AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 6720 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Anyone know if Mike will be carrying the new models?
I emailed them when the new players were announced a while back and never heard back from him. Unfortunate because he's the only US retailer. Wish there were another option for us!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
But no mentioning of the RTD1296 Pro Ultra... ?
I dont think its ready yet. The Zidoo X20 which looks to be the same as the Dune Ultra was supposed to launch in November then in December. But no launch yet. I am guessing its not ready yet or they hit a snag.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Reactions: blenky

·
Registered
432 Posts
I dont think its ready yet. The Zidoo X20 which looks to be the same as the Dune Ultra was supposed to launch in November then in December. But no launch yet. I am guessing its not ready yet or they hit a snag.
PRO Ultra will come later, not sure if in Q1. Audio part is complex and requires more work and intergration than was expected. This is also why X20 is delayed. Dune has some expiriences with premium audio part, after Duo4k. Zidoo has not.
"The Zidoo X20 which looks to be the same as the Dune Ultra " - it is not the truth anymore. Dune removed all the pictures, it was not right. Final design is not ready.

When you will buy first devices you will not get final product in terms of firmware. Developement of video player apps will take some time. Dune works on that, and does low-level programming with assists from Amlogic and Realtek. The functionality will be limited at the begining. So probably also first reviews will not be best. It is always hard decsion for vendor, when product is good enough for release. Till now it was rather problem of CM with their firmware for popcornhours. So videoplayback part requires lot of development at new platforms. But rest of the Dune system, including MyCollection and its integration with new services (as Netflix), suport for TVseries etc, shall be complete, wider than now (I think that improvements wll be released also for sigma models but bit later).
We all know current and past Dune models, and we expect newt will work same and even better, that we will get more features. So we have high expectations. Thats fine, but it will take some time, and Dune will keep providing improvements for longer time.

Reactions: a5ian300zx

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
PRO Ultra will come later, not sure if in Q1. Audio part is complex and requires more work and intergration than was expected. This is also why X20 is delayed. Dune has some expiriences with premium audio part, after Duo4k. Zidoo has not.
"The Zidoo X20 which looks to be the same as the Dune Ultra " - it is not the truth anymore. Dune removed all the pictures, it was not right. Final design is not ready.
I thought they were being made by the same OEM provider did that change? OEM provider would be the one getting initial hardware working. It sounded like zidoo and Dune were just supplying middleware for the OEM.

Also what is not right? They took the zidoo pictures and photoshopped them? Or the OEM provider gave them the pictures?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I thought they were being made by the same OEM provider did that change? OEM provider would be the one getting initial hardware working. It sounded like zidoo and Dune were just supplying middleware for the OEM.
Also what is not right? They took the zidoo pictures and photoshopped them? Or the OEM provider gave them the pictures?

Hard to say. You ask about very internal thinks. Maybe it was very initial idea to use same casing. Maybe it was same casing designer/factory who provide initial idea.

Dune is involved in design of audio part of his PRO Ultra. We will not know if they do that by external company or themselves etc. Manufacture will follow the project and design. Manufacture must have knowledge and experience with media players, with chipset as RTD and Amlogic. There is not a lot of them. Dune choose mature partners. And does not order OEM solutions, as they have own unique requirements. Sometimes it will be small updates, sometimes bigger. Advanced audio part for PRO Ultra is something new for manufactures, they cannot support a lot.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's a pitty that the Dune 4k pro doesn't have a rack for hdd.

Otherwise I would consider returning my zappity 4k hdr.

Without testing (obviously) Do you thin PQ in the Dune will be better.. they normally give excellent pQ quality.

ahhrghh doubts doubts

·
Registered
910 Posts
It's a pitty that the Dune 4k pro doesn't have a rack for hdd.
If there were 40TB harddisk for sale i would agree with you.
What use is a hddrack in a player like this anyway... just get yourself a decent NAS.

Reactions: silver-eye

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anyone know if Mike will be carrying the new models?
Mail from Mike 12.29.2017
"
Hello, We have them on order and I am waiting for shipping confirmation. Thanks, Mike
On Dec 29, 2017, at 10:01 AM, General wrote: Comment: Hallo. When did the launch of Dune HD Pro 4K start in America? Thank you.​

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Any recommendendation for an European dealer?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any recommendendation for an European dealer?
itdlplus-multimedia.de/epages/83495051.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/83495051/Categories/Multimediaplayer/Dune_HD&Locale=de_DE

Delivery to any country

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mail from Mike 12.29.2017
"
Hello, We have them on order and I am waiting for shipping confirmation. Thanks, Mike
On Dec 29, 2017, at 10:01 AM, General wrote: Comment: Hallo. When did the launch of Dune HD Pro 4K start in America? Thank you.​
That's good news. Strange he doesn't reply to everyone...especially former customers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I emailed them when the new players were announced a while back and never heard back from him. Unfortunate because he's the only US retailer. Wish there were another option for us!
Mike the only US dealer is giving Dune a bad name with his lack of communication,ignored e mails and terrible customer service IMO..... :frown:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mike the only US dealer is giving Dune a bad name with his lack of communication,ignored e mails and terrible customer service IMO..... :frown:
Absolutely agree. I've sent numerous emails the past 3 years and never got one reply. I will say though, he did call me after I made the pre-order for the Solo 4K to explain it wouldn't have ZWave as advertised.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Almost bought the Solo 4k,glad i didnt as the pro 4k looks really inticing..

Am i correct in understanding that full bluray menu support is NOT supported at launch? Also does it do 3D MVC in MKV? Which remote will it be using IR or RF? Will it be a new more responsive one with backlighting compared to older Dunes?

Also, can it do passthrough of atmos/dts:x to my marantz?

Only reason i still use my PCH a-210 they have the single best remote in the business

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
itdlplus-multimedia.de/epages/83495051.mobile/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/83495051/Categories/Multimediaplayer/Dune_HD&Locale=de_DE

Delivery to any country
Thanks for the link! Ordered, and very quick answer with an invoice. As somebody else mentioned here, the web pages says delivery in mid january 2018 so I just wait and see. I guess they'll try to get the new units as soon as possible, so if I have to wait I'm Ok with that.

I currently have a Dune HD Solo 4K that is working great, but I like some of the new features of the HD Pro 4K.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thanks for the link! Ordered, and very quick answer with an invoice. As somebody else mentioned here, the web pages says delivery in mid january 2018 so I just wait and see.
I just ordered one from them as well... wait and see if they can deliver.

101 - 120 of 6720 Posts