AVS Forum banner

6621 - 6640 of 6745 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
To be clear, the issues occur with blu-ray menu playback, not when playing by selecting the main movie only.

Will retry, John Wick (x3) on the Pro4k and the Z9s.
What about Thor Ragnarok on the Z9s ? Pauses at the seamless branching transitions (e.g. 4m 25s)

There are problematic Disney titles that have seamless branching issues with the Z9s, I’d need to review some to provide examples.
Yes, exactly. Full ISO, main title selected from menu.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes, exactly. Full ISO, main title selected from menu.
No, Play Menu selected.

I have retried John Wick#2 and John Wick #3 using directly attached storage (to eliminate any network issues).
I will retry John Wick#1 when I get time.

Z9s
John Wick #2 , play menu, the menu buttons aren’t even rendered, so impossible to select play.
John Wick #3 , play menu now plays OK with V2.3.10, looks like they fixed this one, but it always worked on the Pro 4K.

Dune Pro 4K
Plays both John Wick #2 &#3 from the menu, No issues.

Will report back on John Wick#1 and problematic Disney titles on both players.

e.g. UHD BD of Rogue One (Disney) pauses at the join 40 seconds in on the z9s

Using play blu-ray menu, the Z9s doesn’t render menu buttons on the first Of the John Wick trilogy, so, can’t start the movie. The Pro 4K correctly renders the menu.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How do you format the HDD via the Dune player? There is no option my mate could find. When hitting the Info button on the remote, it only shows the file syste, size and name of the HDD. There is no format button anywhere...
Thank you.
Now I have reformatted the drive and I choose Mac OS Journaled and now it works without the stutters.

For me exFAT is bad.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I sure hope so.

I tried to play a full ISO of Rambo: Last Blood on a DuneHD Solo last night and it froze immediately after the opening "Lionsgate" title introduction. The only way to clear the problem was to disconnect power from the DuneHD and reboot. The Rambo: Last Blood ISO would freeze and lock up the DuneHD Solo in the same spot every time. I re-ripped as an MKV and it worked without a problem.

Interestingly, the same ISO of Rambo: Last Blood would play without problem on my Zidoo X9S where the Zidoo navigated the obfuscated playlist without any problem. Go figure, the X9S is using the same RTD 1295 SoC as the DuneHD Pro 4K.
Checked the firmware history for the DuneHD Solo, seamless branching functionality was never added.

Try Venom UHD, if you have a copy, see if the Z9s plays the hidden track for the Spider-Man Trailer.
It plays on the Pro 4K. The Z9s skips it.

I don’t have a copy of Rambo : Last Blood but seamless branching is used to access Theatrical and Extended Cuts. The main movie itself probably comprises a single m2ts file so the Z9s will have no need to handle m2ts transitions.

Also, the John Wick movies comprise a single m2tS file, seamless branching isn’t used, so no issue for the Z9s.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay, I’ve owned a Dune for years. I have the Pro 4K and for the first time expanded to a new WD external (10TB) hard drive. I’ve done this several times before with other Dunes and zero issues with connecting the new WD to the Dune thru the PC.

Now, This new WD 10TB Hard drive will not connect with the Dune thru my PC. I’ve done ALL the correct WD file sharing, permissions, IP address, formatted NTFS etc, and the Pro 4K will not connect to the new WD hard drive thru the PC.

I have no idea what the issue is.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Okay, I’ve owned a Dune for years. I have the Pro 4K and for the first time expanded to a new WD external (10TB) hard drive. I’ve done this several times before with other Dunes and zero issues with connecting the new WD to the Dune thru the PC.

Now, This new WD 10TB Hard drive will not connect with the Dune thru my PC. I’ve done ALL the correct WD file sharing, permissions, IP address, formatted NTFS etc, and the Pro 4K will not connect to the new WD hard drive thru the PC.

I have no idea what the issue is.....any suggestions?
How did you connect it?
HDD --> PC --> Dune ??
What happens in the Dune settings?

·
Registered
189 Posts
How did you connect it?
HDD --> PC --> Dune ??
"I have no idea what the issue is.....any suggestions?"

