AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 796 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are your BD folders 1:1 rip from the original disc? If so, can you list a few (well-known and popular) titles with the issue? Preferably UHD bluray, as I’m more likely to have them, bluray otherwise.

Are they out of sync right away or after a while? I played a couple of DTS-HD blurays and didn’t notice any sync issue, but I only played a few minutes of each.
Hi. Right away since the first second. The Adele concert piano playing I posted happens within the first 30 seconds more or less. Mkv files.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are your BD folders 1:1 rip from the original disc? If so, can you list a few (well-known and popular) titles with the issue? Preferably UHD bluray, as I’m more likely to have them, bluray otherwise.

Are they out of sync right away or after a while? I played a couple of DTS-HD blurays and didn’t notice any sync issue, but I only played a few minutes of each.
Hello, It also happens in bdmv, for example a Spanish bluray movie ¨Si Yo Fuera Rico¨, it has dts-hd 5.1
Audio is always ahead.
Occurs in mkv, bdmv folders.

·
Premium Member
10,072 Posts
Guys, I said well-known, popular (movie) titles, by this I mean mainstream Hollywood movies, not obscure concerts (though I do know who Adele is :) ) or Spanish movies that no-one has heard of :)

As I said, it doesn't happen here on the few titles I tested with 1:1 BDMV folders. I use HDMI bitstream out to a Denon X8500H (main HDMI out from the Dune).

Also please confirm you tested with a 1:1 copy from the original bluray or UHD bluray physical disc, and which software you used to back it up.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

No sync issues here with DTS-HD using MKV - both 1:1 rips and encodes (using Staxrip/NVEnc) stay perfectly in sync.

Reactions: Manni01

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is it true there is a difference in the quality of rips if you for example should use the latest MakeMKV, and that some of the issues above might be caused by rips/files made with an earlier version of a rip program?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Guys, I said well-known, popular (movie) titles, by this I mean mainstream Hollywood movies, not obscure concerts (though I do know who Adele is :) ) or Spanish movie that no-one has heard of :)

As I said, it doesn't happen here on the few titles I tested with 1:1 BDMV folders. I use HDMI bitstream out to a Denon X8500H (main HDMI out from the Dune).

Also please confirm you tested with a 1:1 copy from the original bluray or UHD bluray physical disc, and which software you used to back it up.
I've now sent it back and put the Realbox back in its place, which does not suffer from Lip Sync issues. Mine are all 1 to 1 rips and the last folder I remember having problems with was Fringe S5 BD Disc 3.

Reactions: Manni01

·
Premium Member
10,072 Posts
Is it true there is a difference in the quality of rips if you for example should use the latest MakeMKV, and that some of the issues above might be caused by rips/files made with an earlier version of a rip program?
This is why I was asking for a confirmation that the titles had been ripped 1:1 from the original disc and which software was used to do so.

I use makemkv, DVDFab and AnyDVDHD depending on which title is supported by which when I buy it / archive it, and I have zero issue here with DTS:HD BD/UHD BD Folders ripped from original discs without any fancy compression / processing.

I always rip 1:1 from original discs, never compress/process to keep max quality and never use illegal downloads, so I can't comment on that (not that we should do so here).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Like I said earlier, I have never experienced any issues with DTS-HDMA soundtracks in an MKV file. And I have hundreds of movies and TV shows with DTS-HDMA sound.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Guys, I said well-known, popular (movie) titles, by this I mean mainstream Hollywood movies, not obscure concerts (though I do know who Adele is :) ) or Spanish movies that no-one has heard of :)

Dear @Manni01 , @markswift2003 , @hellhero and others: Thank you very much for your responses:love:. We have here a curious issue because it affects several users and not others. As a hint, I have the latest beta version installed (I guess we all work with the same version).

Manni01, I can't believe you don't know who Adele:eek: is hahaha :LOL: . You must be pulling my leg :):) . Hereby I am sending you a copy of the cover so you know what obscure concert I was talking about :) :

I have tried with some main mainstream Hollywood movies and the failure when it is a DTS-HD file is present. For example with the pure steel film:

On the other hand, with the intention of trying to locate where the failure of this player is when it plays these DTS HD audio files, as compared to the test on original copies from physical discs and the software used, I believe that it does not come to place for the following reasons (please correct me if I am wrong):

1. The same MKV files played in absolutely the same video and sound system but replacing the Dune with the OPPO 203, are perfectly reproduced.

