AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just restored my system partition from a Ghost image. After learning the hard way last time, I made sure that dvarchive.xml was backed-up before I restored the image.

After re-imaging, I copied the backed-up .xml to the normal spot.

Everything appeared to be fine, I can see all of my shows after pointing DVArchive to the right directory on another drive.

Now, here's the problem:

I have about 30 shows in DVArchive. They all play fine on the pc (using VideoLan) except for 4 of them. When I try one of the 4 that do not work, I get the following message:

"The associated video file cannot be found -- Show cannot be played"

Is there a way to remedy this other than importing the mpeg?

What would cause this to only happen to those 4 files?

Perhaps something went wrong w/ my .xml and it became corrupt?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
It's unlikely your XML is corrupt as the rest of the shows are OK.

DVA finds your shows "on demand" meaning when something needs them, it scans it's storage paths for them and once found, returns them. In your case, 4 shows have files DVA can't find.

First, make sure the files do exist and you have all three files (2 for ReplayTV 4xxx) - the .mpg, .ndx and .evt (evt is for 5xxx only shows). The files must be in a directory listed in the DVArchive Properties, Storage tab.

If you don't see all the files for each show, stop and find them - that is the problem.

If you do see them, insure their filename matches what DVA is expecting for the show. To see this, click on a show in DVA that has problems, right click and pick "Properties". Select the Advanced tab and near the bottom, it'll show you each file it expects to find (and whether it found it or not). If the displayed filename does not match the actual filename, rename the files to match DVAs listed version. Then go back into the Show Properties and it should show you all files as OK (no errors, no red/pink colors).

That should resolve the issues for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by gduprey
If you do see them, insure their filename matches what DVA is expecting for the show. To see this, click on a show in DVA that has problems, right click and pick "Properties". Select the Advanced tab and near the bottom, it'll show you each file it expects to find (and whether it found it or not). If the displayed filename does not match the actual filename, rename the files to match DVAs listed version. Then go back into the Show Properties and it should show you all files as OK (no errors, no red/pink colors).

That should resolve the issues for you.
Thanks Gerry, that worked! Those 4 shows did not match the names in the local guide, and they were highlighted in red.

What causes those names to change? I don't recall making any changes to the xml or local guide data.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I really don't know what could make the names change, but DVA doesn't do it (DVA only sets the name once, unless you change file naming strategies (in the DVArchive Properties Dialog, Local Guide tab) and press the Rename Now button. Can't comment on any external actions, but it would seem strange that such an action affected only 4 files. Very odd....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.