AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Except I asked them in an email right after I placed the order if that model included a US power supply, and they assured me all their Dune products now include a US power supply.
Well this site:

clearly states:

Q: Power supply compatibility / PSU type? Dune HD Real Vision 4K ships with an external 12V 2A PSU suitable for 100-240V with plug adapters for Europe (Europlug), UK, US, and Australia.

Unsure if that's specific to the supplier.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not sure what happened, but the only proper thing is Dune should send me a new power cable with the set of adapters as promised. If they can't or won't do that, I will request a refund and return it and buy it from Futeko since it didn't include the promised components.

I really regret not buying from Futeko. And I would have had it in a couple days. I waited 3 weeks for my Dune to arrive and now I don't even have a power cord for it so it's been over a month since I ordered it and I still can't use it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Except I asked them in an email right after I placed the order if that model included a US power supply, and they assured me all their Dune products now include a US power supply.
Just checked in my Pro Vision box and I got a UK, EU, Aussie and a US adaptor. I'm in the UK and bought from Futeko.

Reactions: jerimiah

·
Registered
99 Posts
@markswift2003
So if I understand correctly, one of the main problem with the current FW of Dune is the resync between menu and movies? You cannot force the menu in 4k23p and at the same time having an auto resolution frame rate and dynamic range?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Dune HD Real Vision 4k was just released last month I believe.
From Hong Kong they do not ship with USA plug,my real vision and Pro 4k all came with the EU plug.
Only Max and Ultra models come with USA plug.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
@markswift2003
So if I understand correctly, one of the main problem with the current FW of Dune is the resync between menu and movies? You cannot force the menu in 4k23p and at the same time having an auto resolution frame rate and dynamic range?
Sort of.

Firstly, if for example you force LLDV output and set the GUI at 4K23 and then play 4K23 content, the HDMI needlessly resyncs despite the HDMI mode not changing - a problem if you have a display with a long resync time.

Also, because Dune insist on having a "maximum" refresh rate rather than a "GUI" refresh rate, if you set the GUI at 4K23 this means that you can't watch 4K60 content at 4K60 - it's forced to 4K23 which is bonkers.

·
Registered
711 Posts
From Hong Kong they do not ship with USA plug,my real vision and Pro 4k all came with the EU plug.
Only Max and Ultra models come with USA plug.

Then Dune lied to me. I specifically asked them if my order would come with a US plug. Their reply:

"All our new devices have US plug."

I just requested a return/refund, while I still can. Hopefully they don't give me a hard time about the return. I'll re-order from Futeko. Pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Then Dune lied to me. I specifically asked them if my order would come with a US plug. Their reply:

"All our new devices have US plug."

I just requested a return/refund, while I still can. Hopefully they don't give me a hard time about the return. I'll re-order from Futeko. Pretty ridiculous.
Dune on previous models,on their website, specifically mentioned that the unit comes with EU plug only,they do not have this message anymore.
But I am with you ,why send product to us with EU plug.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Still unsure what to do. I requested a return/refund from Dune, telling them I will rebuy it from Futeko, and they replied telling me I can buy any power cord and they will refund me. At this point I'd rather just send the thing back and make it easy on myself instead of stressing over which power supply to order from Amazon - they sell tons of them. Earlier I was told in here any 12v 2A supply will work, but then somebody posted a picture of the supply they were sent and it's 12v 1.2A MAX 3000mA. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Plus then I also have to make sure it comes with the right tip to plug into the player, and you never know if you're going to get the right thing when you order something like this from Amazon. For example, this one says in the description it's 12v, but the picture shows 9v. And it's $50, and I'm not sure the amp rating is right either.

I mentioned this one only because somebody mentioned that brand earlier. I only need a US supply. But it's a headache trying to find one that would work and then hope I get the right one and hope it works okay when I plug it in and doesn't fry the player.

I'd rather just get a refund and buy it from Futeko at this point and be sure I have the power supply it's supposed to come with. But it sounds like I'm going to have to argue with them some more if I want to press for a refund. This is why I don't like buying direct from manufacturers. It never works out for me. If this was easily ordered from Amazon and it had an issue like this I could sent it back no questions asked.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Still unsure what to do.
Maybe a local electronics store or a construction market could help you out? I also suspect not everbody gets the same HDMI cable. When @jerimiah informed about the HDMI cable @markswift2003 showed info on the HDMI cable he got...Cannot recall any QR codes here but as long as it works. I guess different departments in different countries do different things....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also, because Dune insist on having a "maximum" refresh rate rather than a "GUI" refresh rate, if you set the GUI at 4K23 this means that you can't watch 4K60 content at 4K60 - it's forced to 4K23 which is bonkers.
This is very annoying (and blocking for me as I want to purchase one to test it).
thanks for the info ;-)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got a (only) 2T WD red Pro (for the 5 years warranty) and I have to be 20 cm near to be able to hear it...
dB meter app on the phone, phone directly on top of the casing: just under 40 dB.
I think the difference with @3rdDegree is that his HDD is just WD Red, and yours is WD Red Pro. Reading your post I am considering WD Red Pro...(but will consider other options too since the price is 289,- euro's for 8TB)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Still unsure what to do. I requested a return/refund from Dune, telling them I will rebuy it from Futeko, and they replied telling me I can buy any power cord and they will refund me. At this point I'd rather just send the thing back and make it easy on myself instead of stressing over which power supply to order from Amazon - they sell tons of them. Earlier I was told in here any 12v 2A supply will work, but then somebody posted a picture of the supply they were sent and it's 12v 1.2A MAX 3000mA. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. Plus then I also have to make sure it comes with the right tip to plug into the player, and you never know if you're going to get the right thing when you order something like this from Amazon. For example, this one says in the description it's 12v, but the picture shows 9v. And it's $50, and I'm not sure the amp rating is right either.

I mentioned this one only because somebody mentioned that brand earlier. I only need a US supply. But it's a headache trying to find one that would work and then hope I get the right one and hope it works okay when I plug it in and doesn't fry the player.

I'd rather just get a refund and buy it from Futeko at this point and be sure I have the power supply it's supposed to come with. But it sounds like I'm going to have to argue with them some more if I want to press for a refund. This is why I don't like buying direct from manufacturers. It never works out for me. If this was easily ordered from Amazon and it had an issue like this I could sent it back no questions asked.
This should do the job fine:

Reactions: compingharry

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the difference with @3rdDegree is that his HDD is just WD Red, and yours is WD Red Pro. Reading your post I am considering WD Red Pro...(but will consider other options too since the price is 289,- euro's for 8TB)
It might be cheaper to buy an external desktop USB drive and remove it from the case. On Amazon UK you can get an 8TB Seagate external drive for £117 (135 euros). All HDD's are fast enough for streaming.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It might be cheaper to buy an external desktop USB drive and remove it from the case. On Amazon UK you can get an 8TB Seagate external drive for £117 (135 euros). All HDD's are fast enough for streaming.
I will make the safe choice or no choice at all...but thank you. NAS drives are made for less resonance and lower temperatures as far as I know...(I don't wanna risk hearing Pro Vision's Fan all the time 😂 )

701 - 720 of 798 Posts