AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing about dust blobs in the Z1. Is there a way to get rid of them. Is this a fairly minor or major problem?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Whether it is minor or major depends on your technical abilities I suppose.

There are many threads regarding cleaning LCD panels.

IMO ... it isn't a big deal.

However, I have heard of a couple instances where users have caught their projectors in flames using certain types of canned air while the projector is hot.

In any case, do a search on LCD cleaning. Shouldn't be difficult ... especially on the Z1 where it's cover is easily removed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, is it as simple as just blowing out the dust with compressed air? It seems as though I've heard dust blobs are the problem with the Z1. If all you have to do is blow them out, that's no biggy. Does anyone else have info on this? Any major concerns with dust blobs? I'm going to search more, but if people have more knowledge, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recall some advice being posted here ot use a product called ReAir, which is actually a pump system that allows you to blow real air. Most of the other "canned air" products on the market actually contain propellants or other substances, and these can, apparently, catch fire or leave a residue. Other than this caveat, people have stated that it's easy to clean out the panels in the Z1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.