·
Registered
408 Posts
I was really hoping for SACD 5.1 capability but that's never coming

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
At one point nearly a year went by for an update for the D1
But how mature was the player at that point? I had a D1 and it was pretty much flawless for what it did. This player was pretty flawed on release and has struggled to sort out it's issues. Some good things were added like full menu support for UHD - but that was a long time ago. Other issues remain.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nearly a month sine a comment on here and no firmware of any real note for a long time.

My box is now on eBay as I sadly leave Dune behind.
Looking forward to seeing what you get for it... I might follow suit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have had the Dune Hd for a long time but still feel lika a noob.

Can I order or watch my library in a better and more ”fun” way then I am currently doing?

I just start the player and go to favorites. There I have this loooong list of movies. Can I change this list somehow?

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just recently started to have a problem with my multichannel SACD rips and Dune. When I go to play a song, it plays a few seconds, and then skips to the next song. All of my music is ripped to flacs, and are on USB external HDDs connected directly to the Dune HD Pro 4k box. Has anyone eles had this problem, and is there a fix for this?

Last night when I had the problem I rolled back the firmware to the latest Beta, and the problem was still there...about an hour ago I tried again and it is playing fine. No idea what changed as the box had been rebooted several times, and rebooted when the firmware was changed. The only thing I did was turn it off for the night, and when the problem started it was just turned on after being off all day.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just recently started to have a problem with my multichannel SACD rips and Dune. When I go to play a song, it plays a few seconds, and then skips to the next song. All of my music is ripped to flacs, and are on USB external HDDs connected directly to the Dune HD Pro 4k box. Has anyone eles had this problem, and is there a fix for this?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
latest fw has fixed that problem..
i emailed them n they said they had known the issue

i have got netflix issues..
although we closed all other netflix accounts on different devices, i cant watch netflix on pro 4k.
it says "online content is not available now try later"
reinstall old fws but nothing has changed..

any problems?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nearly a month sine a comment on here and no firmware of any real note for a long time.

My box is now on eBay as I sadly leave Dune behind.

The firmware development can probably not be described as such. I am very disappointed in the company, no comparison to the earlier times, when the D1 (B1,H1) became an almost perfect machine.
I have 2 more Zidoo Z9S in use and I am very enthusiastic about the handling. The new Home Theater offers everything I could wish for.
I do not want to become a Dune Basher here, I was over many years an enthusiastic fan of the Dune devices.

What I would like to know: What are the advantages of the Dune HD Pro 4k compared to the Zidoo Z9S? I am not talking about the characteristics, which are written on the paper, but which are noticeable during the daily use.
For example I know, that the Zidoo can only play a few UHD-Isos with menu, at this point the Dune is clearly better.

Are there further points?

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The firmware development can probably not be described as such. I am very disappointed in the company, no comparison to the earlier times, when the D1 (B1,H1) became an almost perfect machine.
I have 2 more Zidoo Z9S in use and I am very enthusiastic about the handling. The new Home Theater offers everything I could wish for.
I do not want to become a Dune Basher here, I was over many years an enthusiastic fan of the Dune devices.

What I would like to know: What are the advantages of the Dune HD Pro 4k compared to the Zidoo Z9S? I am not talking about the characteristics, which are written on the paper, but which are noticeable during the daily use.
For example I know, that the Zidoo can only play a few UHD-Isos with menu, at this point the Dune is clearly better.

If you use a display with infinite contrast (OLED) the SDR to HDR conversion is really good. I could not live without.

On projector other than the 400K Christie Eclipse, unable to display properly HDR material anyway, it's probably not useful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi guys,

good day to you all, i have a question to ask...is Dune HD Pro 4K support 16TB hard drive? if yes, i will buy a new 16TB hard drive to stock all my collection.
looking forward to your reply and advise soon.
thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Thats not my exprerience with the Z9S. I have had zero issues playing UHD iso's or from BDMV. I do see occasional menu screens presented in SDR not HDR. However I do have problems with a few standard BD menus - but not that many.

Admittedly the Dune is just about flawless in this respect.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi guys,

good day to you all, i have a question to ask...is Dune HD Pro 4K support 16TB hard drive? if yes, i will buy a new 16TB hard drive to stock all my collection.
thank you so much.
It should be ok.
I use 8TB with no problems.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Didn't Dune originally promise SACD iso over NAS ? I just installed the latest firmware that brought the player backwards, not thrilled will this player

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi guys,

thank you so much.
once i asked that dune support..they wrote "there is no limit"

6681 - 6700 of 6720 Posts