Vision, then you have to go with the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K or the Max Vision 4K. Both support full menu playback from ISO files or from folder structure very well.
They both have the chipset so why wouldn't it support it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
They both have the chipset so why wouldn't it support it.

They don't. The Pro 4K II uses the RTD1619 while the Vision line uses the RTD1619DR. The former does not support Dolby Vision.

Hey,

Did you resolve your problem with the Philips Oled on the hdr10+ output ? And how is the ambeo working out ?

Grtz
Don't have Netflix anymore so I cant say. There weren't any problems with HDR10+ on mkv. Ambilight is quite awesome imho. However, I would recommend getting the 806 as it has 4 sided Ambilight. I made my 804 4 sided with 3 play bars at the bottom but its not as good as native.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
They don't. The Pro 4K II uses the RTD1619 while the Vision line uses the RTD1619DR. The former does not support Dolby Vision.

Don't have Netflix anymore so I cant say. There weren't any problems with HDR10+ on mkv. Ambilight is quite awesome imho. However, I would recommend getting the 806 as it has 4 sided Ambilight. I made my 804 4 sided with 3 play bars at the bottom but its not as good as native.
So in theory the new Zidoo with chipset RTD1619DR should support DV with BD-MENU

·
Registered
LG 48 CX6LB - LG 42 LE8800 - Zidoo X9S - Minix Neo U1 - Xtreamer Elvira
8 Posts
Yes, that is correct. Just keep in mind that DV support for profile 7 means that BL + RPU is being used and the EL is discarded.
It would be usefull a comparison BL+EL+RPU vs BL+RPU (linke in this media player and in zidoo z9x I have wrote) so we could understand the video differences..anybody have ever done it?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yes, that is correct. Just keep in mind that DV support for profile 7 means that BL + RPU is being used and the EL is discarded.
Have a chance to test the Oppo 203 or all these clone Oppo?
If you have can please let know the picture quality comparison between the Zidoo Z9X,shield Pro and Dune.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #851 ·
I’d love to do that, really. But it’s just noon feasible for me to get those players just to test the PQ, sorry.
Having said that, I did test the Oppo 203 against the Zappiti player some years ago and it wasn’t what I call “reference”.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Can someone help me? I'd like to use two dune players connected to the same TV. The Dune D1 is more consistant with some of my videos, and use the HD Pro 4K II for streaming and UHD videos. Unfortunately, the remotes control both boxes - I have to unplug the device I don't want to use.

Is there anyway to "pair" the remotes, or is there a more elegant solution that unplugging? I went through the settings and didn't see anything.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I’d love to do that, really. But it’s just noon feasible for me to get those players just to test the PQ, sorry.
Having said that, I did test the Oppo 203 against the Zappiti player some years ago and it wasn’t what I call “reference”.
So you mean the Oppo 203 is not the reference UHD player that everyone is talking about.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
So you mean the Oppo 203 is not the reference UHD player that everyone is talking about.
Unpopular opinion, but yes.
They were when using VRS and Qdeo for processing, but this changed with the 20X series.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
They were when using VRS and Qdeo for processing, but this changed with the 20X series.
Definitely with you there - it wasn't that great 5 years ago but since then a lot has moved on - it's just a shame Oppo left the market.

On a slightly tangential conversation I do find it hilarious that a certain individual is now asking $1000 for a knobbled player with limited playback options, terrible interface and a 5 year old chipset.

Reactions: Sir Oled

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
In your opinion, what is the best/reference UHD player for full UHD ISOs (with menus) and 4K MKVs?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
In your opinion, what is the best/reference UHD player for full UHD ISOs (with menus) and 4K MKVs?
For 4K mkvs its an HTPC with madVR, there is nothing that can beat that. Just note that there is no DV support, but then again it already does great tonemapping.
For iso playback its a tough situation as there aren't many choices. Sadly Panasonic is out as they doen't support iso playback afaik, even with custom FW. So its basically Oppo and players based upon the same SoC (so same PQ shortcomings) with nearly perfect menu playback and media players auch as Zidoo and Dune with not perfect menu playback. The Realtek players are not reference when it comes to PQ, either.

At least the sub-optimal chroma upsampling of the Oppo can be solved (although at a rather high cost) with a madVR envy. They are able to perfectly undo the nearest neighbour upsampling and then apply their own. At least to their account, I didn't test it myself^^
There is some unrecoverable chroma blurring, which the are not able to fix, though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can someone help me? I'd like to use two dune players connected to the same TV. The Dune D1 is more consistant with some of my videos, and use the HD Pro 4K II for streaming and UHD videos. Unfortunately, the remotes control both boxes - I have to unplug the device I don't want to use.

Is there anyway to "pair" the remotes, or is there a more elegant solution that unplugging? I went through the settings and didn't see anything.

Thank you
I'm afraid the only solution is to use a seperate powerbox with ON/OFF switch. I have Solo Lite for DVD, and Pro 4K Plus II for Bluray ISO and MKV...a traditional remote will turn both devices ON/OFF...the Dune App however is only for Pro 4K Plus and in Standby Mode the Solo Lite does not (always) react on the Dune App. I will ask Dune if there is a solution to this problem...Maybe the difference in Bluetooth and IR Remote can bring a solution...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Great conversation @SledgeHammer and @markswift2003 this very informative because I almost pull the trigger on a Clone Oppo M9201 , I guess I am going just keep my Zidoo Z9X and Nvidia Shield Pro.

I think we need to temper this a bit and say that these shortcomings only really show themselves when you're scrutunising test patterns - in the real world, in all honesty, you're probably never going to notice.

That said, the cost of genuine second hand Oppos and the cost of clones is absolutely crazy and in my opinion if you buy the likes of a Dune of Zidoo you're getting a much more capable machine, with full file format support, a jukebox and at a fraction of the cost (depending on model).

You of course also get the support and development from reputable companies.

841 - 860 of 889 Posts