AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using DVArchive for a long time now with great results on a Win2K pro system and a replay 4080.

I updated DVArchive from 1.1a to 2.1 and added a second replay 4540.

I have also run some spyware cleanup tools.

DVarchive is now not deleting shows on the replays after manual or scheudled copies or moves.

I am runing Windows 2K pro service pack 2.

Java 1.4.2

DVarchive 2.1

Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
What does your DVA log say? It provides a wealth of information.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Are you give this time to take effect? It doesn't happen instantly...

DVA sends a message to the remote replay. Depending on what the replay has going on this can take a bit of time. I don't have actual times, but it could take a little while.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
And you mean "move" instead of "copy" or are you talking about a "delete" after you've copied? You can use the move which will delete the show when done IF SUCCESSFUL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.

to clarify.

Manual select and move-> copies the show but no delete at replay unit.

Scheduled copy then delete if successful -> again copies show but no delete on replay.

I get the shows on the archive machine and can play the whole shows from there so I think the copy is suscessfull but it may have an error at the very end, can't tell without the log file.

In fact I tried to manually select and delete a show on one of my replays and no action at replay unit for over 10 min.

I restarted the DVArchive and was able to manually delete shows on replay.

but after a move or scheduled copy then delete the show still remains on replay unit even after a fresh restart of DVarchive.

I am on the road for a few days so I will not get at the log file til thursday.

Any hints on what I should be looking for would be helpful.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gsorne

to clarify.

Manual select and move-> copies the show but no delete at replay unit.

Scheduled copy then delete if successful -> again copies show but no delete on replay.

I get the shows on the archive machine and can play the whole shows from there so I think the copy is suscessfull but it may have an error at the very end, can't tell without the log file.

In fact I tried to manually select and delete a show on one of my replays and no action at replay unit for over 10 min.

I restarted the DVArchive and was able to manually delete shows on replay.

but after a move or scheduled copy then delete the show still remains on replay unit even after a fresh restart of DVarchive.

I am on the road for a few days so I will not get at the log file til thursday.

Any hints on what I should be looking for would be helpful.
I'm more confused by your clarification than your original question...

For useage of DVA see the FAQ and docs supplied with the application. They explain all the usage.

As for if DVA doesn't delete a show from the replay 100% of the time, or are you saying you can't delete the show on the replayTV itself (not through DVA).

It sound like if you either "move" a show or "download" and "delete" the show DVA doesn't succeed. Is that correct?

DVA just sends a message to the replay just like any other replay on your LAN, it's just a message to delete. And you'll have to wait for it to complete. Are you checking the replayTV to see if the show is still there or are you just checking what DVA reports? DVA doesn't update the guide until the replayTV tells DVA the data has changed. Or it's something like this, DVA may request an updated guide after waiting for several minutes. Either way the data should get updated sooner or later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to post that the cause of the problem was cybersitter in conjunction with a web add popup stopper.

I have removed both and DVArchive is running perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.