AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been successfully using DVArchive for months now and starting this week I can not complete any uploads from my ReplayTV to my PC.

I redid my network last week and have since downloaded three shows successfully.

However, yesterday and today I am trying to bring the mini-series "Taken" off of my Replay and store it on my PC for later viewing but I keep getting the following error message:

Download failed:

File Video/1039362197.mpeg was cancelled or not found on Entertaint Room

I've tried this and other shows with no relief. If anyone has had this problem or knows a resolution I would appreciate any and all help.

My system is configured as such:

ReplayTV 4080

Netgear FS605 (switch for home/ReplayTV Net)

Netgear RP614 (router for home/ReplayTV Net) 192.168.0.1

Netgear MR814 (router/wi-fi Internet) 192.168.1.1

Windows XP machine (AMD 1.2GHz Athlon, 512MB)

3Com Network card 192.168.0.3

3Com Network card 192.168.1.2

TONS of storage space for the video files.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Are you using NTFS or FAT filesystem?

Is your system clock on your computer within 30 seconds of that on your Replay?

What quality are the recordings?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another thing to try based on my research on this forum:

After you start the download(s), close the DVArchive interface to your Replay box and minimize DVArchive. This worked for me.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gnarf
Another thing to try based on my research on this forum:

After you start the download(s), close the DVArchive interface to your Replay box and minimize DVArchive. This worked for me.
While closing the DVR guide window for other RTVs will help, you shouldn't see any difference if you minimize the DVA main window or not.

The problem is that while the DVR window is open, DVA will periodically fetch an update to the displayed guide from the RTV. However, sometimes that update will interlock with some other U/I update (which occur frequently during a download) and lock DVA up. By closing the DVR Guide window, that update thread is suspended and hence no updates and no interference (at least from that source).

On the other hand, minimizing the DVA window doesn't result in any processes being suspended or changed. It won't hurt anything, but it shouldn't help either.

FYI

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have a similar experience with my SMC router when I try to download shows over the wireless connection. If I set the speed at 0, 614, or 200 the router always crashes and requires a hard reboot. At a speed of 50 DVA worked for like 13 hours then crashed (only 5 hours left, too). Personally I think this is the router failing so I'm buying a new one.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.