Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DVArchive question.

Last night I was downloading shows off my 5040 with DVA. Somehow 2 copies of dva got opened. I downloaded some shows, then realized that 2 dva's were open. Closed the 2nd dva (the one i had downloaded the shows with) then closed the first one. After reopening dva I discovered that the shows I downloaded weren't showing up in dva. I tihnk that the last one I closed overwrote what shows were on there when it closed.

I have the ndx evt and mpg files in the local guide directory. I re-downloaded 2 of the shows from the 5040 and they are now showing up fine. But the third one I had already deleted from the 5040. Is there any way to get that one back in the local guide with the description? I looked at "import" but it requires me to enter all the description etc manually.

I guess what I don't know is whether the description is stored in the ndx or evt files or not.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Sorry, but no. The info is not stored in the ndx or evt guides, so your best bet is to use import and type the info in (not great, but at least you get to keep the show :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gerry,

OK thanks. I suspected as much.

Is my theory that the first instance of dva being closed after the second, which I had downloaded the shows in, overwriting the information correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.