AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1828 Posts

·
Registered
AV: Onkyo TX-RZ 830, TV: LG 65" C9, Media: Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo - Dune HD Pro 4K II - Dune HD
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Dune is finally coming up with a Dolby Vision capable Media Player

"Dolby Vision direct, Dolby Vision LLDV and Dolby Vision VS10. Dolby's VS10 HDR processing engine improves dynamic range for all HDR material. "

Sounds promising

·
Registered
AV: Onkyo TX-RZ 830, TV: LG 65" C9, Media: Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo - Dune HD Pro 4K II - Dune HD
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally. Do you have some more information? Let’s see about the price. Pro 4K II is already too expensive imho.
It's listed on "Futeko.com" for pre-ordering

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was going to get the previous version but I was told this is coming so I waited. Have it preordered. The official dune site will have it soon. Not sure if my drives will work so I posted this

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Does it say if it can play 4K ultra blu ray rips, like the old Dune Primes used to do for regular blu-rays?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the 4K capable Dune models can play BD4K rips flawlessly with full menues. Even seamless branching works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Dunes current BD menu implementation is far from flawless. It turns on subtitles by default for many discs and not on all discs you are able to disable them. Not to mention that forced subs on those discs cant always be selected.
The only device that does BD menu flawless is either the Oppo with a cfw or an Oppo clone.

Also there won't be DV support on 4K UHD BDs.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The only device that does BD menu flawless is either the Oppo with a cfw or an Oppo clone.
Not forgetting the sister player Cambridge Audio CXUHD, my go to device. That is genuinely flawless with menu playback.

Yes menu support is only fair on the Dune but better than Zidoo or Zappiti. The specs are saying ”DV Direct” as well LLDV and VS10 whatever that means.

·
Premium Member
12,605 Posts
Nice, going to preorder. Just looking at specs, and not considering the HDD bay, this is basically a Dune Pro 4K II with DV?

·
Premium Member
12,605 Posts
Gotcha, I just meant from a video performance standpoint. Specs look to line up, and I have been very happy with the 4k Pro II. Went ahead and preordered with futeko.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, you're right. It's should be similar to the 4K Pro 4K II. But the Solo will also have the 2nd HDMI Out and a Power off switch on the backside. So it should be identical in the video performance. and The RTD1619DR adds the Dolby Vision functionality. In the Pro 4K II and Plus the RTD1619 is working.

I bought the Plus in December and preordered now the Solo. Also bought the Pro 4K II last year so maybe there is a chance to get an award for one of the best customers ever from Dune. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not forgetting the sister player Cambridge Audio CXUHD, my go to device. That is genuinely flawless with menu playback.

Yes menu support is only fair on the Dune but better than Zidoo or Zappiti. The specs are saying ”DV Direct” as well LLDV and VS10 whatever that means.
DV direct (detects and tunnels Dolby Vision material) LLDV (Sony uses it, can be used to turn SD media into DV processed rather than the Realtek chips) VS10 (uses DV proessing on HD material rather than Realtek chip) That is my guess, please correct me if I am mistaken, thanks.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
DV direct (detects Dolby Vision material) LLDV (Sony uses it, can be used to turn SD media into DV processed rather than the Realtek chips) VS10 (uses DV proessing on HD material rather than Realtek chip) That is my guess, please correct me if I am mistaken, thanks.
The latter two are well known. It is the DV Direct I’m unsure about. Is there a chance it could mean it could play full BDMV DV rips like the CXUHD or Oppo? I’m clueless on that, but I’m sure someone will pony up the money and tell us soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've asked Dune via the contact form of the homepage if the player will support DV as 4K UHD ISO. They told me yes.
Hopefully my question was answered by a skilled person. But I think we have to wait before someone received the player and tested it on an ISO :unsure:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The latter two are well known. It is the DV Direct I’m unsure about. Is there a chance it could mean it could play full BDMV DV rips like the CXUHD or Oppo? I’m clueless on that, but I’m sure someone will pony up the money and tell us soon.
I'm sure it's just the same as the Zidoo - I'd assume "DV Direct" just means Standard DV (8-bit RGB HDMI Tunneled) and LLDV is, well, just LLDV.

VS10 is the name given by Dolby to a project from 2015/16 to create a Dolby processing engine for standard media SOCs - initially taken up by Realtek and Mediatek. So all Dolby processing, whether Standard DV, LLDV or conversions using the Dolby algo are done through the VS10 engine - the idea of it is that all media, whether DV, HDR10 or SDR will be output in the best available format available at the display, whether DV, HDR10 or SDR (in reality it's not quite that simple, but I'm sure there will be discussions here soon over that.....)

Not sure how HLG fits into it, but you can certainly process HLG as DV with VS10 but VS10 may treat HLG first as SDR (since it's compatible).

Reactions: sutton8

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Players look great - see they are now showing the Dune HD Max Vision 4K - the Dune HD Pro 4K has ben perfect for me for yrs - my brother in market for player - so might give him mine and pick up one of these new ones - multi channel SACD playback on both players is incentive for me - will wait on some reviews

·
Premium Member
12,605 Posts
Recevied from Futeko:

Your order has been despatched.

1 - MP112 - Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo - USA+CANADA DELIVERY. EXPRESS

Delivery to United States is by 'FedEx International Priority' and and will take 1-2 working days. An accurate delivery estimate will be available on tracking this evening.

1 - 20 of 1828 Posts