Registered
17 Posts
New Firmware Version "200810_1513_r13

Changes since 200415_0403_r13:
This verison is a small update which adds front panel display brightness
control and minor fixes.

- New feature: Realtek models: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness"
setting which allows choosing the desired brightness of the front panel
display, or switch off the display completely.
- NOTE: This setting takes effect only after the player starts.

- Improvement: Ultra 4K, Max 4K, Pro 4K Plus models: The default brightness
of the front panel display is optimized.

- Bugfix: Ultra 4K, Max 4K models: Updated firmware for the XMOS audio
processor (installed into XMOS audio processor automatically on the first
boot of the new firmware of the media player). Optimized DSD playback
(fixes the problem with reversed left and right DSD channels). Optimized
overall audio quality (fixes audio irregularites rarely occuring in
specific cases).

- Bugfix: Improved stability of firmware updates downloading in case of
problems with Internet connection.

- Minor other fixes and improvements.

·
Registered
189 Posts
New Firmware Version "200810_1513_r13

Changes since 200415_0403_r13:
This verison is a small update which adds front panel display brightness
control and minor fixes.

- New feature: Realtek models: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness"
setting which allows choosing the desired brightness of the front panel
display, or switch off the display completely.
- NOTE: This setting takes effect only after the player starts.

- Improvement: Ultra 4K, Max 4K, Pro 4K Plus models: The default brightness
of the front panel display is optimized.

- Bugfix: Ultra 4K, Max 4K models: Updated firmware for the XMOS audio
processor (installed into XMOS audio processor automatically on the first
boot of the new firmware of the media player). Optimized DSD playback
(fixes the problem with reversed left and right DSD channels). Optimized
overall audio quality (fixes audio irregularites rarely occuring in
specific cases).

- Bugfix: Improved stability of firmware updates downloading in case of
problems with Internet connection.

- Minor other fixes and improvements.

My Dune 4K Pro can't download the new update. Displays an error.

·
Registered
189 Posts
What error?
How do you try to install, directly downloading on the Dune or USB? If it’s the first one, I suggest you try via USB.
I get a notice of new firmware. I ok the download which start and then I get an error of unable to download and the screen closes.
It happened twice already.
I will wait as there is no rush and no big changes.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,725

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have problems playing this really high bitrate demo I got from Celebrating 5 Years and Dolby Cinema
It is around 105 Mbit and the sound goes on/off and the video stutters.
I have my external HDD connected to my Mac and from that a LAN cable to my Dune HD Pro.

Is the file/bitrate/quality too large for the Dune or could it be something else?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok that sounds fair. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,731
Ok that sounds fair. Thanks.
It also stutters on the Z9X. Super weird video anyway: they talk about DV and its increased black and brightness but the video is in SDR with unnecessary high bitrate inside AVC.
Its a good example how to not do a promo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have problems playing this really high bitrate demo I got from Celebrating 5 Years and Dolby Cinema
It is around 105 Mbit and the sound goes on/off and the video stutters.
I have my external HDD connected to my Mac and from that a LAN cable to my Dune HD Pro.

Is the file/bitrate/quality too large for the Dune or could it be something else?
You are referring to 'Universe (Nature's Fury)' ? The video stutters on my Dune as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You are referring to 'Universe (Nature's Fury)' ? The video stutters on my Dune as well.
Ok, thanks for the info! Then I will not try to look for a "fault" in my chain (cables, computer, HDD)...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can't seem to get audio when I play a movie encoded with FLAC 2.0 on my Dune HD Pro 4K. I tried both original bitstream and PCM output settings. Neither seem to work. Does FLAC work for others? Do I need to (re)-configure some setting?

I figured it out, I changed the audio settings for Playback->Preferences from internal to external.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Whirlpool0548 said:
I have used the Pro 4K to power external USB drives, not the one you mention, but it should be fine.
Thanks. Ordered the [Western Digital My Passport] drive (5TB).
In case @alex5723 is still around - how did this work out for you?

I'm beginning to despair that Dune will never release a "Dune HD Pro II Plus" model with a built-in 3.5" disk bay, but recently I've been enlightened to discover these high-capacity 2.5" external small-footprint bus-powered USB drives like the WD My Passport 5 TB.

I just bought a My Passport for Mac 5 TB and it's small and works perfectly as a Time Machine volume. Seems like the perfect companion drive for a Dune HD Pro 4K II (or an HD Ultra 4K if you don't want to use an internal 3.5" drive) .

·
Registered
189 Posts
In case @alex5723 is still around - how did this work out for you?

I'm beginning to despair that Dune will never release a "Dune HD Pro II Plus" model with a built-in 3.5" disk bay, but recently I've been enlightened to discover these high-capacity 2.5" external small-footprint bus-powered USB drives like the WD My Passport 5 TB.

I just bought a My Passport for Mac 5 TB and it's small and works perfectly as a Time Machine volume. Seems like the perfect companion drive for a Dune HD Pro 4K II (or an HD Ultra 4K if you don't want to use an internal 3.5" drive) .
My WD My Passport 5TB connected to the Dune works perfectly. I copy files to the WD over local network in 1Tb speed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
...wait, what? 1 TB Network speed? How id you accomplish that?
Must be some serious Hardware you are running there.
Heiliger Strohsack!o_O
The Dune 4K Pro support 1Tb speed. The Dune is connected to a small (5 ports) network hub which is connected to a 1Tb fiber optic router connected my Y530.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The Dune 4K Pro support 1Tb speed. The Dune is connected to a small (5 ports) network hub which is connected to a 1Tb fiber optic router connected my Y530.
10 Gb fiber optic router, maybe......and I'm pretty sure the Dune 4k pro only supports gigabit speed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think you got something wrong. No consumer network devices operate at tb speeds. The Dune is gigabit, and the fastest router operates at 12 gigabits so you got something mixed up. And even if a device claims gigabit speeds, it is far from certain it can actually deliver that speed.

6721 - 6740 of 6745 Posts