2. The same MKV files played with the new Nvidia pro SHIELD 4K, are played perfectly. No DTS HD sync failure.

3. When the file is rewinded a few seconds –no need more- in the Dune (while the video is playing), it is already heard correctly. This means that when this trick is applied, the Dune player already plays that file correctly. If the file is corrupted, it would continue been listening badly, despite reversing-rewinding the file. Today I am going to test it reproducing out of the LAN Gigabite line, to check if it might be a Dune's network card failure.

If the same files played on the OPPO or the SHIELD do not have any type of delay in the audio, it should not matter exactly how those files have been ripped, should it?

The problem I am afraid might be the Dune ...

@Manni01 , did you tried pausing the file, playing with it back and frontwards, etc?

I am the moderator at mundodvd (in the projectors, televisions, screens and calibration sections), which is probably the Spanish language speaking forum with most followers in the world. In the section of my Home Theater I have 127,000 followers, and precisely because I am very serious when it comes to publishing a review about a product due to the damage that the manufacturer may suffer, I still have not published anything about this on the Spanish forum. That is why I have attended this international forum where I know that you are people who have extensive knowledge on this and can help with this matter😍. Thank you very much for it in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,072 Posts
You need to re-read my post, I did say that I knew who Adele was, I just don’t own that obscure concert :)

I have Real Steel, I'll check it later.

Re the original disc question, I suggest you rip a DTS-HD disc 1:1 and use that as a test to rule out any conversion issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to re-read my post, I did say that I knew who Adele was, I just don’t own that obscure concert :)

I have Real Steel, I'll check it later.

Re the original disc question, I suggest you rip a DTS-HD disc 1:1 and use that as a test to rule out any conversion issue.
hahahahha you are right! 😅 I wrongly read that you said you did NOT know her. My apologies.

Regarding the ripping, what does it matter how they are ripped, if those files work well if they are reproduced on the OPPO 203 or on the NVIDIA SHIELD and wrongly on the DUNE?🙂 It does not have to do with ripping, those files are fine and they play perfectly in other players. Even on Dune, if they are rewinded while playing.

I have tried connecting the file directly via USB and it keeps failing.

Some file can start to play well, and yet if you hit PAUSE the sync is lost. Rewind and then it is back OK.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I have tried some demos that are in this dts-hd forum, where the audio goes well from the beginning, but if you give the movie to pause and then you press play, the audio is ahead a bit, the only way to fix it is to press the back button then play and it works perfect again. Same movies and demos tested on oppo 203, nvidia shiel pro 2019 and htpc nvidia 2080ti, everything is perfect. Greetings.

The demos are these and I have them for years

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello, I have tried some demos that are in this dts-hd forum, where the audio goes well from the beginning, but if you give the movie to pause and then you press play, the audio is ahead a bit, the only way to fix it is to press the back button then play and it works perfect again. Same movies and demos tested on oppo 203, nvidia shiel pro 2019 and htpc nvidia 2080ti, everything is perfect. Greetings.
Files also working OK on your HTPC... I see.
Good idea about testing those DTS HD files posted on the forum, in order to discard the ripping issue and help us to find the reason of this sync problem on DUNE.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If I want to play DVD ISO with menu's , Bluray ISO with menu's, MKV264/265 and be ready for the 4K future...what is the difference (except for the price !) between Pro Vision and Nvidia Shield Pro? I like Dune, but had stutters on Pro 4K Plus II....

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I want to play DVD ISO with menu's , Bluray ISO with menu's, MKV264/265 and be ready for the 4K future...what is the difference (except for the price !) between Pro Vision and Nvidia Shield Pro? I like Dune, but had stutters on Pro 4K Plus II....
oufff many differences. Nvidia works perfectly for you to play streaming platforms (Netflix, D +, Amazon ...) and the Dune fails. PLEX does not work in DUNE either. Dune is a natural player. It has its own film cover system, dual HDMI output, a hard drive bay, a very good playback engine, plays full BD ISO ... I have both players.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear @Manni01 , @markswift2003 , @hellhero and others: Thank you very much for your responses:love:. We have here a curious issue because it affects several users and not others. As a hint, I have the latest beta version installed (I guess we all work with the same version).

Manni01, I can't believe you don't know who Adele:eek: is hahaha :LOL: . You must be pulling my leg :):) . Hereby I am sending you a copy of the cover so you know what obscure concert I was talking about :) :

View attachment 3132956

I have tried with some main mainstream Hollywood movies and the failure when it is a DTS-HD file is present. For example with the pure steel film:

View attachment 3132957

On the other hand, with the intention of trying to locate where the failure of this player is when it plays these DTS HD audio files, as compared to the test on original copies from physical discs and the software used, I believe that it does not come to place for the following reasons (please correct me if I am wrong):

1. The same MKV files played in absolutely the same video and sound system but replacing the Dune with the OPPO 203, are perfectly reproduced.

