AVS Forum banner

6661 - 6680 of 6745 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
OK, changing the position to 12/12 definitly put the saga icon on the poster.. Thank you SO much.. Just gotta find the right placement then ;.-)

Regarding TV,i tried changing the banner to poster and changed the dimensions to match the movie images,and yadis then scrapes tv posters,not banners fine,but loading the image does nothing,which has me believing something is blocking the placement.. For the poster to work,i need to move the episode snapshot image,but i cant find the code to do that.
I'm shooting in the dark a bit as I don't have tv series on yaDis, but I think that's defined in

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm shooting in the dark a bit as I don't have tv series on yaDis, but I think that's defined in
I got it,had to move placement several places.. Only thing i cannot get working is the case overlay.. I dont think this is supported on the tv side,at least i cannot figure out how to do that.. If i add the code exactly like the movie one,i can in yadis chose the correct case be it Bluray,DVD,4K and so on,but this option isnt available in the tv section,which leaves me to believe it will never work.. Even if yadis correctly scans the media and add the tech specs to the tv layout,it doesnt automatically chose a case that corresponds to the media type on export.

It is just the final little bit of tweaking i would like,but no biggie.. Getting posters instead of those horrendous banners is awesome though.. Also makes it easier for me to add TV bonus material.. I got a LOT of tv shows,so now i can join my 2 seperate jukeboxes into 1 giant one :).

Now comes the fun part,seing if it actually works on my Dune :-D

Thank you once more Mark.. Have a good weekend

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I got it,had to move placement several places.. Only thing i cannot get working is the case overlay.. I dont think this is supported on the tv side,at least i cannot figure out how to do that.. If i add the code exactly like the movie one,i can in yadis chose the correct case be it Bluray,DVD,4K and so on,but this option isnt available in the tv section,which leaves me to believe it will never work.. Even if yadis correctly scans the media and add the tech specs to the tv layout,it doesnt automatically chose a case that corresponds to the media type on export.

It is just the final little bit of tweaking i would like,but no biggie.. Getting posters instead of those horrendous banners is awesome though.. Also makes it easier for me to add TV bonus material.. I got a LOT of tv shows,so now i can join my 2 seperate jukeboxes into 1 giant one :).

Now comes the fun part,seing if it actually works on my Dune :-D

Thank you once more Mark.. Have a good weekend
That's awesome - glad you got it working - stay safe

Mark

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's awesome - glad you got it working - stay safe

Mark
Does your Yadis scrape images ok these days? I think one of the scraper sites changed API again so all my scrapes are generic placeholders and empty.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Does your Yadis scrape images ok these days? I think one of the scraper sites changed API again so all my scrapes are generic placeholders and empty.
Yes - I tried it just now with a new movie and it works fine.

I don't use it for TV though, and I've seen quite a few posts of people having issue with TV scraping recently.

One thing I always liked about yaDis is that if, as is inevitable, APIs change and it no longer works, it can at least be updated manually - but only in the case of movies. I always thought the TV side of yaDis was a bit of an afterthought.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes - I tried it just now with a new movie and it works fine.

I don't use it for TV though, and I've seen quite a few posts of people having issue with TV scraping recently.

One thing I always liked about yaDis is that if, as is inevitable, APIs change and it no longer works, it can at least be updated manually - but only in the case of movies. I always thought the TV side of yaDis was a bit of an afterthought.
Yeah,however manually updating 3000+ titles is gonna take years if i lose the workspace folder :-D.. But since development stopped,it will only be a matter of time before scraping is gone for good.. Just wanted to know if others experience problems,which it seems Alex also does..

Gonna back up my workspace to a cloud service so i will always have the work i already done safe and sound..

Anyways, i got everything working perfectly now thx to you,so thank you :)..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nearly a month sine a comment on here and no firmware of any real note for a long time.

My box is now on eBay as I sadly leave Dune behind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nearly a month sine a comment on here and no firmware of any real note for a long time.

What and for what functions do you want firmware?

Gesendet von meinem EVR-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts

Is it not working?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What and for what functions do you want firmware?

I got this player shortly after launch in April 2018. It was a beta product then and IMHO still is.

There are still issues many issues that don't seem will ever be fixed such as.

Rewind and fast forward in full BD mode are just about unusable.
I find that if I skip forward in a BD subtitles inexplicably start - that repeatedly need to be turned off.
Unless its fixed there was no way to sync audio or subtitles
MyCollection is a joke - and has not been updated for years

On top of that it appears any real support for this box has gone as the focus has moved to new products. This hurts most as Dune were always great at supporting players years after release.

I will of course keep my eye on new stuff from Dune but I am getting more enjoyment from my Zidoo Z9S. It has its share of issues but Zidoo continue to work on solutions and add new features - as well as focus on upcoming players.

Reactions: xiaNaix

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Is it not working?
Oh its working but I don't think it will ever improve from where it is. I have too many media players anyway! Zidoo Z9S has had some recent updates that have fixed a few niggling issues and its real time media wall had a major upgrade. I don't feel I need to need to have both players anymore.

Reactions: Pretorian

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got this player shortly after launch in April 2018. It was a beta product then and IMHO still is.

There are still issues many issues that don't seem will ever be fixed such as.

Rewind and fast forward in full BD mode are just about unusable.
I find that if I skip forward in a BD subtitles inexplicably start - that repeatedly need to be turned off.
Unless its fixed there was no way to sync audio or subtitles
MyCollection is a joke - and has not been updated for years

On top of that it appears any real support for this box has gone as the focus has moved to new products. This hurts most as Dune were always great at supporting players years after release.

I will of course keep my eye on new stuff from Dune but I am getting more enjoyment from my Zidoo Z9S. It has its share of issues but Zidoo continue to work on solutions and add new features - as well as focus on upcoming players.
Why rewind a movie? There is a digital unit where you can rewind in percentage.

I have Zidoo, this is not a player, this is a phone))).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Why rewind a movie? There is a digital unit where you can rewind in percentage.

I have Zidoo, this is not a player, this is a phone))).
I often rewind or fast forward within a movie. If I miss something I amy want to go back a few seconds - and its a real pain with the Dune in full BD mode.

Zidoo Z9S is a phone? Mmm

Reactions: fatherom

·
Registered
76 Posts
What are those exactly that you're not so satisfied with Zidoo? I've read some issues with OMV+Torrenting functionality, but what else?

BTW, the new Dune's had a much better start than the last Gen, at least according that still only one (somewhat) serious review can be found yet. But still many mayor points remained unanswered, that takes to call it a good media player.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I often rewind or fast forward within a movie. If I miss something I amy want to go back a few seconds - and its a real pain with the Dune in full BD mode.

Zidoo Z9S is a phone? Mmm
If I watch a movie, I don’t rewind it. Especially bd. Because I just watch it, not play. And to shift personal problems to a company (not one of the latter) is not good! And Zidoo has an old phone in its interface))).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What are those exactly that you're not so satisfied with Zidoo? I've read some issues with OMV+Torrenting functionality, but what else?

BTW, the new Dune's had a much better start than the last Gen, at least according that still only one (somewhat) serious review can be found yet. But still many mayor points remained unanswered, that takes to call it a good media player.
Not so much now after recent updates. I'm a sucker for full menu BD's - I know a lot don't care. The Z9S strugglesd with some and won't get to menu. It's improved but could do with more tweaking. The movie wall has come a long way - but again it still has some kinks to work out,

But overall, as a media player for your own stored media it is great.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If I watch a movie, I don’t rewind it. Especially bd. Because I just watch it, not play. And to shift personal problems to a company (not one of the latter) is not good! And Zidoo has an old phone in its interface))).

Huh?

Are you for real? Personal problems onto a company because you can't rw/ff for **** on the Dune? What?

Also I don't buy these type of boxes for Android apps as the implementation sucks. For streaming apps I have an ATV and Nvidia Shield.

·
Registered
409 Posts

At one point nearly a year went by for an update for the D1

6661 - 6680 of 6745 Posts