AVS Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow - not sure if Dune are doing this just for old time's sake, but the frame rate for 23.976 12-bit 422 is still exactly 24Hz which is kind of important as that's the default for 12-bit.

Easy workaround, just use 4K23 10-bit 444 (which you should do anyway) but it's still poor coding. Also the confirmation dialogue tells you it's 8-bit when it's really 12 (presumably this is due to the old static bandwidth issue at 422, but again, sloppy coding).
Are you measuring the output of the Dune directly or is this the output of a receiver it's connected to that you assume is passing the signal through?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Are you measuring the output of the Dune directly or is this the output of a receiver it's connected to that you assume is passing the signal through?
Measured on a Vertex 2 connected directly to the Dune. Full Results:

This will lead to a frame repeat every 42s.

This is unlike previous problems on older models where frame rates were slightly off. In this case it's a discrete level - ie 24.000 so my feeling it's a programming error rather than a SOC issue.

If it is a SOC issue then I doubt it's intrinsic, so in both cases, fixable.

As I said, the workaround is easy but 4:2:2 is the default sub sampling form at 4K23 12-bit, so if you don't change settings and the EDID dictates, you're going to see frame repeats.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have 1816 movies in my collection as reported by Zappiti. According to MyCollection I have 1816 files but only 1803 movies. Any ideas why it is failing to identify these 13 files as movies?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm a proud new owner of a Realbox and I'm in the process of setting it up. In the initial configuration process, I selected the option of having the player determine the proper framerate before playing a clip. I now realize that I should have selected the other option as there is a delay before the clip starts to play. Does anyone know where, in the Dune Setup options, I can change my preference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Have read all 184 posts with interest (thoughuch of it has gone over my head as i'm new to this).

Was hoping for some help please.

I have a lot of old DVD'S ripped to .VOB files VIDEO_TS etc and would like to keep menu's and avoid file conversion if possible.

Is the Dune a good choice to stream these files (around 5TB) ro my LG TV via a NAS or Hard Drive via USB? What would be my best option? That's literally all i would need it for. Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So it seems with certain releases, the Realbox still enables subtitles by default and will display onscreen chapter graphic during playback. It doesnt show up at every chapter but about 1/3 of every chapter the onscreen graphic shows up for about 5 seconds or so.

Years old defects affecting 4k ISO and BDMV folder playback... is the PRO II any better? Seems to be on a newer firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a problem with both of my players (Realbox 4k and Pro 4k II).

I play mostly mp4 and mkv files. If some thing happens where playback is stopped in the middle of a movie (I hit the wrong button for example) I'm not able to resume where I left off without the audio being out of sync. FF always puts the audio out of sync too. I noticed their manual says the 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. buttons are supposed to start playback at 10%, 20%, 30%, etc. from the beginning of the file but that doesn't work for me. And P+ doesn't advance 10 minutes like the online manual states. What's the best way to resume playback at a given position in a video file? Or, is there a way to force the audio to resync during playback?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi there,

Have read all 184 posts with interest (thoughuch of it has gone over my head as i'm new to this).

Was hoping for some help please.

I have a lot of old DVD'S ripped to .VOB files VIDEO_TS etc and would like to keep menu's and avoid file conversion if possible.

Is the Dune a good choice to stream these files (around 5TB) ro my LG TV via a NAS or Hard Drive via USB? What would be my best option? That's literally all i would need it for. Appreciate any suggestions.
The player does a great job playing VIDEO_TS folder structure with menu support.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!

it hurts a little for me that no one mentions in a word the reason for the price drop. In the description, the device is advertised with 2GB of ram. Well, in reality, this is not the case. Installed RAM: 1.5GB Total memory: 1230 MB Free memory: 512MB I got this data with AIDA64, Total memory on Android 1.2GB free: 623MB So what do you say to this, like this do you have it or just me? Nevertheless, the player is pretty good, I think they will still polish it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys,
i read all messages here and did not find anyone reporting two problems I have:
1. my new realbox 4k does not do zoom of movies properly. When I use "custom" zoom option and try to enlarge with "right arrow", it stretches vertically, but leaves horizontal size as original, thus the picture is with wrong aspect ratio (aspect correction does not compensate either - it only compensates vertical stretch). "Full screen" zoom also stretches vertical size only (not horizontal), "enlarge" work the same -stretches vertical. In other words, I cannot get rid of the black lines on the movie by enlarging the picture. It is always getting stretched vertically!
2. no audio sync option. if audio is delayed or is ahead, i have no way to compensate.

My Dune Smart D1 could do all that no prob.

Any ideas? Any setting I am missing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
has anyone here managed to do this successfully? Access to MyMovies described here: Dune Firmware Zone / My Collection

Download and install the following plugin (press ENTER on the ZIP filein file browser on Dune HD media player): http: //dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/dune_plugin_my_collection_dump.v2.2.zip
Determine the IP address of your Dune HD media player (see 'Setup / Information') and open the following page in web browser on a PC: DUNE_IP / cgi-bin / plugins / my_collection_dump / do
If the collection is big, you may need to wait some time (e.g. 30-60 sec).
You will see a table listing all indexed files and corresponding file-movie associations.This table can be browsed / sorted and exported as CSV or XLSX file (that can be opened for example in Excel) or JSON file.

I did it according to the instructions, but I don't get any real access to open a list for example for Excel. This is all I get:

This is what I put as Browser adress http://192.168.178.62/cgi-bin/plugins/my_collection_dump/do

anything wrong?

Joelli

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is still not showing as official on the Dune firmware page. I wonder what changes it brings and also whether the promised improvements to MyCollection will trickle down to this model.
Well, please install this firmware on your box and tell us about the changes.
I do not have this model,so can not comment much,but I know there are few changes:
Forced subtitles fixed,power off ,there is more info during playback,SMB server added and bunch of other stuff

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
973 Posts
Well, please install this firmware on your box and tell us about the changes.
I do not have this model,so can not comment much,but I know there are few changes:
Forced subtitles fixed,power off ,there is more info during playback,SMB server added and bunch of other stuff

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
I'm in no hurry I will wait for the official.

Out of interest where did you get it from?

181 - 197 of 197 Posts