AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have both Dune and Zidoo! And I try to compare it to my own.
And I don't think the price difference is justified.

Please be considerate and don't offend me. More respect!

·
Registered
96 Posts
[QUOTE = "ahr, post: 60629189, member: 9462500"]

"I agree with the pricing, but you can't compare Zidoo z9x to Vision, Vision is a completely different product."

Completely different product? Why, what's the difference? Different in price, otherwise not the same Realtek sOc? Or do you think the old 80s finish is all the difference?Or the housing, which costs max 20 €?
I ask the question. Can the Dune 3X offer so much more than the Zidoo Z9X?(Except for the price ?!) ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
If you want to compare the Dune with Zidoo, then you have to compare it with the Z10 Pro and not the Z9X. And I agree that the Dune may be a little overpriced.
But the Dune was working way better after the 1st Firmware upgrade than the Zidoo after 6 or 7 updates. I think that speaks for itself.
If you want more respect, then stop spreading your offending crab, and write factual comments.
I have followed your posts in the german "Android Media Player Forum" where the banned you in the end, because of all the nonsense and offenses you posted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A little back from gas, and more respect!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Completely different product? Why, what's the difference? Different in price, otherwise not the same Realtek sOc? Or do you think the old 80s finish is all the difference?Or the housing, which costs max 20 €?
I ask the question. Can the Dune 3X offer so much more than the Zidoo Z9X?(Except for the price ?!) ;)
You do seem to have a problem with Dune. Almost all your posts contain criticism, complaints and threats (we've lost faith in Dune, they are liars etc). You stated that you have returned your Vision 4K solo player and that you don't trust Dune anymore. Yet, you are still here, complaining about Dune, and praising Zidoo iin comparison. Your heavily biased behaviour does NOT help anyone. I would strongly suggest you move on and perhaps, consider more frequent visits to Zidoo's forums.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You're right .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

I turned to Dune Suport, if anyone wants to give their opinion, I like to listen :)

Surface at Dune very old-fashioned .Jukebox, my collection much worse than Zidoo his jukebox !! (Zidoo its HT 4.0 much, much better, more modern). Dune promised there would be a new interface, but people don't believe it because nothing saw it. And Dune doesn't even want to say when it will be ready! Dune doesn't want to provide evidence? For example, put a few pictures online? Or maybe Dune is not telling the truth ?!

For the Dolby Vision formats there is now version v6.2.0 for Z9X, and Zidoo currently plays many more formats such as. B. Dune. (I think Dunne Technicker can test a Zidoo by himself)
I don't care if the menu is open or not, I'll watch the movie and not bother with the menu. It is better to play a lot more formats than fewer and with a menu.

Dune uses Android TV version that's true, but a lot of the app doesn't work, for example Plex, Amazon Prime, Netflix (no Dolby Vision), Hbo Go reports 5.1 errors.
Yes Zidoo has a mobile version of Android, but if neither app works properly, then what use is an Android TV?

And do not forget !! Dune's cheapest variant, Pro Vision, costs € 450 (I don't need a large case), but Zidoo Z9X only costs € 150 (direct from China)! I ask the question. Can the Dune 3X offer so much more than the Zidoo Z9X?

Dune Support answered me.

"
The new interface is under development.
No user has been reported yet.
When we are ready to release more information or alpha / beta firmware to the public, it will be.
We don't want to announce the details too early. In particular, we do not want to provide any information to competitors.

Based on these descriptions, it appears that Zidoo does not currently support the Blu-ray menu with Dolby Vision.
On Dune, the Blu-ray menu with Dolby Vision has been supported for more than 1.5 months.

A firmware update for Dune with further improvements for Dolby Vision is planned shortly
(In particular, other Dolby Vision file formats are supported.) "

NOTE: In general, media players based on Realtek media processors are mostly intended for users who need Hi-End file playback functionality,

e.g. to play Blu-ray disc images from their NAS / HDDs with best video/audio quality and best conveniency.

It is well known, that Realtek-based media players are the best for file playback, not for Android apps.

Android apps is an additional functionality, it is not the main functionality of such media players.

