AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I convert a download AVI file to ReplayTV format and it is larger than 4.0GB. It will still run throught RTVConvert and be imported into one of the DvArchive Local Guides. However when I select it on my TV it will do and end of show long before the show has ended. If i watch the movie with VideoLan (VLC), I have no problem seening the entire show. If i reduce the file size the show plays all the way through with no problem. What is causing this. Is there a fix or is there a file size limitation?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Are the files on an internal hard drive or external (USB, Firewire, etc.)?

DVArchive runs on top of Java. What version of the Java VM are you using?

What OS are you running? WinXP, Vista, OSX?

If Windows, I'm assuming the drive is formatted NTFS, or you wouldn't get files larger than 4GB.

What if you don't run it through RTVConvert? Does it play back fully then?

If so, then it could be the .NDX or .EVT files. How large does the .XML file for the show say it is?

Rob

·
Registered
554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hickox /forum/post/16995016

if I convert a download AVI file to ReplayTV format and it is larger than 4.0GB. It will still run throught RTVConvert and be imported into one of the DvArchive Local Guides. However when I select it on my TV it will do and end of show long before the show has ended. ... If i reduce the file size the show plays all the way through with no problem.

Interesting question. Has anyone run a video greater than 4GB through rtvconvert?

(I'm running my Fellowship of the Ring mpeg2 video, now, and will try both streaming it to my Replay via DVArchive, as well as transferring it to the Replay using IVSmagic. Will report back once both tests have run.)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkaufman /forum/post/17045649

Interesting question. Has anyone run a video greater than 4GB through rtvconvert?

I think file size limits are a function of the OS and the partition type.

As posted earlier, if you are using a FAT-32 partition, you cannot have a file size larger that 4 GB. I mistakenly attempted to download a file which was larger, and DVA just hung up when the ceiling was hit.

Cheers!

-Doug

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Since he already has a converted MPEG file which is larger than 4GB, then his OS must support files larger than 4GB. So, the question remains if rtvconvert possibly has some kind of limit on the file size when creating the .NDX and .EVT files? Seems like he is saying that the resultant MPEG file is OK since he can watch it with VLC. But, if there is a playback problem on the RTVs, then maybe one of the show support files says that the show ends at 4GB...

Henry

·
Registered
554 Posts
Right now, I'm leaning towards it being a DVArchive issue. I just tried streaming a 6.82GB video file (created using rtvconvert on an MPEG2) from DVArchive to a 50xx Replay, and it prematurely ended when the "Size" column in DVArchive's 'Served Shows' tab dropped-down to "4GB."

I'm IVS transferring the same show to my Replay, now, to see how it plays locally (it transferred once, already, but my DVArchive task for automatically downloading received shows just pulled it back down. chuckle.), and will see about recording a 4+GB file on the Replay, as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts