AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ja natürlich, sorry.
I am personally very curious whether there will really be a new surface at Dune. Now he has confirmed, but say that it takes a little longer than expected.
I asked for a few pictures today, maybe I'll get one.

Dune asked me what I don't like in MY Collection and what should Dune change in the future ?!
I sent this picture to Dune and showed what can be an example.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You could also tell them about MyCollection:

• Handling of TV series sux and needs much work.
  • The ability to change posters should added.
  • The ability to create groups, both auto and custom, should be added.

Ask them to look at the Zappiti media centre and perhaps they’ll get some idea as to how this is done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for your message.

We will first collect several wishes, then I will forward them to Dune. For example, your requirements are already 3, which I myself find good final clarification for the beginning.

Reactions: sutton8

·
Registered
948 Posts
Some other things that would be nice and that are mostly standard elsewhere:

• Badges to be shown on synopsis page for audio and video codecs e.g. Atmos, DV etc...
  • Ability to add your own photo from PC. MyCollection is supposed to read NFO files but does not.
  • Summary statistics of your collection to be made available via email. Zappiti sends a CSV with one button press in the menu.

The only thing I really like about MyCollection is the cast and crew explorer which is a nice feature that should be retained.

On the hardware front it would be nice if you could reverse the display clock on a movie to show time remaining rather than elapsed. I’ve been asking them for years on that and they usually fob me off and have never implemented it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know Dune reads this and other forums too, but we have to make extra efforts and send a lot of emails to Dune, otherwise nothing will happen by itself :)
But do I have to slow down a bit because I got at least some good reactions from Dune, and I have to give Dune some time too.

But in the last few days I think it's positive that they reply earlier more often than usual.;)

I will collect your wishes and send them to Dune the next day.
Maybe something happens :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something else .
I hear from other forums that no HDR10 + can play Dune.
Can someone try to see if Dune can play the HDR10 + properly?
Because I tried it 2 weeks ago and couldn't play HDR10 + properly, only in HDR.
Zidoo Z9X can play all my HDR10 + in the correct format.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello

What I filled with positive reactions in the last few days from Dune, here I also received a positive message regarding the new interface! I said. Dune also reads this forum.
Hard drive hibernation has also been added. (Standby) Many also need these extras.

"Regarding the new UI: very likely first firmware update with new UI will be first provided (for closed testing) to a small group of beta testers, in this case you will be included into this group if you want."

"In general, you make you posts about Dune HD more friendly, and you post also information about advantages of Dune HD."

Of course, I answered yes. Now I am ordering a Dune Pro Vision again.

I am very satisfied now. Dune cares about its customers and their needs. I have mentioned several times that I see good potential in Dune.

I will continue to report.

Thank you for those who believed in my views, some of them positive.

I have gathered some wishes and will continue to send them to Dune.

1- Many customers want the movie to be able to see the rest of the time on the display on the front of the device.
2- Here is also a wish. When I want to get out of the movie. With Zidoo, I can end a movie by pressing EXIT twice. On Dune you have to press the stop button first. The Zidoo screen reads, "Press again to stop playback."
(I think a lot of people at Zidoo like this control and will appreciate it at Dune.)
3- Format HDR10 + films are only played in HDR. I've also heard from several forums.( I tested it 2 weeks ago but it didn't work for me either, just played in HDR. I have Philips 65OLED754 with 10+ and Dolby Vision.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try Prime Video (Android TV) that is was working on Zidoo before they get Google DRM ID banned, maybe working on Dune.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chatting here is very addictive, but if you were software developpers yourself, you would know the new products actually are still in development. Better to wait a year and buy the product without all the software flaws than to be the first and comlain about the diseases..(for example: I bought 2 TC Powercore X8 audio fx gear...spent a few years testing (and 3500 euro) until TC Electronic got the windows drivers right...then they stopped developping... stuck at 32 bits VST....). On the other hand, if the forum resticts itself to the actual problems...then we would learn something...(o yeah, sold TC for 400 euros last week)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately, we cannot buy media players without a software bug. And if we wait 1 year, we can extend it again for 1 year, because almost every year a new Soc with a media player comes out.
The problem is we can't buy 1 whatever can. I always have to buy additional players for the stream and again for local videos. But it doesn't matter, time has to be spent and it doesn't get boring.
Now my Dune Pro Vision comes back and place it next to my Zidoo Z9X. Zidoo is kind of boring to me and the interface is ugly. But it doesn't cost much.
After a couple of years I thought that at least the language was ready, I can't switch between English, German and Hungarian. Everything mixed up, nobody knows where, which language is, half English and half Hungarian.And preiß often also plays a major role.
Zidoo is on sale now.

