AVS Forum banner

6641 - 6660 of 6726 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Duh 😀😀 Just realized I can control the whole Dune interface by my android tablet with Dune
App – Man I was literally looking at a small 4k Tv just so I could access my music without
turning projector on- getting old is sad at times

·
Registered
277 Posts
In PC settings make sure SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support is marked,as well as SMB client and server.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Are these settings in the Dune or within the PC?

If PC, where are these located? If Dune, where are these settings//

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought Ultra HD a few months ago to play native DSD files, which are my own vinyl rips, made with a Korg Dac.
Unfortunately, since last june firmware, right and left channels are swapped, when played with HiFi Player. I really hope Dune can fix this, since audio quality is fine, both through RCA and XLR outputs. I've also tried to contact them a couple of months ago, through their website.
Ciao, paolo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are these settings in the Dune or within the PC?

If PC, where are these located? If Dune, where are these settings//
On your computer.

Open Control Panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Turn Windows features on or off link.

Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option.

Check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client option.

Click the OK button.

Click the Restart now button.

·
Registered
277 Posts
On your computer.

Open Control Panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Turn Windows features on or off link.

Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option.

Check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client option.

Click the OK button.

Click the Restart now button.

I followed these steps and still cannot get this new drive to connect. I’m baffled!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Do you have another HDD that you can connect at the same time? Check all settings and make sure it is identical to the one that works.
Pretoria, this was a great idea. The other HD works perfectly but the new one just does not connect. Blows me away. They are both western digital my book. No differences except the 1Tb vs 10TB.

I plugged both HD in the computer and made sure all permissions, IP address’, shared.....everything is the same. The new one will not connect. Both are NTFS and everything matches verbatim.

No EFFING clue why this new drive won’t connect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No idea.
Maybe you have to go to dune settings and see if something changed,openwrt.
On your computer go to
http://duneip:8080
All the settings for dune is there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi,

I have a big music collection on my HDD connected to Dune 4K.
In the past I used Dune Music Manager (DMM) : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/1487361-enjoy-your-music-dune-dune-music-manager-dmm.html

I have removed all DMM settings/files and just want each CD folder to display in a list the track names.

I can't remember the exact list command in dune_folder.txt which has the following commands :

*** NE PAS SUPPRIMER OU MODIFIER CETTE LIGNE - DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THIS LINE ***
background_order=before_all
background_path=background.jpg
use_icon_view=yes
icon_path=folder.jpg
icon_valign=center
num_cols=7
num_rows=3
media_action=browse
content_box_x=50
content_box_y=50
content_box_width=1820
content_box_height=980
content_box_padding_left=0
content_box_padding_right=0
content_box_padding_top=0
content_box_padding_bottom=0
icon_selection_box_width=254
icon_selection_box_height=350
paint_captions=no
paint_help_line=no
paint_path_box=no
paint_content_box_background=no
system_files=*.aai,*.jpg

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pretoria, this was a great idea. The other HD works perfectly but the new one just does not connect. Blows me away. They are both western digital my book. No differences except the 1Tb vs 10TB.

I plugged both HD in the computer and made sure all permissions, IP address’, shared.....everything is the same. The new one will not connect. Both are NTFS and everything matches verbatim.

No EFFING clue why this new drive won’t connect.
I feel you.
I have just bought another HDD with 8 TB. The older one with 1 TB worked better but this new one gets super miiiini framedrops.

Anyway, can you try connecting it with another cable? If you have USB 3 try USB 2.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I feel you.
I have just bought another HDD with 8 TB. The older one with 1 TB worked better but this new one gets super miiiini framedrops.

Anyway, can you try connecting it with another cable? If you have USB 3 try USB 2.
Thank you. Will try USB3 and/to USB2. Right now I am trying everything u can think of besides returning the HD back and trying a different one. I’m stumped

·
Registered
389 Posts
You're very welcome, and yes indeed, most definitely never too old to learn.

I've not tried adding to the menus - I have re-ordered them, but adding would be more than a quick and dirty hack like this.
Hey again Mark..
I am having a small problem once again with my yadis.. I have noticed the saga.png indicator image does not show up on the videowall after export. Would you know why this happens? It is present in the template xml and the images are in the template folders.
But i cannot get them to show up on export. I tried resetting the template,re-process the library, use a completely un-edited template,nothing seem to work..

Could it be because i use "use cases with movies" setting in yadis? If so,shouldnt a tweak of the saga.png position do it,and still be added to the layout on export?

Also, would you happen to know if i can change the TV layout from using banners to using posters like the movies? I am interested in knowing if this is an inherent function within Dune,or simply copying the movie layout in the template xml to the tv section of the xml template?

I am experimenting with the mark 4k 10x4 template.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hey again Mark..
I am having a small problem once again with my yadis.. I have noticed the saga.png indicator image does not show up on the videowall after export. Would you know why this happens? It is present in the template xml and the images are in the template folders.
But i cannot get them to show up on export. I tried resetting the template,re-process the library, use a completely un-edited template,nothing seem to work..

Could it be because i use "use cases with movies" setting in yadis? If so,shouldnt a tweak of the saga.png position do it,and still be added to the layout on export?

Also, would you happen to know if i can change the TV layout from using banners to using posters like the movies? I am interested in knowing if this is an inherent function within Dune,or simply copying the movie layout in the template xml to the tv section of the xml template?

I am experimenting with the mark 4k 10x4 template.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Now you've got me thinking! I haven't touch yaDis in quite a while...

So, am I correct in thinking "saga.png" should sit on top of the poster on the poster wall?

Have you tried positioning at something like x=12 and y=12 - kind of top left?

In the 10x4 template, saga.png is positioned 50px below the poster since the poster is only 235px high

grid_saga.png

The tv side always seemed half baked to me so I never used it, but it should be possible to change to posters because the TV bits are defined by rather than

It's certainly not something set by the Dune since yaDis defines the layout fully (within the constraints of the skin schema).

Definitely worth playing with I'd say...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Now you've got me thinking! I haven't touch yaDis in quite a while...

So, am I correct in thinking "saga.png" should sit on top of the poster on the poster wall?

Have you tried positioning at something like x=12 and y=12 - kind of top left?

In the 10x4 template, saga.png is positioned 50px below the poster since the poster is only 235px high

grid_saga.png

The tv side always seemed half baked to me so I never used it, but it should be possible to change to posters because the TV bits are defined by rather than

It's certainly not something set by the Dune since yaDis defines the layout fully (within the constraints of the skin schema).

Definitely worth playing with I'd say...
OK, changing the position to 12/12 definitly put the saga icon on the poster.. Thank you SO much.. Just gotta find the right placement then ;.-)

Regarding TV,i tried changing the banner to poster and changed the dimensions to match the movie images,and yadis then scrapes tv posters,not banners fine,but loading the image does nothing,which has me believing something is blocking the placement.. For the poster to work,i need to move the episode snapshot image,but i cant find the code to do that.

Reactions: markswift2003
6641 - 6660 of 6726 Posts