AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know how to get up with Gerry at dvarchive.org? Emails to his published email address have not been answered for a couple of days. Is he still maintaining the site? My login does not work (account disabled) even though I have been a registered user for a long time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I was able to log on to the DVARCHIVE.ORG website and found that Gerry last posted on July 5. Maybe he's on holiday....

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I think that Gerry's pretty busy with his "real life", so I suspect that he just forgot to renew it. He doesn't visit the site very often, but he stopped in a week or so ago. In addition, he replied to a thread about the plans for DVArchive saying that he was pretty busy with life but planned to continue supporting DVArchive as time was available. Domain names don't cost that much, so I would suspect that he just got busy...

Henry

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
The domain name just expired a couple of days ago:

Expiration Date:18-Dec-2009 15:44:06 UTC

But, the registration is still on hold, so there's still time to renew it...

Henry

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I'm not sure for that particular domain, but something like ten to twenty bucks a year is pretty normal (at least the last time I checked). Doing multi year is cheaper and pretty normal...

Henry

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'd do it for him, since I have a registrar reseller account for my hosting biz..., but registrars lock these things now - there were too many domain scalpers out there. Domains are now locked for 30 days after expiration to allow the owner time to get his/her **** together.

A 5 year registration of a .org domain should run about $60.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I've been getting the message:
Quote:
The connection has timed out

The server at www.dvarchive.org is taking too long to respond.

for the past 5 days now. Since we're well past the "Domain Expiration Anniversary", I'm guessing it's something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdonzis /forum/post/15345313

The domain name just expired a couple of days ago:

Expiration Date:18-Dec-2009 15:44:06 UTC

But, the registration is still on hold, so there's still time to renew it...

Henry

(Since the above was posted: 12-20-08, 03:34 PM, Henry probably meant to type 18-Dec-2008
).

Would someone please try to access the DVArchive Forum and confirm/deny my findings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Back online!

No message as to what the problem was though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts