AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing around my condo that I seem to have a large amount of dust collecting on surfaces. I really noticed it when I took my computer out to install a new video card, I had never seen the inside of the case so dusty before. It didn't seem like normal dust it was very fine. This has gotten me kind of worried, as I am going to be getting a LDP set very soon and I have heard that they are fairly open on top. I am concerned about dust collecting inside it as well as my other electronic equipment. Our main room has a cathedral ceiling and is about 600sqft. This brings me to my question, besides using good HEPA filters in our furnace, does anyone use a secondary air purifier/dust collector. What unit do you use and how well does it work. Thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
581 Posts
Jay,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. The last home I lived in seemed to just produce dust constantly. I vowed that as soon as we bought a new home and I had a stand alone HT/Music room I would buy a big fat hepa filter from Sears and place it in that room and run it all the time unless someone is using the room. I still plan to do that, looking at a new home now. I think any good sized hepa filter should do the trick and Sears has some pretty darn good ones, so does Lowes. I know this isn't much help but I know how you feel.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have been looking online for some, but I am kind of leary to by one site unseen. I didn't even think of looking for them at Sears or Lowes. I will have to go and check them out this weekend.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.