AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that JVC projectors have a sealed light path. Just wondering if that completely rules out dust blobs or minimizes the chances of getting them a good bit. Have not read about anyone getting them on JVC projectors but just curious.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
The JVCs don't exactly have a sealed light path. There is still a filter that must be cleaned occasionally. That said, the design makes it very unlikely for dust to be an issue. I have heard of one or two cases of dust getting into the light engine but those cases were described as dealing with defective components, so I don't they involved design issues. I don't worry about dust at all.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
It seems to me I read a post or three about dust blobs in a JVC and that they were very easy to blow-out, as opposed to LCDs where a tiny spec gets-in/on to an LCD panel and they are hard to get at.

Looking for JVC owners to confirm or deny this as I'm thinking of the JVC for my next PJ, and dust blobs are an issue for me.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commoncents /forum/post/19513618

how about cleaning the exterior of the lens? any lens cleaning cloth or something special?

You can have a major booger on the exterior of the lens and it won't affect PQ because it's not in the focus plane of the projector. Might impact light output somewhat, but I doubt you could see it onscreen. In any case, assuming a high quality glass lens you can clean it like any other fine optics i.e. lens cleaning fluid and tissue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts