AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed DVA v2.0a, and everything seems to be working with the exception of being able to see my PC running DVA from my ReplayTV as a second ReplayTV. I can successfully connect to my ReplayTV from DVA and download shows to my PC, but I just can't go the other way.

I have my PC and my ReplayTV connected via a Asante hub (not a router or switch) and as I said I can go from the ReplayTV to my PC, but not the other way. I have verified that the Server is running in DVA, and have rebooted my ReplayTV after startign the server in DVA, still with no luck.

I am wondering if the problem is my hub. Should I need a rounter/switch for the server function of DVA to work? Or does the problem possibly lie somewhere else?

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Have you tried hard booting, not just a soft reboot, the replay unit and rebooting the PC? That normally does wonders. By hard boot I mean pulling the plug for a few minutes then plugging it back in and a soft boot is just pressing the power button for a few seconds to get the reboot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BASSOFeeSH, that's good to know someone else has success with a hub... it must be something minor then... Yes, I hard rebooted the RTV with the DVA server running, went away for awhile and came back to the same thing. Having never done this before, I should see something like "This ReplayTV" in the Replay Guide section, at the upper right hand section of the screen (I assume in the grey bar area?), correct?

berg0449, Yes, I can manually open the replaytv in DVArchive, but usually the replaytv is automatically detected. On occassion it is slow, so I do actually go in and manually open the RTV. But thanks for the idea...

One other question for anyone,

I read in the DVA help file something about changing the internet settings on the RTV can actually cause problems, because DVA should work fine without, and doing so could actually cause problems. Unfortunately, I read this after I had already played around a bit :-(

I changed the open port to something else, then *thought* I changed it back to what it was, but I am second guessing myself now... Does anyone know what this should be. I *think* it was 00000. Does that sound correct?

Thanks very much for your replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.