You use SMB or NFS ? Windows 10 ?
If SMB try enabling SMB 1 in Windows 10.
You also need to create a new USER with password in Windows 10 and the same user-password on the Dune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought my 4k Pro 6-7 months ago and have lots of UHDs and I've seen what I'm about describe several times.
Watching UHDs on my LG OLED I get weird noise in dark scenes and I'm not talking about film grain or maybe it is a combination of film-grain and bad processing.

My question is – What or where would you rate or rank the Dune HD Pro's 4k picture quality?
Is there anything better?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought my 4k Pro 6-7 months ago and have lots of UHDs and I've seen what I'm about describe several times.
Watching UHDs on my LG OLED I get weird noise in dark scenes and I'm not talking about film grain or maybe it is a combination of film-grain and bad processing.

My question is – What or where would you rate or rank the Dune HD Pro's 4k picture quality?
I have the LG OLED C9 and the Dune HD Max 4K, and I've not noticed any noises in dark scenes. Depending on the source material I'd say the picture quality is nearly perfect.

Maybe you should try different cHDMI cables

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have the LG OLED C9 and the Dune HD Max 4K, and I've not noticed any noises in dark scenes. Depending on the source material I'd say the picture quality is nearly perfect.

Maybe you should try different cHDMI cables
It's definitely not the HDMI cable(s).
Maybe the MAX is not producing the same problem.
And it is not really noise but sparkling and it looks more like baked in metadata.
I've been having this problem only with Warner Bros UHDS in this case HARRY POTTER to be exact.
All the other UHDs look marvelous!

·
Registered
297 Posts
How did you connect it?
HDD --> PC --> Dune ??
HD Is connected to the PC via USB
Dune is connected to the AVR via HDMI Thru Ethernet (hard wired)
AVR to PJ

The only difference is that the HD is new. Could it be the difference in formatting?

I’m not sure what you mean bu “what happens in the Dune settings”?

·
Registered
160 Posts
AVR to PJ

The only difference is that the HD is new. Could it be the difference in formatting?

Bad writing from me. How do you set up your HD from the Dune interface? Do you go to SMB and so on? And you cant find it or it wont connect?

I connect my mac to the Dune with ethernet and the Dune to my AVR with HDMI.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AVR to PJ

Why don't you connect the HD directly to the Dune?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Why don't you connect the HD directly to the Dune?
This is the current method I have to use.

However, my set up has always been (HD connected directly to the PC) to accommodate direct download from PC, then play from Dune without having to move HD from PC to Dune all the time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bad writing from me. How do you set up your HD from the Dune interface? Do you go to SMB and so on? And you cant find it or it wont connect?

I connect my mac to the Dune with ethernet and the Dune to my AVR with HDMI.
Yes, my Dune is connected to PC (thru AVR via HDMI and Ethernet) and The Dune settings is set to SMB. Again, this has always worked and I’ve upgraded/replaced HD many times without issue. Now all other sudden there is no connection?

Could it be the formatting of the HD?

·
Registered
40 Posts
In PC settings make sure SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support is marked,as well as SMB client and server.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, my Dune is connected to PC (thru AVR via HDMI and Ethernet) and The Dune settings is set to SMB. Again, this has always worked and I’ve upgraded/replaced HD many times without issue. Now all other sudden there is no connection?

Could it be the formatting of the HD?
Do you have another HDD that you can connect at the same time? Check all settings and make sure it is identical to the one that works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I listen to a lot of music, and I realized this firmware is bad : 200331_2121_r13 All music stops and skips exactly on every 1 minute and 40 seconds to the next song. But yesterday i seen, new firmware came : 200415_0403_r13. This new firmware corrects this error, but my Dune has frozen twice since then. The music is playinig, and all of a sudden begins to breaking up and then completely frost. Only unplugging will help. Has anyone else encountered this?
Nobody?

Sent from my Galaxy A71

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes ,in previous firmware there was issue to play FLAC,it would stop after 1:30.
Latest firmware corrected that.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

6621 - 6640 of 6745 Posts