AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, This past saturday I installed duvetyne in my 51swz and it was a piece of cake as far the installation went.

When I had finished and was doing the final clean up, I noticed at the top upper left corner of my mirror, a crack "ouch".

I was useing a electric staple gun that hit pretty hard on to the particle board. I also elected to staple the cloth right on to the mirror framing which in hindsite was a bad idea. I bought the tape to border my mirror and did not use it.

Just a word to the wise. Be very careful and think your job out before start.

I can not see any ill effects and I have watched "Virtical Limit" which has some very bright scenes in it.

Just thought I would pass this along for those who are considering "duvetyne". BTW, it really made a difference, BLACKS are BLACK and color seems to be more vivid.

ISF cal. is scheduled for this Sat.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's quite possible the crack is in an unused portion of the mirror. You could probably tape it off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Dammit!
It's quite possible the crack is in an unused portion of the mirror. You could probably tape it off.
Yes Dammit!:D I, believe you are correct...It's about two inches out of the corner. I have looked for signs on my screen but haven't seen anything. Hope I got away with one this time.:D

Man... I ordered 4yds of duve. Have enough left over to do another 51" and probably start on another. I'm gonna give the remainder to the calibrater Sat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also ordered 4 yards to do my 51" Hitachi and had 2.5 yards left. For those who are considering doing it (which I highly recommend!) - if you don't make any big mistakes, 2 yards of fabric and 5 yards of tape is all that is required.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.