AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is a DVA problem, a java problem or a problem with XP, but I can't run DVA for more than a few days without running into low memory problems. I run it on two different XP machines, one an Intel the other an AMD. The intel machine is my main PC and seems to exhibit the problem more often, though it could be I just notice it more because I use it more often.

Usually, after a few days, the memory usage goes from ~40M to 90M+, and the "low memory" warning message shows up, slowing everything to a crawl and requiring a restart of DVA. I have the memory set to 128M and eliminated unused channels for a total of 147. I use 12 days of listings. I haven't tried decreasing the number of days, and hoped I wouldn't have too. Is there anything else I can do?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Generally when this happens to me, it's because the list of channels has been hosed and DVArchive is processing all channels again. It can happen without you realizing it.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777

Usually, after a few days, the memory usage goes from ~40M to 90M+, and the "low memory" warning message shows up, slowing everything to a crawl and requiring a restart of DVA. I have the memory set to 128M and eliminated unused channels for a total of 147. I use 12 days of listings. I haven't tried decreasing the number of days, and hoped I wouldn't have too. Is there anything else I can do?
Gerry suggests:

> > > Small Memory Leak in the TV Guide Perserver *AND* Workaround

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.