Reactions: hellhero

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unfortunately, we cannot buy media players without a software bug. And if we wait 1 year, we can extend it again for 1 year, because almost every year a new Soc with a media player comes out.
The problem is we can't buy 1 whatever can. I always have to buy additional players for the stream and again for local videos. But it doesn't matter, time has to be spent and it doesn't get boring.
Now my Dune Pro Vision comes back and place it next to my Zidoo Z9X. Zidoo is kind of boring to me and the interface is ugly. But it doesn't cost much.
After a couple of years I thought that at least the language was ready, I can't switch between English, German and Hungarian. Everything mixed up, nobody knows where, which language is, half English and half Hungarian.And preiß often also plays a major role.
Zidoo is on sale now.
Then you accept that you are buying a brand new model which is still under development and bugs can be expected...especially when new video standards are being introduced and the market is very competitive...I bought my first Dune dec 2020 expecting that MKVx264 and x265 and Bluray ISO would play...and they do...O yeah...a player which plays it ALL will never be, because old formats won't be supported anymore sooner or later...I accepted that DVD ISO/Video_TS can better be played via WD TV Live or Dune Solo Lite...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Then you accept that you are buying a brand new model which is still under development and bugs can be expected...especially when new video standards are being introduced and the market is very competitive...I bought my first Dune dec 2020 expecting that MKVx264 and x265 and Bluray ISO would play...and they do...O yeah...a player which plays it ALL will never be, because old formats won't be supported anymore sooner or later...I accepted that DVD ISO/Video_TS can better be played via WD TV Live or Dune Solo Lite...

Of course, in the beginning I'll accept that there is a mistake. But I inquired before buying and Dune promised to fix these issues.
But we mustn't be too naive either, if we don't put pressure on the company it will certainly fix fewer mistakes for us, you have to understand that.
And it doesn't matter where or with which company, Zidoo Dune or TV company. In life you have to fight for everything.

And I am very aware of what I am buying and how I react.
That much is certain, Dune convinces me better than I thought. That's why I bought it again. I think Dune has better engineers than Zidoo.
But time will tell. What else did I want to say about it? In the future, I will only fight for myself and everyone else should try to solve their own problems.
Fighting for someone and helping someone, don't mix up. If I can help, I will of course continue to help others.

If I get something for my needs, I have no further reason to argue for someone who has different needs.

But I will report later. Now I am convinced that I have achieved something for my needs.

The rest is in the stars. Music of the future .
;)

Reactions: vadergr

·
Registered
95 Posts
You could also tell them about MyCollection:

• Handling of TV series sux and needs much work.
  • The ability to change posters should added.
  • The ability to create groups, both auto and custom, should be added.

Ask them to look at the Zappiti media centre and perhaps they’ll get some idea as to how this is done.
I got this answer from Dune support.
He does not understand the problem, can you please say a little more about your question

"Thanks for the additional feedback. Passed to our R&D team.
Could you please provide more details about these two items (other items are clear):
Handling of TV series sux and needs much work.
Ability to add your own photo from PC. MyCollection is supposed to read NFO files but does not."

·
Registered
948 Posts
A bit more for Dune on the above.

TV Series - If you only have Season 5 of Game of Thrones in your collection most media centres will only show season 5. However, Dune MyCollection shows ALL of the series. That’s no good. Also better media centres like Zappiti allow auto play of next episode.

Pictures/Photos - I am not sure what is difficult to understand. Better media centres allow poster handling. So you can choose what you would like to appear in the media centre. Typically these posters are taken from online databases such as TMDb or IMDb etc... Some solutions also allow you to add your own pictures as a cover or backdrop. With Dune you are stuck with what they provide with no means to change and the posters are often foreign language (I’m English) and unsatisfactory.

Thanks for communicating this back to Dune.

·
Registered
95 Posts

TV Series - If you only have Season 5 of Game of Thrones in your collection most media centres will only show season 5. However, Dune MyCollection shows ALL of the series. That’s no good. Also better media centres like Zappiti allow auto play of next episode.

Pictures/Photos - I am not sure what is difficult to understand. Better media centres allow poster handling. So you can choose what you would like to appear in the media centre. Typically these posters are taken from online databases such as TMDb or IMDb etc... Some solutions also allow you to add your own pictures as a cover or backdrop. With Dune you are stuck with what they provide with no means to change and the posters are often foreign language (I’m English) and unsatisfactory.

I will answer for Dune.
Now and then, Dune doesn't understand anything, which is a simple question.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Hello, I got an answer from Dune. Pretty big text.And very quickly.Dune tries to help, how it looks. I really appreciate that.

