AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm new to RTV. I have a new RTV5160 and using dvarchive 2.0a. My question is at what speed should I expect downloads of shows to my PC? I tried my first transfer yesterday thru my home network (Linksys BEFSR41) and it ran at 22KB/s. There was nothing else going on on my network - the 5160 was not recording or playing - I have dvarchive set to all the defaults. Is there a way to get this to approach the 614KB/s in the defaults? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rschaar
OK I'm new to RTV. I have a new RTV5160 and using dvarchive 2.0a. My question is at what speed should I expect downloads of shows to my PC? I tried my first transfer yesterday thru my home network (Linksys BEFSR41) and it ran at 22KB/s. There was nothing else going on on my network - the 5160 was not recording or playing - I have dvarchive set to all the defaults. Is there a way to get this to approach the 614KB/s in the defaults? Thanks.
Frequent problem with wireless setups. They are OK for bursty stuff (web pages and such), but sustained high volume xfers are not their forte.

As a test, make a direct connection so the RTV and DVA are wired to the same HUB and test. You should get much better speeds (probably about 400KB/sec on a 5xxx that is on, more if you turn if off first)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I needed to know that higher transfer speeds would actually be possible. I thought that this would work fast because it was moving thru CAT5 and a couple of hubs. Other big files transfer at high speed just not my first try at RTV files. Based on your words I moved a computer right next to the RTV connected to the same hub. Transfer right now is 593KB/s. Thanks your words helped me understand that it would be worth my time to do a little rearranging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.