AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been discussed before but ever since I added several photo's in the photo partition on my 5040, DVArchive takes over 5 min to gather all the info of my ReplayTV before it will display anthing on my computer. Is this normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions but I've looked at replaytvfaq.com and came up empty handed. I've looked under Photo Viewer, Hacks, and under General and nothing jumped out at me. Also, ever since this slowness seemed to occure, I've noticed once it does finally connect, I can no longer access my computer from the replay anymore.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
On the first question... Gerry himself commented on this when the additions of the photo stuff came online.

His comments were something to the effect of... The replay is slow to show up because of parsing the photo partition.

The more pictures you have in the partition the longer it would take for the replayTV to show up in the DVAExplorer.

Dumb question time:

Are you sure DVA Server is running? Green light in lower right?

Other than that I have no idea on what's going on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My DVA takes about 6-7 minutes before it recognizes my RTV which has 2Gig partitioned for pictures and I have about 400 photos stored.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. That is unfortune that adding the photo's slows down the initial load time that much.

To answer your question, what I do notice is when it finally comes up with all the listed shows on the replay, the server light is red. I can select "make server active" but it does nothing. When I access a show on the replay though, it turns green and stays that way from then on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by phlegmer
Thanks for the info. That is unfortune that adding the photo's slows down the initial load time that much.
Unfortunate, but there's not a lot to be done about it. The speed is a function of asking the reply for the list of photos and then asking the size of each one. That takes a while for a lot of photos.

If you go to the DVA Properties dialog, Photos tab, you can change how refreshes of the photo data is done. By default, it's done as soon as DVA finds the RTV. However, if you don't use the photo stuff much, you can change that so if only happens when the DVR is manually refreshed (i.e. you right click over the ReplayTVs name on the left panel and pick refresh). It does mean you'll have to do that before accessing the photos, but again, if you only occasionally use photos, you can save time the rest of the time with this setting.

And note: There is a DVA specific online FAQ too. The FAQ you site is a generic ReplayTV one that does have some info on DVA, but perhaps not as much as the DVA specific one does.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gerry, that trick works great! I don't often need to change the photo stuff and making that change makes it so much better to get into the replay.

Thanks!

Now, if I can only figure out why I can't get to the DVArchive from the Replay unit anymore. The FAQ on DVArchive has a lot of great info. It does talk about my current problem as well. Unfortunately, I tried all the suggestions and none of them give me back that option. The event log on DVArchive doesn't show any errors either. Very strange.

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.