AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to troubleshoot a DVA issue and want to eliminate my network (card problems, router problems, cabling problems) by running a crossover cable temporarily between the computer with DVA and the RTV. I am getting this message in DVA Error Log after connecting the 2 machines directly:

Unable to fetch details for 192.168.1.200:80 --- No route to host

(NOTE: 192.168.1.200 is the static IP for the RTV).

Do I need to change some settings somewhere to allow the CrossOver to work?

Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like your PC doesn't have an IP address in the 192.168.1.x subnet. (That's why it thinks it needs a route to that network.)

I would think that one possible cause for this would be that you are set for DHCP on the PC and it cannot see a DHCP server since the only network it knows about is the crossover cable and there is no DHCP server there.

If you are using Win9x, run winipcfg and you should see the IP address that the PC has. If you are running NT, 2000 or XP, get a DOS prompt and run ipconfig to get the same info.

If you do not have a static address in that range, then just go into your network settings and assign yourself an address in the 192.168.1.x subnet range, and try again.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply...

That's exactly what the problem was! I ran ipconfig on the pc and the pc was congfiured to 192.168.1.102. But when checking the TCP/IP settings I found it was DHCP, not static.

I changed the settings to static and the cross-over works fine.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.