AVS Forum banner

6701 - 6720 of 6720 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hope someone can help me with a Dune setting. I've just upgraded to the Dune HD Pro 4K Plus and so far UHD movies play fine but the menus within the Dune are all blue including the movie wall. I think I have one of the UHD options set incorrectly. Does anyone know what I need to change?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have several 5.1 .DSF files and they all play perfectly in multiichannel mode. .DFF and .iso will not play 5.1 sources,.

I'm playing SACD's ISO's over the network, it's no longer listed as being supported

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anyone have problems with unit freezing on prolonged standby? Whenever i upgrade to the latest 2 stable firmwares, and i use software standby,the unit freezes and has to be power switched cycled to boot again.

Had to go back to the 190412_0054_r13 to get it working properly.. I havent tried any of the betas other than 0054 as i knew this was the most stable for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anyone have problems with unit freezing on prolonged standby? Whenever i upgrade to the latest 2 stable firmwares, and i use software standby,the unit freezes and has to be power switched cycled to boot again.

Had to go back to the 190412_0054_r13 to get it working properly.. I havent tried any of the betas other than 0054 as i knew this was the most stable for me.
I am using the latest dune_firmware_tv292a_200415_0403_r13 beta. No freezing in standby.
I just found out that I can access the Dune over the network and copy/delete files while in standby.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am using the latest dune_firmware_tv292a_200415_0403_r13 beta. No freezing in standby.
I just found out that I can access the Dune over the network and copy/delete files while in standby.
Even after an overnight software standby? Do you use screensaver? I have the screensaver come on after 3 mins of inactivity,maybe that is why i experience it?

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
I turn mine off after every use with the power button. It turns on fine after 24 hours, or 3 days. I always do a full reboot before I use it though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Even after an overnight software standby? Do you use screensaver? I have the screensaver come on after 3 mins of inactivity,maybe that is why i experience it?
I never let my home cinema system ON for the night.
After a night on, your Dune (and TV) are overheating and may get damaged.
I "shut down" Dune, TV, receiver to sleep mode.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I never let my home cinema system ON for the night.
After a night on, your Dune (and TV) are overheating and may get damaged.
I "shut down" Dune, TV, receiver to sleep mode.
Yeah,like i do, software standby it is called in the dune. But the unit can freeze after only an hour of idle time i find.. I dont leave it on overnight,but i dont turn it off at the power button as then it cant be turned on by the bluetooth remote i use.

·
Registered
330 Posts
While mine does not freeze after prolonged standby it loses the network connection after a few days and requires a reboot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here the same...
Stupid Russian T21 design!
The T21 is a tank and was used at the 2WW (and afterwards in the communist countries).
Before writing nonsense,do your homework, perhaps you should educate yourself in history.I can see hate in your comment towards Russians.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi-
I'm at the point of replacing my 2011 HD Smart Player.

I really like the fact that my old Smart Player has a very simple interface for browsing my NAS, setting favorite folders, and allowing me to install things like Zappiti. In fact the only thing that I do not like is that there is no pass-through, source direct mode. So, basically I'm looking for a player that is as simple to use as my Smart Player, but supports 4K and allows me to stream videos without any scaling.

Is the Dune HD Pro 4K a good replacement player? Or, if anybody knows, should I get the Zappiti instead? Or is there another player I should investigate?

Also, when I go to the official Dune site, all their players are sold out. Seems like a bad sign....

I will greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hi-
I'm at the point of replacing my 2011 HD Smart Player.

I really like the fact that my old Smart Player has a very simple interface for browsing my NAS, setting favorite folders, and allowing me to install things like Zappiti. In fact the only thing that I do not like is that there is no pass-through, source direct mode. So, basically I'm looking for a player that is as simple to use as my Smart Player, but supports 4K and allows me to stream videos without any scaling.

Is the Dune HD Pro 4K a good replacement player? Or, if anybody knows, should I get the Zappiti instead? Or is there another player I should investigate?

Also, when I go to the official Dune site, all their players are sold out. Seems like a bad sign....

I will greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance.
There is a new model that just released last week.

https://www.dune-hd.com/collections/frontpage/products/dune-hd-pro-4k-ii

Thread here at AVS...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/3139662-dune-hd-pro-4k-ii-rtd1619-thread.html#/topics/3139662?page=13

·
Registered
389 Posts
Do we think dune will ever fix the problems on this unit, or have they moved on to the next model?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Everything on my 4K pro working fine since day 1.
So your unit fast forward without blowing out your speakers?
Does time search work when playing full blurays? Does it properly play 23,976?
If so, congratulations, your unit is special.

6701 - 6720 of 6720 Posts