AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
This should do the job fine:

I apprecite the link, but 1 review and it's by a company called "Super Terrific". That doesn't give me confidence. Another one I looked at had several hundred reviews but several customer images showed that the plug had melted, or one of the prongs ripped out after unplugging it. The "safety" information was riddled with typos and poor grammar too. I don't feel confident buying these random supplies from an unpronounceable fake company on Amazon.

I have no idea why Dune won't make this easy for me and either send me the same exact multi-adapter power supply everyone else gets, or grant me a return/refund. They obviously want me to keep the play but don't want to put the effort in themselves to fix the problem that they're responsible for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I apprecite the link, but 1 review and it's by a company called "Super Terrific". That doesn't give me confidence. Another one I looked at had several hundred reviews but several customer images showed that the plug had melted, or one of the prongs ripped out after unplugging it. The "safety" information was riddled with typos and poor grammar too. I don't feel confident buying these random supplies from an unpronounceable fake company on Amazon.

I have no idea why Dune won't make this easy for me and either send me the same exact multi-adapter power supply everyone else gets, or grant me a return/refund. They obviously want me to keep the play but don't want to put the effort in themselves to fix the problem that they're responsible for.
They should send you a new proper one not only for good PR reasons ... ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
They should send you a new proper one not only for good PR reasons ... ;)
Well I requested this morning for them to either send me the same power adapter that everyone else gets or please set up a return/refund. It really shouldn't be this much of an issue. As soon as I get the okay for the return, I can place an order through Futeko. But I do wonder what it will cost me to ship it back to them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I requested this morning for them to either send me the same power adapter that everyone else gets or please set up a return/refund. It really shouldn't be this much of an issue. As soon as I get the okay for the return, I can place an order through Futeko. But I do wonder what it will cost me to ship it back to them.
Why would you want to return the product, because of the plug?Come on, don't be a drama queen.Dune agreed to reimburse you if you buy USA plug yourself,maybe they will even send you proper one.I think Dune is doing great job to please their customers.
USA market is not a big market for Dune,look at USA Dune dealer,he still has Dune Solo 4k for sale, LoL

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
From Netherlands to Latvia (Letland): 25,- euro's uninsured, 40,- euro's insured...Better visit a local electro store or construction market for the plug. So unless you are living completely off the grid and in the wild, I would reconsider the advise from fellow forum members....:oops: @markswift2003 does not give bad advice...(It would be kinda strange not to find an American power supply in America...)

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you want use DV and make your life simple, and LLDV is expected to be the used DV format in the near future...Is it fair to say...get a HDFury which fools every format to LLDV, buy a DV TV and be done with it? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

I do know exactly what you mean about "Super Terrific" etc :) but..

Thing is, check the power supply for any piece of consumer electronics and you'll find it's made in China - most companies don't even bother to rebadge them.

If you find an advert with perfect English from a so called reputable source all it means is they bought the same power supplies from the same Chinese manufacturer, imported them and add a hefty premium on top for the privilege - at least if you buy from source, or as close as, you're not paying that premium.

The only power supplies I'd be wary of are the knock offs - for example, fake Apple chargers, where the original is hugely over engineered to squish a switched mode supply into a tiny package - in cases like that, if not designed well, problems can arise - any money used in R&D goes into how to fake it rather than the electronics.

Switched mode power supplies are a mature tech and easy to manufacture - I've got hundreds of the things and the only one I ever had a problem with was a genuine Netgear that came with a network switch that melted (and that was wire wound, not switched mode).

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If you want use DV and make your life simple, and LLDV is expected to be the used DV format in the near future...Is it fair to say...get a HDFury which fools every format to LLDV, buy a DV TV and be done with it? Or am I missing something?
If you've got a DV TV you don't need to buy an HDFury...

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you've got a DV TV you don't need to buy an HDFury...
My Basic Training might be ready. My Advanced Training is not ;) So, to make life comfortable I need Z9x and Pro Vision to spit out LLDV, and (in the near future) buy a screen that is capable of Standard DV and LLDV. In that case, other formats can be "transformed" to LLDV which for the average user is just as good as HDR10+ and Standard DV...Then I would have to check if Z9x and Pro Vision both can do that...(is Pro Vision already that far with fw...?) Feels like I am back in school...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My Basic Training might be ready. My Advanced Training is not ;) So, to make life comfortable I need Z9x and Pro Vision to spit out LLDV, and (in the near future) buy a screen that is capable of Standard DV and LLDV. In that case, other formats can be "transformed" to LLDV which for the average user is just as good as HDR10+ and Standard DV...Then I would have to check if Z9x and Pro Vision both can do that...(is Pro Vision already that far with fw...?) Feels like I am back in school...
Yes, that about sums it up...

