AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Duvetyne lining in my Hitachi 51F500 today. I also removed the lenses and cleaned out the dust and lint with one of those air cans from Radio Shack. Overall, I would say the project was very successful. The black levels are very improved and the halos/reflections across the screen are gone (tested with the green cursor in the upper-left corner in the opening scene of the Matrix there used to be a big halo of green in the center of screen and now it is gone!)

My big question now is whether I could have done something to change the convergence? It is noticably off in several places now... Is it normal to have to reset convergence after these procedures? I was very careful when removing/replacing the lenses and I kept the auto-focus sensors free and unblocked by the duve... I just want to make sure I didn't hose something up before I screw everything back on and get to work on the convergence...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Applying the duvetyn shouldn't have an effect on the convergence. Besides, after all that, you should do a mechanical focus, and rebuild the convergence from the service menu.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.