AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am thinking of ordering a Dune HD Smart D1 or H1 box tomorrow. I have a few questions before I place my order. Currently I have a Boxee Box that I am not too happy with (audio dropouts).

1. If I run/install Zappiti or MyMovies, do I need to keep my Windows 7 pc on all the time to use these programs or are they just to setup the movies database file. Can the database file be copied onto the NAS share and accessed from there leaving me free to turn the PC off?

2. Has anyone tried the iPad app for MyMovies? Was it useful or not worth bothering with? Can you start playback of the movie from the iPad and control pause/start functions etc? Does my pc need to remain on to use the app?

3. I can't seem to figure the difference between the two boxes (Dune Smart D1 or H1). They both appear to have the same specs. The H1 is 10 dollars more expensive than the D1. Other than the cost, what is the difference?

Sorry for all the questions but reading through tons of threads/posts has only confused me even more. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bleeker

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeker /forum/post/20769617

Hi. I am thinking of ordering a Dune HD Smart D1 or H1 box tomorrow. I have a few questions before I place my order. Currently I have a Boxee Box that I am not too happy with (audio dropouts).

1. If I run/install Zappiti or MyMovies, do I need to keep my Windows 7 pc on all the time to use these programs or are they just to setup the movies database file. Can the database file be copied onto the NAS share and accessed from there leaving me free to turn the PC off?

2. Has anyone tried the iPad app for MyMovies? Was it useful or not worth bothering with? Can you start playback of the movie from the iPad and control pause/start functions etc? Does my pc need to remain on to use the app?

3. I can't seem to figure the difference between the two boxes (Dune Smart D1 or H1). They both appear to have the same specs. The H1 is 10 dollars more expensive than the D1. Other than the cost, what is the difference?

Sorry for all the questions but reading through tons of threads/posts has only confused me even more. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bleeker

1. The Zappiti database is exported to your NAS. Your computer only needs to be on when updating the database.

2. Unfamiliar with MyMovies. I use Zappiti and a universal remote.

3. The D1 has a digital display on the front while the H1 has a drive bay instead. You can put a hardrive in either but you have to open the box on the D1 to do it.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeker /forum/post/20769617

Bleeker

The ipad app for mymovies does what you are looking for and works well. no pc needs to be on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.