Both Z9X and Pro Vision can spit out permanent LLDV.

Reactions: compingharry

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
What I don't understand is that the player should send LLDV to my television (Sony KD48A9). If I set the player to DV, I have no picture...🤔
I assume from what you say that your Sony supports LLDV only - so in that case you need to configure the box for LLDV (Player Led) and not Standard DV (TV Led).

Reactions: Glarioo

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just ordered WD Red Pro 8TB to get Star Trek in the box...together with Sandisk/Kingston Flashdrives, an external HDD in case that should still be needed , and SMB with a Windows 10 computer I think I came a long way from totally ignorant december 2020 with WD TV Live to a little smarter with the help from Forum Members. Special thanks are in order for @markswift2003, @Sledgehamma and @Tsunamijhoe...and of coarse everyone else who helped me with big or little problems...(I try to finish my Advanced Training now...;) )

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
It must be something like that but on the Sony website it says: HDR (HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE) COMPATIBILITY Yes (HDR10,HLG,Dolby Vision)

Would be nice to know which TV's really use LLDV and Standard DV....Dolby Vision as a marketing term could be misleading, especially for people who (now :geek:) know about LLDV and Standard DV. Reading stuff about LG and the "old" Sony's makes we wonder if there are still new TV's that f*ck up and do not deliver on the specs they are advertising...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to side load android apk files, I tried to find a user manual but only came up with a 3 page document on the Dune website.

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
168 Posts
@markswift2003 Are you bored yet? :) ("If I get bored one day I might work out a matrix for all of this, but don't hold your breath ;)" ) EDIT: I am just reading you are busy doing it right now. (Thanks again !) I thought of making a sort of diagram (road to nowhere in my case?) myself. And @vadergr said:
Instead of providing so many options, not familiar to the majority of owners, it would be easier (for the end user) to just select the type of the display. For example:

1. 1080p
  2. 4K SDR
  3. 4K HDR10
  4. 4K HDR10/HDR10+/DV
  5. 4K HDR10/DV
Would that be a clever thought for programmers at Zidoo and Dune?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
@markswift2003 Are you bored yet? :) ("If I get bored one day I might work out a matrix for all of this, but don't hold your breath ;)" ) EDIT: I am just reading you are busy doing it right now. (Thanks again !) I thought of making a sort of diagram (road to nowhere in my case?) myself. And @vadergr said:
Instead of providing so many options, not familiar to the majority of owners, it would be easier (for the end user) to just select the type of the display. For example:

1. 1080p
  2. 4K SDR
  3. 4K HDR10
  4. 4K HDR10/HDR10+/DV
  5. 4K HDR10/DV
Would that be a clever thought for programmers at Zidoo and Dune?
Thing is you can already do that in HDMI and HDR settings. The EDID is something else entirely and although HDR modes can be controlled through EDID as well, so can a lot of other things - audio, VICs, bandwidth etc. So it's a very powerful tool.

• 1080p (set resolution to 1080p)
  • 4K SDR (set resolution to 4K and HDR to SDR Rec.709 Limited)
  • 4K HDR10 (set resolution to 4K and HDR to Mapping HDR10)
  • 4K HDR10/HDR10+/DV (set resolution to 4K and HDR to Auto)
  • 4K HDR10/DV (no reason to omit HDR10+ content)

By the way, I'm sure you've already seen it, but for those who haven't, here's that matrix:

·
Registered
168 Posts
By the way, I'm sure you've already seen it, but for those who haven't, here's that matrix:

I had not seen it yet...Thank you...I am trying to get the scattered info in one place ....Maybe a short question...Why would I need HDMI 2.1...(Is it just a theoretical use, or will users be glad to have this in the near future? Mostly the information is hidden in questions and stories....)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I had not seen it yet...Thank you...I am trying to get the scattered info in one place ....Maybe a short question...Why would I need HDMI 2.1...(Is it just a theoretical use, or will users be glad to have this in the near future? Mostly the information is hidden in questions and stories....)
The headline use for HDMI 2.1 is 8K (the spec allows up to 10K120), so I wouldn't worry about it.

721 - 740 of 798 Posts