AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had DVA working on XP, streaming, the whole bit for some time now. The only change on my system (as far as I know) is some XP critical hot fixes. Now, DVA reports that it can't open port 80. As far as I can tell, nothing is blocking use of it.

Anyone have the same problems? I've got XP SP2 and SP2 hotfixes for: Q329048, Q329115, and Q329834.

I'm going to try to remove the hotfixes, test, then re-install the hotfixes - see if I can isolate it. Maybe it's not the hotfixes at all?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Try setting DVArchive to a different port number.

One of those updates might have activated/installed something that grabbed port 80.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the problem. I'm using DHCP and my IP address was different. My DVA server properties was set to override IP. After I reconfigured the IP in DVA to the current IP, it worked.

Too bad I didn't find this earlier. I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled - wasted some time. Well, hopefully, someone else reading this will save some time.

The error I was getting said "... can't open port 80.... Cannot assign requested address: JVM_BIND"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pcrtv
I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled - wasted some time
Are you sure you have Windows XP SP2? The latest service pack for Windows XP is SP1 (see this page ). Things such as 329115 are in the list of bugs to have been fixed with SP2; if you do have an official SP2, that hotfix should have been uninstalled and the SP2 fix should have taken its place.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.