AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Also another "quirk" Certain items in the Developer's menu do not "stick" ie wifi hotspot, TrueHD to HD sound conversion all revert I think after putting the box into standby.

You have to go back into Setup- Android settings... and re-engage them
Neither feature is supported in the Dune shell in the Realbox. Remains to be seen if they are supported in the Pro II...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Neither feature is supported in the Dune shell in the Realbox. Remains to be seen if they are supported in the Pro II...

I have got both the hotspot and the hd to sd sound working on mine! Settings, Android Settings scroll down to Developer Functions or similar press "enter" scroll down through the options

The hotspot moves the ip address onto another subnet a bit like a travel router. You cannot get into the O/S to configure the behavior. This is "locked down"

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello, I own a Realbox and Pro 4K II. Can anyone tell me the best way to group movie box sets in "My Collection"? The Zidoo has a feature that groups movies into a collection but I'm not seeing it on the new Dune players. Am I just missing something simple? Thanks.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hello, I own a Realbox and Pro 4K II. Can anyone tell me the best way to group movie box sets in "My Collection"? The Zidoo has a feature that groups movies into a collection but I'm not seeing it on the new Dune players. Am I just missing something simple? Thanks.
Nope you are not missing anything unfortunately, there is no grouping function ala Zidoo or Zappiti. You could use a third party solution like yadis.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nope you are not missing anything unfortunately, there is no grouping function ala Zidoo or Zappiti. You could use a third party solution like yadis.
I installed yaDIS but I don't see how you group movies into a box set. Maybe I downloaded the wrong version? I'm using 2.3. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I've got it. It's Sagas... Not super intuitive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all

I am new user of Realbox and have two questions:

Why cant I see my Windows 10 2004 version PC in Network Browser? I can see my work computer, which has lower version of Windows 10, so maybe some setting in 2004? Now I am using IP to connect to shared drives.

It seems to me that anytime I disconnect shared USB drive and connect some other, while Realbox is powered on, it then hangs up when I try to access newly connected USB shared drive. So I have to disconnect DUNE from power and reconnect, then it boots up and recognizes the drive... Is there any way to solve this?

Thx for help.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Where does one purchase a Realbox in the USA? Or does it have to be ordered directly from Dune? (they are sold out currently)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Where does one purchase a Realbox in the USA? Or does it have to be ordered directly from Dune? (they are sold out currently)
Futeko here in the UK ship worldwide for free.

Although they're out of stock at the moment too, service is excellent and if you email Simon there I'm sure he'll give you an idea when they expect the next delivery.

Reactions: tightrope

·
Registered
554 Posts
Futeko here in the UK ship worldwide for free.

Although they're out of stock at the moment too, service is excellent and if you email Simon there I'm sure he'll give you an idea when they expect the next delivery.
Thanks for the info, I reached out to Futeko and they should receive more Realboxes in about 3 weeks. Can't wait to get mine!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks for the info, I reached out to Futeko and they should receive more Realboxes in about 3 weeks. Can't wait to get mine!
Got to be honest, after initial teething problems (mostly due to my tinkering it must be said!), I've found the Realbox to be a great little device.

I can honestly see no advantage in going for the Pro II over the Realbox and in fact the Pro II has some chroma decoding issues that the Realbox doesn't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having had all manner of media players in the past, Dune, Mede8er, Zappiti, Zidoo, Egreat, Vero4K+ ....
The one thing I want from a player is to have Forced Subtitles work automatically for Blu Ray 2D and 3D. Does this player play Forced subtitles without manual intervention?
This is the deal breaker for most people looking to buy a media player I think......well it is for me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Having had all manner of media players in the past, Dune, Zappiti, Zidoo, Egreat, Vero4K+ ....
The one thing I want from a player is to have Forced Subtitles work automatically for Blu Ray 2D and 3D. Does this player play Forced subtitles without manual intervention?
This is the deal breaker for most people looking to buy a media player I think......well it is for me.
Mixed results. Some worked others didn’t. Fine with mkv’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mixed results. Some worked others didn’t. Fine with mkv’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mmm...will hold off until this defo works - most players can play the forced subtitles via mkv (as you say) the icing on the cake is to have them working consistently when playing an iso image.....time will tell...

·
Registered
973 Posts
New beta firmware, 2300, out for the Realbox. They haven’t forgotten about us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Change log:
”New feature: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness" setting which
allows choosing the desired brightness of the information shown on the
front panel display, or switch off the display completely.
- NOTE: This setting takes effect only after the player starts.

- Improvement: Improved support for very high bitrate (200Mbit/s and more)
video files.

- Improvement: Added experimental optimizations to make video playback more
smooth in Android applications. Currently used for YouTube and some other
selected applications.

- Bugfix: Specific ISO files could not be played.

- Bugfix: Playback could hang in specific rare cases (e.g. when playing
specific MKV file with internal SRT subtitle and external SRT subtitle).

- Bugfix: The setting for disabling HD audio did not work in some specific
cases.

- Bugfix: ZOOM setting was not correctly remembered.

- Bugfix: When using virtual mouse, left mouse click by pressing "ENTER"
button did not work in some cases.

- Bugfix: Improved stability of firmware updates downloading in case of
problems with Internet connection.

- Bugfix: Pressing "INFO" RCU button in "Setup / Information" screen could
cause a crash.

- Minor changes in the list of preinstalled applications.

- Minor other fixes and improvements."

My hope was for something'better'..
Let's say Netflix support
I am disappointed:cautious::censored:

·
Registered
381 Posts
New feature: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness" setting which

Did anyone manage to locate the option above?

·
Registered
92 Posts
New feature: Added "Setup / Misc / Display / Brightness" setting which

Did anyone manage to locate the option above?
Νο.....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like the way the power LED goes into Frisco Disco mode when you update ;)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Wow - not sure if Dune are doing this just for old time's sake, but the frame rate for 23.976 12-bit 422 is still exactly 24Hz which is kind of important as that's the default for 12-bit.

Easy workaround, just use 4K23 10-bit 444 (which you should do anyway) but it's still poor coding. Also the confirmation dialogue tells you it's 8-bit when it's really 12 (presumably this is due to the old static bandwidth issue at 422, but again, sloppy coding).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have old DUNE H1 with hard disk inside. My Windows PC can access files on this HDD over home network.
Also I have new Dune RealBox 4K and it can not access files on old Dune HDD.
I think this is because old DUNE uses SMBv1 protocol. How can I enable SMBv1 on new RealBox 4K?
Maybe there are some other ways to access files on old Dune HDD from new Dune?

Thanks

161 - 180 of 197 Posts