(Actually some Dune users prefer not to use and not to see and Android apps at all, some prefer to user apps in their Smart TV or in other devices.)

Nevertheless, support for Android apps is also important and we are going to improve it in much degree as we can.

Dune already has advantages regarding support for Android apps in comparison with Zidoo.

On Zidoo, you have mobile variant of Android OS (as in smart phones) (and you can use mobile version of Google Play Market),

and on Dune -- you have TV variant of Android OS (and you can use TV version of Google Play Market), better optimized for ATV apps.

On Zidoo, to use Google Play Market, you need to a lot of things manually (including manual downloading and installing special firmware image).

On Zidoo, you can not use Android TV launcher, i.e. you do have the following functions: ATV apps channels, global voice search though ATV apps.
Netflix and Amazon video apps work properly in the Dune Solo device...

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
"Netflix and Amazon video apps work properly in the Dune Solo device... "

This is good news. In Hungary there is already a lot of cheering. But is it running with Dolby Vision, or only in HDR, how earlier?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
In Hungary, many are angry because many online shops have advertised with Netflix. And people bought better because of it. I know now because I tested it myself. I could still go back and get a refund, but many other people in Hungary were unable to get their money back.
And I ask why Dune like Zidoo officiel cannot describe that Dune is not suitable for stream?
"
Zidoo devices are designed for local content, not online streaming, and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.
If you want to stream content from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV device or native TV apps will be a better choice.
"

In Hungary, all online shops have now removed advertising with Netflix. But there is still a problem for the reactions of the Hungarian Dune Forum. We'll be advertising with Netflix again if Netflix does well with Dune.
And now I ask the question. Is that the right way to deal with customers?
dune-hd.hu

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I don't remember Zidoo actively marketing this feature. And Dune only advertised the Widevine L1 support, but didn't name Netflix, Amazon etc. directly. At least from what I can recall.
If a reseller is doing that, your beef is with them.

I get that people what a device that can do everything (German: eierlegende wollmilchsau) but that's not going to happen with the limited resource of companies like Dune and Zidoo. Imho they should focus on their USPs. I'd rather have a Dune with a media center from this millennia than have the ability to stream Netflix like thousands other devices already can.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sledgehammer I totally agree with you, but in Hungary in the official forum of dune-hd.hu you can only participate and ask questions if you buy Dune Mediaplayer from these online stores. And this online company all advertised with Netflix, its Dune Player. This means that the customer is treated unfairly and the customer is faked.

I saw a warning with stream hopes here on the official Zidoo forum.Zidoo also censors on its own forum page, but at least warns people not to buy.
(Also warned here, the ISO won't play, but it works fine now, new firmware)
My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... (work in progress...)

And don't forget that in Hungary, Serbia and Romania (I have contacts with these people) earn € 300-400 per month. And Dune costs € 450. And then the rhetoric comes from the German forum or in Russian (I can still understand Russian because its own product protects) and warns me not to speak badly about this product.
I will always defend myself against the unjust, no matter what. And I'm not only so active with this product, but also with other products. I know I can't end the world, but I can do my part to make the final clarification for the couple.

In Hungary, several people have officially complained about this in the Dune-hd.hu forum and want to complain. Will multiple people get their money back?

I still like Dune after this theater, but somehow I'm trying to pressure Dune to make some final statements.
I will be buying again but now the state of the art makes a Zidoo a better job for my needs.
I hate doing the example at Zidoo with its interface and language to other countries is a disaster.

I'm not an expert like you, but I don't do injustice.
In the future I will try to do something different, but now and then I am unfortunately not always able to express my feelings correctly.

Zidoo wahrnung.jpg

Reactions: markswift2003

·
Registered
10 Posts
Days Of Thunder is a Dolby vision FEL movie, so in the moment it will play in HDR mode only.
Dune is aware of the situation, and they are working on Dolby Vision FEL in MKV files.
For now, only Dolby Vision MEL in MKV Files works with the Dune.

