AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was extremely happy with my original refurb vt540 till green dust specs and blothches started appearing, alongwith a strange distortion in the top portion of the image. Since then I have received 4, repeat four, replacement projectors from NEC under instacare. Sadly, each and every one of them has been plagued by either dust specs or blobs; right out of the box. NEC even sent me a projector from one of the US service centers, thinking poor quality control in the Canadian warehouse might be the issue.

Although the current projector is far better, still I can clearly see 5-6 greenish specs; one of them right in the center of the image.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now. Is there a possibility that NEC would agree to replace my vt540 with a LT150? What other options do I have? Will greatly appreciate some advice.

MAK

·
Registered
423 Posts
Vacuum, vacuum, and vacuum again. Both through the filters and after removing them. Took me three or four tries but I did finally get all the dust blobs out of my VT540. It's been pristine for the last few months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.