2. The same MKV files played with the new Nvidia pro SHIELD 4K, are played perfectly. No DTS HD sync failure.

3. When the file is rewinded a few seconds –no need more- in the Dune (while the video is playing), it is already heard correctly. This means that when this trick is applied, the Dune player already plays that file correctly. If the file is corrupted, it would continue been listening badly, despite reversing-rewinding the file. Today I am going to test it reproducing out of the LAN Gigabite line, to check if it might be a Dune's network card failure.

If the same files played on the OPPO or the SHIELD do not have any type of delay in the audio, it should not matter exactly how those files have been ripped, should it?

The problem I am afraid might be the Dune ...

@Manni01 , did you tried pausing the file, playing with it back and frontwards, etc?

I am the moderator at mundodvd (in the projectors, televisions, screens and calibration sections), which is probably the Spanish language speaking forum with most followers in the world. In the section of my Home Theater I have 127,000 followers, and precisely because I am very serious when it comes to publishing a review about a product due to the damage that the manufacturer may suffer, I still have not published anything about this on the Spanish forum. That is why I have attended this international forum where I know that you are people who have extensive knowledge on this and can help with this matter😍. Thank you very much for it in advance.
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with some DTS HD files and weird thing is that the same files were perfectly reproduced by a Pro 4K Plus II wich I also owned before.
The sound was passed in both cases via the audio HDMI output to a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dune HD Real Vision 4K
Dune HD Real Vision 4K

About other Dune-related news -- a new RTD1619DR-based Dune model with Dolby Vision support has been just launched:

Dune HD Real Vision 4K

It costs $199, which is cheaper than Zidoo Z9X (which is $229 at shop.zidoo.tv, $261 at futeko, 270 EUR at amazon.de).

For those users who do not need the HDD bay and other extra hardware features of Pro Vision 4K Solo (extra connectors, extra memory),

this new model provides the same main functions of Pro Vision 4K Solo at much lesser price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Dune HD Real Vision 4K
Dune HD Real Vision 4K

About other Dune-related news -- a new RTD1619DR-based Dune model with Dolby Vision support has been just launched:

Dune HD Real Vision 4K

It costs $199, which is cheaper than Zidoo Z9X (which is $229 at shop.zidoo.tv, $261 at futeko, 270 EUR at amazon.de).

For those users who do not need the HDD bay and other extra hardware features of Pro Vision 4K Solo (extra connectors, extra memory),

this new model provides the same main functions of Pro Vision 4K Solo at much lesser price.
Operating memory 2GB and Flash memory 16GB are half the size of Pro Vision memory specs...what does this mean in daily routines/performance? (My wife blocks the word Dune, but the price would make her happy ;-)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Operating memory 2GB and Flash memory 16GB are half the size of Pro Vision memory specs...what does this mean in daily routines/performance? (My wife blocks the word Dune, but the price would make her happy ;-)
[/ZITAT]
I don't think it means much because Zidoo z9x only has 2 GB of ram.

Also, Dune asked you to be patient with the new firmware.

"About other improvements and firmware updates -- work is still in progress, it takes a bit more time than expected, please expect news soon."

Reactions: compingharry

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think it means much because Zidoo z9x only has 2 GB of ram.

Also, Dune asked you to be patient with the new firmware.

"About other improvements and firmware updates -- work is still in progress, it takes a bit more time than expected, please expect news soon."
Patience with the new firmware, or absolutely not knowing what caused (micro) freezes in my environment/setup...As a first time user of Dune and Pro 4K Plus II, after ruling out probable causes in 5 months time (cables, USB2, USB3, LAN, WD My Book, Sandisk and Kingston Flashdrives) and at the same time Solo Lite (bought AFTER buying Pro4K Plus II as a test) working like a charm in 5 minutes without freezes (but with less picture quality and limited Control app )....I still wonder...is it something in TV menu settings? Does Auto Edid have issues with some older LED TV's? Was there something in the hardware itself that caused me to have "Bluray ISO with menu's" (micro) freezes? Why does Solo Lite (75,- euro/5,- transport) have no freezes? Why was there no dedicated HDMI cable in the Pro 4K Plus II box? When 3 sources (USB2/USB3/LAN) had the same behaviour, I did not want to spend more money testing an internal harddrive. 80,- Solo Lite and 40,- euro's insured returncost = 120,- euro's extra. Add the extra requested internal harddrive for testing purpose and I already would have spend more needlessly than Real Vision 4K would cost...

Do I like Dune products...Yes...Would I buy Dune again...Yes...Do I think there may be compatibility issues with older LED TV's...Yes...

461 - 480 of 796 Posts