Thanks for the additional feedback. Passed to our R&D team.
We expect to have an updated firmware in the nearest days, which will support Dolby Vision in much more file formats variations.
Could you please provide more details about these two items (other items are clear):

Handling of TV series sux and needs much work.
Ability to add your own photo from PC. MyCollection is supposed to read NFO files but does not.
If my collection finds the wrong envelopes, we'd like to add our own. Not exchangeable now.

If a wrong movie is automatically guessed by MyCollection, you can manually choose a different movie,
using "Edit matchings between files and movies",
do you know about this function?

We know about the following problems:

Sometimes it is impossible to choose the needed movie, because Dune fails to find it.

Most of such problems will be fixed soon.

In some cases, it still may be desired to provide/edit all movie information manually.
Currently it is impossible (MyCollection can only associate files to movies which Dune can find.)

We know about this feature request and plan to add it in future.

In some cases, even if a proper movie is found, it still may be desired to manually choose a different poster.
Currently it is impossible.

We know about this feature request and plan to add it in future.

( NFO TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND RELEASE NOTES)

Can you please clarify how exactly you want to use NFO files
Actually, NFO files are already used when MyCollection indexes the files, to help MyCollection to identify the movies.
(They are used only for movie identification.)
Can you please describe in more details, what exactly does not work?
Can you provide an example:
  • Filename of the video file
  • Corresponding NFO file
  • Description / photo of problems with this video file in MyCollection, and what you want to improve

TV Series - If you only have Season 5 of Game of Thrones in your collection most media centres will only show season 5. However, Dune MyCollection shows ALL of the series. That’s no good.

When you open the "movie screen" for TV Series, you see several buttons, including "Play..." and "Seasons".
"Play..." button will show only seasons and episodes you have in MyCollection.
"Seasons" button will show full information the TV Series, including all seasons and episodes which are not in MyCollection.
The idea and the advanced function of MyCollection is that it provides access not only to the information about video files you have,
but also to a lot of additional related information:

• People (Crew and cast)
  • Movies of these people -- both movies which are part of MyCollection, and other movies
  • Similar movies -- both movies which are part of MyCollection, and other movies
  • All seasons and episodes of TV Series

This additional related information is helpful for two reasons:
1) For some users, it is fun to see and learn all this information about movies

2) There is special integration of some Internet video services into MyCollection / Movies functions of Dune. If you use Internet video services such as Netflix, and you don't have for example some movie in MyCollection, but this movie is available on Netflix, MyCollection will show this to you and will allow to immediately launch this movie on Netfix. For example, you just saw Terminator 1 movie from MyCollection, and you don't have Terminator 2 in MyCollection, but it is available, and you launch Terminator 2 from Netflix. Same approach can be used for seasons and episodes: if you watched season 1 in MyCollection, and you have no season 2 in MyCollection, you may want to check if it is available on Netflix.

Also better media centres like Zappiti allow auto play of next episode.

This function works. Just tested it, works fine. Play S1E1, when it finishes, Dune start playing S1E2 automatically.

Pictures/Photos - I am not sure what is difficult to understand. Better media centres allow poster handling. So you can choose what you would like to appear in the media centre. Typically these posters are taken from online databases such as TMDb or IMDb etc.. Some solutions also allow you to add your own pictures as a cover or backdrop. With Dune you are stuck with what they provide with no means to change and the posters are often foreign language (I’m English) and unsatisfactory.

Clear .

Amazon Prime app reports errors.

OK, we know of issues with Amazon from other people and are investigating them.
I just wanted to know if you have the same or different problems.

Reactions: sutton8

·
Registered
948 Posts
Great they are responding so quickly and fully. Let’s hope they can implement some of what we are asking for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just received my Pro Vision order. It flags Dolby Vision off the ISOs of 4K movies fine so far but my Marantz receiver reports 8bit color, shouldn’t it be 12bit? Do I have settings incorrect?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great they are responding so quickly and fully. Let’s hope they can implement some of what we are asking for.
Hello, I don't understand why Dune has 2 libraries. My collection and jukebox. Zidoo has 1 HOUSE THEATER.
What logic works with Dune? My collection has a lot of Netflix covers from the start when I open them. Can't we remove or rearrange them from my Netflix collection? I just want to see my covers in MY COLLECTION. Or is that nothing possible?
When I started and installed it for the first time, right at the beginning (info window with 2 options) asked me about Netflix (I didn't understand the question correctly). Is this the only option for the cover of Netflix's final clearing up?

321 - 340 of 394 Posts