AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding that you would lose some small PQ due to re-encoding. Am I correct? I tested this and it seemed it might be the case but I would like more expertise /explanation. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
use DVD Decrypter to extract an ISO and the same program to reburn the ISO to a blank.

there is zero, zip, zilch, no, none, nada re-encoding nor quality loss.

Bit-for-bit copy.

A clone.

(gawd.. I feel like a dead parrot is next in line)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using DVDXCopy which is sold at Best Buy. Does that not do the same? Thanks. Is your avatar yourself? Looks great.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
DVD X Copy does (similar) things... but costs money :)

DVDDecrypter is free and does it a LOT faster.

Er.... never watched much MST3K I guess huh??

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Also, DVDXCopy tacks on their warning message to the beginning of DVD copies. DVDDecrypter does an exact copy.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
TMPGenc DVD Author will also do an exact lossless copy from a source DVD-R as well and will let you change the menus without re-encoding if you desire. 30 day free trial (fully functional). DVD Decrypter is less functional from an authoring standpoint (its just a ripper and iso image maker) but if you just need to rip and burn copies the price is right.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Actually, Londo is Dr. Clayton Forrester's not quite as evil twin!!!

Londo, LOVE MST3K, especially the older ones with Joel...I have every episode up until they went to SCI-FI and Joel left. Then I just recorded the actual 'sci-fi' type movies...they ran a LOT of crap toward the end.

For xmas I want either the Panny E80 or E100 or possible the new Pioneer 810H or 57H depending on how the reviews are once they hit the streets.

Then, it's MST3K to DVD time!!!! Most all of my tapes are of excellent quality (for VHS and SVHS tape). And most of the first few seasons were recorded from C Band dish (big dish)...quality is very good.

Glad to see another Trace lover!

john...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
John!!!

Check you PM's

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is MST3K? I know I have more than likely seen the video but the acronym escapes me. That avatar is small.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mystery Science Theatre 3000 perhaps?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
send me a dvd. Never heard of it.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
until they went to SCI-FI and Joel left
Joel left well before they went to SCI-FI while they were still at Comedy Central (Season 5, Episode 512, "Mitchell" , 10/23/93) They went to SCI-FI during Season 8 in 1997. Here's a good fan site link:

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

Call me obsessed

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just use Roxio Toast's "Copy Disc" function and if there's no copy protection on the DVD, it copies it perfectly-ejects disc-you insert blank DVDR-burn copy.

I dont have my E80 yet, but I have copied discs from other set-top recorders (DVD-R/DVD+R) and no problems ever using that method.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.