You can find out if the movie is Dolby Vision FEL or MEL, if you click on the arrow in front of the respective title and expand it.
The video track then shows Dolby Vision 7.06 BL+ FEL (MEL) + RPU.
And for now, there are not supposed to be any subtitles in PGS format in the file. If you need subtitles you have to convert them to the SRT format.
But that will also be fixed in a future firmware update.
Just ripped a movie with MakeMKV with Dolby Vision MEL and subtitles in PGS format and all works correctly. It seems I don't need to convert to SRT format.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sledgehammer I totally agree with you, but in Hungary in the official forum of dune-hd.hu you can only participate and ask questions if you buy Dune Mediaplayer from these online stores. And this online company all advertised with Netflix, its Dune Player. This means that the customer is treated unfairly and the customer is faked.

I saw a warning with stream hopes here on the official Zidoo forum.Zidoo also censors on its own forum page, but at least warns people not to buy.
(Also warned here, the ISO won't play, but it works fine now, new firmware)
My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... (work in progress...)

And don't forget that in Hungary, Serbia and Romania (I have contacts with these people) earn € 300-400 per month. And Dune costs € 450. And then the rhetoric comes from the German forum or in Russian (I can still understand Russian because its own product protects) and warns me not to speak badly about this product.
I will always defend myself against the unjust, no matter what. And I'm not only so active with this product, but also with other products. I know I can't end the world, but I can do my part to make the final clarification for the couple.

In Hungary, several people have officially complained about this in the Dune-hd.hu forum and want to complain. Will multiple people get their money back?

I still like Dune after this theater, but somehow I'm trying to pressure Dune to make some final statements.
I will be buying again but now the state of the art makes a Zidoo a better job for my needs.
I hate doing the example at Zidoo with its interface and language to other countries is a disaster.

I'm not an expert like you, but I don't do injustice.
In the future I will try to do something different, but now and then I am unfortunately not always able to express my feelings correctly.

View attachment 3118947
And then the rhetoric comes from the German forum or in Russian (I can still understand Russian because its own product protects) and warns me not to speak badly about this product......

stop telling ******** on this forum about how you've been stopped saying bad things about Dune on the Russian forum!!! You've not been lucky man! I'm a Russian speaker (and native English!) and a member of both forums! I had a pleasure reading your google translated **** on the Russian forum and the only warning you had was to use google translate more accurately as people could not understand your **** quiet often...That's it.... the rest is your imagination. Then - as you've said before - - you had sent your Dune back and never buy this **** again.... And you are still here!!! What the **** you are doing here without DUNE? you've made your choice so be a man and just get away with it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Stop talking to me like that. Disrespectful and primitive attitude, we are not animals.
I also ordered again because new firmware is coming

In such a primitive way people like you to insult me come here, also from Android forum from Germany. That is your culture is not mine. I would like to continue to talk normally. And I'll keep reporting bad bugs even if you complain.
Here we are not a censored forum! Censored Yes

There is freedom of expression here, but don't confuse it with insults.
Thank you for your consideration

Xenophobia! I also found out in the Android forum in Germany that I am Hungarian and not German, which is why I often ignored and humiliated myself. This is xenophobia! I'm glad I don't speak to these people anymore.

If you look at it, these people are going to go wrong and will follow me here as well and keep trying to insult me.

Russian forum worse than in Germany. But it can't speak badly of Dune either. Immediately delete it when I've written criticism of Dune.

And yes, I ordered another Dune Vision. And if I see problems with the firmware, I will continue to report in the forum!

Netflix apparently couldn't fix either :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Xenophobia! I also found out in the Android forum in Germany that I am Hungarian and not German, which is why I often ignored and humiliated myself. This is xenophobia! I'm glad I don't speak to these people anymore.
Sorry, you're talking nonsense all the time. No one in the German Android forum blamed you, because you are from Hungary, They have general rules how you should use the forum and you've ignored most of them and not reflected yourself at any way.

You have blamed everyone in this forum as a racist a few days ago here in your post, but thanks god you've edited it now. You claim in every second post of you for respect to you, but you don't give respect to any other people or companies. I can't say how often you claimed Dune that they are lying etc.

