AVS Forum banner

6741 - 6754 of 6754 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Lol, I have been experimenting with 10 Gbps in my Computer Lab, and this was over Fiber.
(Experimental, before I implement it I will have to save up some money for the Switches.)
Not even NASA has a TB/s Network speed.
You probably gotten some Numbers wrong there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think you got something wrong. No consumer network devices operate at tb speeds. The Dune is gigabit, and the fastest router operates at 12 gigabits so you got something mixed up. And even if a device claims gigabit speeds, it is far from certain it can actually deliver that speed.
My bad. Meant 1Gb :-(

·
Registered
548 Posts
I realize that this may be off topic, but I am considering getting a Dune HD SmartBox 4K for my office system. Does that basic player have any major limitation that might be a deal breaker? All I want is a Dune player to play my movies and music in my office, and hopefully be able to use Yadis.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I realize that this may be off topic, but I am considering getting a Dune HD SmartBox 4K for my office system. Does that basic player have any major limitation that might be a deal breaker? All I want is a Dune player to play my movies and music in my office, and hopefully be able to use Yadis.
According to specifications Dune HD SmartBox 4K the Dune SmartBox 4K will play movies, music... and support Yadis.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Version "200914_1539_r13"

- "Community" section in Dune Store ("Dune HD applications / Add..." menu),
which provides access to applications and plugins developed by the
community of users of Dune HD media players: changed the rules of showing
this section in the menu in order to better match the currently available
set of community plugins. This section is now shown in all CIS countries
or when Russian UI language is used.

- Minor changes in the list of preinstalled applications.

- Minor other fixes and improvements.

- Also includes the following changes (previously added in 200810_1513_r13
firmware version for some models).

- New feature: Realtek models: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness"
setting which allows choosing the desired brightness of the front panel
display, or switch off the display completely.
- NOTE: This setting takes effect only after the player starts.

- Bugfix: Improved stability of firmware updates downloading in case of
problems with Internet connection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else have problems making a wifi connection? Havent had internet on this device in a long time because it doesnt even let me try to set it up. It doesnt even look for access points.

So annoying and weird. I have the latest beta firmware.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I just stumbled upon an alternative to Dune player that plays EVERYTHING i can throw at it, including all the old file formats like wmv, flash, etc.

There is ONLY 1 thing it can't play, and that's ISO files for bluray, 3D, etc. If I want to play ISO 3D bluray, I still use my dune, but everything else i now use this new thing i found..

And it's the Xiaomi Mi Box S. This thing cost only USD 50 or so, comes with android TV, and you just install Kodi on it... then use Kodi to play EVERYTHING. It's super fast (even faster than my Dune when playing movies). And it doesn't hang or have any hiccups that my Dune sometimes do. And i believe none of that skipping of frames issues.

I was actually using Xiomi to stream my Netflix and watch Youtube, never realising that it has a USB port. But once I did, I installed Kodi and tried it out... that's how i stumbled upon this.

·
Registered
191 Posts
..."and you just install Kodi on it... then use Kodi to play EVERYTHING. "

I use Kodi with my Dune and it plays everything too.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
..."and you just install Kodi on it... then use Kodi to play EVERYTHING. "

I use Kodi with my Dune and it plays everything too.
Ah, good. I didn't know how to do that. I suppose it would be the same. But does it have that issue with the skipping frames? Anyways, I knew how to do it on the Xiaomi because its basically an android TV os that allowed me to just click to install kodi.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Anyone knows how to or which player can downscale a 4k movie or tv show into regular 1080p without losing colors?

My xiomi player, I can actually set the 'display device' to 1080 and it'll down scale my 4k source into 1080p but then it loses colors.

The reason i want to do this is so i can watch movies and tv shows that are 4K in 3D. my projector can only convert 1080p into 3D but not 4K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I have just purchased a Dune 4K Ultra because of the HDMI Audio-only port. I am using an Arcam AV960 Pre with Linn Klimax Amps and I don’t want to change my setup. Because the Arcam is not able to forward 4K-Signals, the Dune Ultra was the solution for me.
- But it is impossible to get a clear sound without stuttering out of the HDMI Audio-only port :-(. Every second, there is a stutter. Doesn’t matter if it’s a HD, 4K movie or a FLAC. I am completely lost and frustrated,

Does somebody have the same issues resp. know a solution for it? I can’t believe that the -so called- “flagship” is not able to play what is has been designed for.
Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi all,
I have just purchased a Dune 4K Ultra because of the HDMI Audio-only port. I am using an Arcam AV960 Pre with Linn Klimax Amps and I don’t want to change my setup. Because the Arcam is not able to forward 4K-Signals, the Dune Ultra was the solution for me.
- But it is impossible to get a clear sound without stuttering out of the HDMI Audio-only port :-(. Every second, there is a stutter. Doesn’t matter if it’s a HD, 4K movie or a FLAC. I am completely lost and frustrated,

Does somebody have the same issues resp. know a solution for it? I can’t believe that the -so called- “flagship” is not able to play what is has been designed for.
Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
You have tried a different hdmi cable, right? Updated the firmware?..

6741 - 6754 of 6754 Posts