AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what appeared to be a stain on my screen, but as I zoomed in and out, the stain moved according to the projector and not the screen. I cleaned the lens with professional optics liquid and paper, but the blotch is still there. Any suggestions for removing the blotch? Is it most likely dust on the panel?

Thanks

Very sad :-(

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have not yet had any problem in that area with my S3, knock on wood... But I have heard of a sample of an S3 here in Sweden provided to a journalist for review that "suddenly" showed a hair in the optical path. We were very puzzled about this since the optics itself is supposed to be sealed.

Maybe there is some way that dust/hairs can enter the optical path - I would get it checked by your retailer.

On another note - have you noticed that the picture gets grainy, specifically noticeable in dark scenes and especially over component? I run my S3 with a SDI modified Meridian 598 via LumagenVision Pro HDP over DVI. The PJ is calibrated with Colorfacts (using both AVIA and DVE), and I use a 110" Stewart Firehawk as screen. I can notice the grainy pic both over DVI and Component, which is not noted on a Yamaha DPX-1100 when compared side by side.

cheers

/Par

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dust blobs enters sealed light paths as well. What the sealed light path does is DELAY this phenomenon greatly. If you are handy you can open the projector and use a vacuum cleaner very carefully at the problematic spots (Since the lightpath is sealed you must use a screwdriver to open parts of the lightengine).

I can really recommend this procedure as you can clean out dust (which lowers the temperature of the projector). But ONLY if you feel comfortable disassembling your PJ. Otherwise turn it into a professional.

I can report a succesful clean and PQ improvement on Sim2 HT300Plus.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Par; I have no graininess at all. Very smooth picture.

Frederik; thanks for the suggestion, I may try opening it up and using a dust blower. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.