So from my side, please don't buy another Dune and switch to another brand. But no brand can give you what you want, a player that plays nearly everything. And exactly this was telled you a couple of times in the German Android forum, but you dan't want to hear this.

And please also stop to complain about the price of a Dune. They create good players and so they are not available for 100 Euro. You can also complain to Apple why an iPhone costs more than an phone of an other brand. Why you ordered now a Dune again, if it's so expensive and what will happen if a new firmware still not suits to you?

I said to me in the German forum that I don't will answer to any other post of you. But I must write only one answer here and after this I'll ignore you again. Not becauce you are from Hungary, only because you are such a strange character at all and it's hard to read all of your :poop:

And now stop with off topic.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Apparently the witch hunt continues. From now on, I no longer respond to those who looked down on me on the Android forum. Just because the frustration of 2015 is there. And because several people saw my avatar (Viktor Orban) on the Android forum, they immediately ignored and humiliated me.

And why does it hurt when I tell the truth?
When I say Dune is lying ?!
Yes, Dune is still lying about Dolby Vision with FEL.
Is that a lie or a truth?
Zidoo has already admitted because it needs 2 decoders and Realtek only has 1 decoder.
Zidoo forum

But, I want to report something good too.

Today I received a source of confidence. Dune is now releasing a new firmware.
Since I am in constant contact with Dune, I also have good things to say.
And because I and my friends are very important because of the new surface from Dune, I also received an answer.
At least with Android, Dune is slowly starting to be a little more careful. And in Hungary the online shops are no longer allowed to advertise with Netflix. Just small steps, I'm satisfied too. I know I can't end the world :)
Honest dealings with the customer are desirable.

"Dune supports the following important file formats for DV:
ISO lite MEL/FEL, BDMV lite MEL/FEL,
ISO menu MEL/FEL, BDMV menu MEL/FEL,
M2TS MEL/FEL,
MKV P7 MEL,
MKV P8,
some MP4 formats

Zidoo supports the following important file formats for DV:
ISO lite MEL/FEL, BDMV lite MEL/FEL,
MKV P7 MEL/FEL,
MKV P8,
some MP4 formats
With the next FW update (expected very soon), Dune will support even more formats (including MKV P7 FEL)."

"New interface is in the development, and the development may take longer than expected, so there are no strict dates and no promises.
There are chances some first alpha/beta versions will become available during 1 or up to a few months from now."

"We have a lot of feedback on this from our users and we know what functions are missing.
We just want to take into account the feedback of each user (different users have different needs) -- this is why we are asking you too."

"Yes, Realtek platform is not ideal for AndroidTV apps, there are bugs/limitations.
Netflix is not officially supported on Dune, Netflix is not listed as officially supported function in the official product descriptions on the official Dune web site.

"Unfortunately, it is a Netflix policy to support and officially certify Netflix ATV app only on very few selected models of Android boxes, and not support ATV Netflix app on all other Android boxes.
But many users want to run and do run Netflix on Dune. We understand these users. Netflix is #1 video service in the world.
Dune's goal in respect to AndroidTV apps support is to overcome limitations of Realtek platform and make as many AndroidTV apps working as possible, when it is technically possible."

·
Registered
14 Posts
Apparently the witch hunt continues. ..
The only which-hunt seems to be coming from your direction. When you (by your own admission) have been "advised" on several forums, that your posts are not entirely "helpful", common sense dictates that one should hit the pause button and re-evaluate their own conduct. The story here seems to repeat itself. You have already been "ticked" (again) by a number of forum users regarding your posts but you keep "failing" to take notice. You do not appear to be contributing much value to this forum either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If someone lies publicly about me, no matter what, I will not let it!
If you leave me alone and don't humiliate me in public, I'll hit the STOP button too.

Many Thanks

Trimonium and hellhero and Yordan5,Borland007

For this I have private email. And if someone wants to say something, then write private email!
You as well .

Many Thanks

Borland007

I know that everyone is from a circle of friends because this colleague only registered today that is supposed to publicly humiliate me and distribute lies.

And no witch hunt?
Hopefully, someone from Administrator will remove these public statements soon!

301 - 320 of 395 Posts