AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been asked before. I did a search and didn't really find anything on the LT150. The manual doesn't say anything about it either...

1. Does the LT150 have dust filters in its ventilation vents?

2. If so, how do you check if they are dirty?

3. How do you clean them?

I'm just worried that dust will eventually build up inside my projector despite efforts to keep the area/room clean.

Tnx - Sonny B.

·
Registered
375 Posts
sonnyb,

1. no intake filters are employed

2. see number 1 above

3. see number 2 above

The only "cleanable" filters are on the bulb assembly. Unlike the ultrafine screens used on the LP350 bulb assembly, the explosion screens on the LT150 bulb are very coarse. By the time they would need to be cleaned, the bulb will be expired http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

BTW, I can see why one of the reasons the 350 bulbs are prematurely failing all over the place; the damn things can't breathe thru the fine screens and glass explosion shield (choke, choke).

Thump

·
Registered
375 Posts
FYI,

The DMD chamber is almost completely sealed on the LT150. The only problem areas for dust are the lamp explosion shield, the colorwheel, the aperture leading to the integrator rod (supplies beam to the DMD chamber) and of course, the outside of the lens.

Thump

·
Registered
375 Posts
Leckian,

The point I was trying to make is the explosion screens on the LP350 bulb are IMO too fine. Much finer than is really nessacary to contain exploding lamp fragments and keep them from damaging the unit. It is so fine I believe they recommend cleaning em' to keep up the air flow on the bulb inside the reflector assembly. IMHO it was simply just a poor engineering selection http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

The explosion screens on the 150 lamp (and many others BTW) are much more coarse, maybe by a size factor of 10 or more making air flow restriction much less of an issue (particularly when used in combination with the high volume/low pressure boxer type cooling fans used on almost all these PJs).

Thump

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thump-

You may be correct in your statement-I no longer own a LP340/350 to investigate for myself. Anyway my response was only a followup to let owners know they did not have sit helplessly and wait for their lamp to explode.

Cheers-

Lenny Eckian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.